The Palin Speech - Page 13 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: C230 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aw Palin, good try with that speech hun! Too bad you didn't happen to mention what your party is going to do for our country...

At least the Democrats have nothing to worry about! Try getting your own household in control before you try your hand at the entire country!

Please don't think the McCain Camp will be any different than the Bush administration.

Or, do Americans secretly get their jollies from paying $4.00 /gallon?

Obama '08!!

Good day everyone! =0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
Well said, and I agree but it differers from your earlier statement. I agree with you. That is what makes this country great. But our government isn't here to spy on us, to lie to us, to rob us, and these are the things that take place to us by our government in the past 8 years.
If only the two posts could be combined.

post #123 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Haddixracing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Iraq isn't the 51st state, and that is certainly not why we invaded Iraq. And we freed plenty of Iraqis -- from the burden of living their lives. Roughly a half million dead, all on our hands. One of the greatest acts of unprovoked mass murder in my lifetime.
Like I said, freedom isn't free. If you want the world to change it will be painful.

I know that Iraq isn't part of our United States, but how long would you allow a man to beat up on a woman right in front of your eyes. Just because it's not your wife doesn't mean she doesn't need your help.
post #124 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Haddixracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlemissBritt View Post
Aw Palin, good try with that speech hun! Too bad you didn't happen to mention what your party is going to do for our country...

At least the Democrats have nothing to worry about! Try getting your own household in control before you try your hand at the entire country!

Please don't think the McCain Camp will be any different than the Bush administration.

Or, do Americans secretly get their jollies from paying $4.00 /gallon?

Obama '08!!

Good day everyone! =0)
The executive branch is in charge of gas prices? When was that change to the constitution made?

We still pay less than most other well developed countries for fuel.

What changes do people want for our country? I keep hearing these cries to change, but never what to change to...
post #125 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 SE View Post
^^^

Why aren't you in Zimbabwe then??? (or several other countries with crazy dictatorships)
No disrespect. GFUS

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #126 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
Ah crap the unemployment rate is at 6.1%. I guess that .1% makes me ignorant.
I live about 25 miles from Dayton in a small town with a population under 20,000. I only know personally of 1 person who has been laid off or lost their job during the Bush administration. Everyone I know has grown their peronal finances during his term as well. It could be that I just associate myself with people who are a little better with finances than others. I will admit that most of my friends and family are small business owners. I don't have very many acquaintances that are factory workers. Most of the "blue collar" workers I know have government jobs. I think the people that are feeling so "HARD HIT" by this economic downturn were simply overstretched in the first place. I am only 27 but I know better than to live near the edge of my financial means. I always have a good 6 months worth of "living money" in the bank and I never let my credit cards carry a balance. I also always pay cash for my cars and always buy used.

If you were one of those people living at the limit when the economy decided to slow down I'm sorry. I do feel bad for you, but I don't think that Bush is to blame. If you want to point fingers then point them at the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11, the lenders who offered 110% Home Loans and the people who took them up on it.
Actually all my family and friends that live there are either Doctors, Air Force Officers or retired business owners and AF and live in Centerville and Kettering and Fairborn areas.

At 27, if you only know one person that has been laid off or lost their job during the Bush Administration, you need to get out more, meet people and talk. In a town with a MSA population of 835K, Dayton has AVERAGED 5.813% unemployment since Bush took office. It is over 6% for the past 2 years and last month it was 7.7%.
Unemployment Rate: Dayton, OH Metropolitan Statistical Area, Ohio; Percent; NSA

During my years at WrightPatt Dayton had a very strong economy and drew in many new businesses. Now, it is a ghost of its former self, much of that happening in the past eight years.

And that .1% doesn't mean you are ignorant, just not paying attention.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #127 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quote:
Ah crap the unemployment rate is at 6.1%. I guess that .1% makes me ignorant.
I live about 25 miles from Dayton in a small town with a population under 20,000. I only know personally of 1 person who has been laid off or lost their job during the Bush administration. Everyone I know has grown their peronal finances during his term as well. It could be that I just associate myself with people who are a little better with finances than others. I will admit that most of my friends and family are small business owners. I don't have very many acquaintances that are factory workers. Most of the "blue collar" workers I know have government jobs. I think the people that are feeling so "HARD HIT" by this economic downturn were simply overstretched in the first place. I am only 27 but I know better than to live near the edge of my financial means. I always have a good 6 months worth of "living money" in the bank and I never let my credit cards carry a balance. I also always pay cash for my cars and always buy used.

If you were one of those people living at the limit when the economy decided to slow down I'm sorry. I do feel bad for you, but I don't think that Bush is to blame. If you want to point fingers then point them at the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11, the lenders who offered 110% Home Loans and the people who took them up on it.
There's some good reasoning for a 27 yr old. Thanks and welcome to BWOT

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #128 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Haddixracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Actually all my family and friends that live there are either Doctors, Air Force Officers or retired business owners and AF and live in Centerville and Kettering and Fairborn areas.

At 27, if you only know one person that has been laid off or lost their job during the Bush Administration, you need to get out more, meet people and talk.
I will agree with you there. On any given week I talk to less than 20 people. Most weeks I only see my wife and about 8 co-workers. I will admit that I don't like getting out. I have more fun with cars than I do with people. Cars are far easier to understand.
post #129 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Haddixracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
There's some good reasoning for a 27 yr old. Thanks and welcome to BWOT
Thanks for the warm welcome.
post #130 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Actually the terrorist who attacked us on 9/11 are dead. they were kamikazes. The market went nuts right after the attacks, NOT after we went to war. I agree that war has been costly though.

As far as going to Iraq I don't care who got rich from it, I care about who got freed from tyranny. The Iraq people were living under a crazy dictator for too long. If I could have schemed a way to get America to go to war to get him out of power I would have done the same thing. You can't put a price on freedom.
Well, one price of "freedom" is that 20% of your taxes for the next 20 years or so goes to pay the INTEREST on the debt that Bush ran up on the National Debt. That should keep reminding you.

But since you are so interested in pushing freedom, you might want to get the checkbook out and be ready to take on China, Iran, Pakistan, Sudan, Burma, Nepal, North Korea, Chad, Belarus, Cuba, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Haiti, Laos, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Syria, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Zimbabwe. Chechnya, Tibet, and Western Sahara. [there are more but these are considered by most of the World as the most repressive against freedom of its citizens]. Oh, and some of them might just not appreciate our "help" and hit back.

But, afterall, you can't put a price on freedom. Ante up.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in