RASMUSSEN POLL: Hillary Clinton 52%, Sarah Palin 41% in Presidential Match-up... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RASMUSSEN POLL: Hillary Clinton 52%, Sarah Palin 41% in Presidential Match-up...

And we've known Gov. Palin for three days and Sen. Clinton for--let me think--20 years? Very interesting isn't it?

Voters by a substantial majority think a woman is likely to be elected president of the United States in the next 10 years, and nearly half (48%) think Hillary Clinton is at least somewhat likely to be the one.

But not if men have their way. In a head-to-head match-up, they prefer Sarah Palin over Clinton 49% to 45% according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Women prefer the former first lady over Palin 57% to 35%.

Voters overall give Clinton the nod 52% to 41% (crosstabs available for Premium Members).

Palin, only the second woman to be on a major national party ticket, will be the focus of all eyes Wednesday night when she speaks to the Republican National Convention, her first major address since John McCain chose the Alaska governor as his running mate on Friday.

Voters initially responded slightly more favorably to her selection than Barack Obama’s choice of Delaware Senator Joseph Biden to be his vice president. It is unclear, however, how those numbers will be impacted by the bitter personal attacks Democrats and some in the media have been making against the politically conservative mother of five since Friday’s announcement. Her speech is increasingly considered a watershed moment.

In the new survey, 85% of voters say they are willing to vote for a woman for president, while only nine percent (9%) disagree and seven percent (7%) are undecided. Ironically, men are more willing to vote for a woman president than women voters by a 89% to 81% margin. These specific numbers may be impacted by the specifics of which woman is on the national ticket this year and which woman is not.

When asked if a woman is likely to be elected to the White House in the next 10 years, 84% say it is at least somewhat likely, with 36% saying it is Very Likely.

(Want a free daily e-mail update on our latest results? Sign up now. If it's in the news, it's in our polls. Get our daily update and we’ll let you know what voters really think.)

McCain chose Palin largely because of her pro-family credentials and her reputation as a reformer in Alaska willing to take on corruption in her own party. But GOP strategists also were clearly hoping she can win over Democratic women voters unhappy that Clinton was bested by Obama for the party’s presidential nomination. In her comments Friday after McCain’s announcement and in speeches since, Palin has complimented Clinton for her historic effort to break the presidential “glass ceiling.”

Nationally, after weeks of running neck-and-neck with McCain in the Rasmussen daily Presidential Tracking Poll, Obama has begun to pull away in recent days. It will take another week or so to determine if the Republican convention can overcome the bounce Obama received from his convention in Denver.

Only 38% say it is even somewhat likely that Palin will become the first woman president, including 12% who believe is Very Likely. But 54% believe she is not likely to be elected to the White House, and 22% say it is Not at all likely.

Overall, 48% say Clinton is somewhat likely to be the first woman president, including 14% who believe it is Very Likely. Forty-eight percent (48%) also say Clinton is not likely to win that honor.

Democrats and Republicans agree on their willingness to vote for a woman for president and the belief that a woman candidate will be elected in the next 10 years. But they split on predictable partisan lines when Clinton and Palin are introduced into the equation.

In the head-to-head match-up, 87% of Democrats support Clinton, while 85% of GOP voters support Palin. Unaffiliated voters go for Clinton 48% to 39%.

White voters are evenly divided at 47% each between the two candidates, but African-Americans prefer Clinton by a whopping 83% to eight percent (8%) margin.

Ninety-two percent (92%) of those who plan to vote for Obama like Clinton over Palin in a presidential race, with only three percent for the Republican. McCain voters are only slightly less partisan, with 81% for Palin versus 12% for Clinton.

Please sign up for the Rasmussen Reports daily e-mail update (it’s free)… let us keep you up to date with the latest public opinion news.

See survey questions and toplines. Crosstabs available for Premium Members only.

Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Well, looks like Clinton still lead looking at those numbers. So what's your point? Isn't it all about numbers if it was a real election?

You are just one fucked up individual.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 09:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Should someone remind Rasmussen that Hillary is not running for anything and is just wasting time.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 01:39 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Oh 15, I meant 15.... so far....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Oh 15, I meant 15.... so far....
I think you meant to post this elsewhere, didn't you. Just another example of your low class, fraudulent behavior. Just keep running around posting her name in unrelated threads of mine to try and make me look bad. I had mistakenly thought you to be a sorta stand-up guy, but obviously I am wrong. Please don't bother replying to any more of my threads/posts.

Don't believe everything you think
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 04:39 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I think you meant to post this elsewhere, didn't you. Just another example of your low class, fraudulent behavior. Just keep running around posting her name in unrelated threads of mine to try and make me look bad. I had mistakenly thought you to be a sorta stand-up guy, but obviously I am wrong. Please don't bother replying to any more of my threads/posts.
LOL. Are you genuinely psychotic? Can you not scroll up just a tiny bit in this YOUR thread to see that YOU posted her name in your very first line, and that I didn't post it at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in