BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 96 SL500, 97 E420,
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gqmagic
(Thread Starter)
More Palin Red Neck News

Palin Scrubbing Turns Up an Undeclared Car Wash | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Palin Scrubbing Turns Up an Undeclared Car Wash

Updated 7:28 p.m.
By Matthew Mosk
ST. PAUL -- In addition to being a mayor and raising four children, Sarah Palin found time for another venture in her Wasilla years -- she was part-owner of an Anchorage car wash.

Palin and husband Todd each held a 20 percent stake in Anchorage Car Wash LLC, according to state corporation records filed in 2004.

A review of Palin's gubernatorial disclosure filings indicates that she failed to report her stake in the company on the form that requires candidates for governor to disclose any interest in a nonpublicly traded company.

The car wash venture was not entirely smooth sailing. State records show the business ran into trouble with Alaska's division of corporations business and professional licensing after Palin became governor of the state in 2006.

A Feb. 11, 2007 letter to the governor's business partner advises that the car wash had "not filed its biennial report and/or paid its biennial fees," which were more than a year overdue.

The warning letter was written on state letterhead, which carried Palin's name at the top, next to the state seal.

On April 3, 2007, the state went further and issued a "certificate of involuntary dissolution" because of the car wash's failure to file its report and pay state licensing fees.

Palin's gubernatorial disclosure filings also reveal her involvement in another failed startup -- a marketing business which was to go by the name Rouge Cou, which evidently is a literal French translation of "red neck." On the 2005 form, Palin describes the firm as one for which she secured a license but did not conduct any business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmagic View Post
Palin's gubernatorial disclosure filings also reveal her involvement in another failed startup -- a marketing business which was to go by the name Rouge Cou, which evidently is a literal French translation of "red neck." On the 2005 form, Palin describes the firm as one for which she secured a license but did not conduct any business.
Red Neck? For some reason I just figured it was Red Cooter.

But hey, they only owned 40% of it. 40%, 40%

Why does that number keep coming up? Oh yeah, the FoxNews McCain pollling numbers. Maybe Palin will let him use her bump.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I bet JayRINOHawk can tell us if Palin Taint tastes better than Bush Taint.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 01:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 01:18 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Hmm.... nice teeth... she's got my vote!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 01:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where can I get those glasses.

On a serious note, I slightly feel bad for her. But not all the way or to much for that matter. They should have not picked her. Small town girl in a big city race. They are having her for dinner right now, and it will only get worst.

Did anybody notice how they are comparing her to Obama and not Biden. Every reference is to Obama.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 03:00 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
Where can I get those glasses.

On a serious note, I slightly feel bad for her. But not all the way or to much for that matter. They should have not picked her. Small town girl in a big city race. They are having her for dinner right now, and it will only get worst.

Did anybody notice how they are comparing her to Obama and not Biden. Every reference is to Obama.
Those are spunk guard glasses... She's gonna get a hell of a load as these stories pop and the gang banging continues
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 03:00 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Hmm.... nice teeth... she's got my vote!
Bite fetish?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 03:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Those are spunk guard glasses... She's gonna get a hell of a load as these stories pop and the gang banging continues
They made a huge mistake picking her seriously. Even Jayhawk compared her to Obama and not Biden. What does this tell you about peoples mind sets. Its two things.

McCains Health is a bigger issue then not, and so they might as well start comparing Palin to Obama.

I can't even consider any other. Picking here no matter how good or bad she personally is was out right fucking stupid, extreme bad move, and its only getting worst for the Republicans right now. No way out, they will have to ride this storm and it will be ugly.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 03:17 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
only slightly off-topic

A MarketWatch contributor named "traderjoeny" had this to say today, regarding automotive economy and a couple other things:
I am driving a 100 mpg scooter 20 miles each way to work every day it is nice out, until frost warning and ice....then back to truck....which is boring....most americans can't ride motorcycles/scooters, they are too fat, which sitting in large SUVs only accentuates.....so that is not a solution, americans could walk but refuse, even a few blocks to work/school is too far.....I see them every day in jeep commander (10 mpg) humvee (8???mpg) etc etc....it is total laziness and gluttony....we get what we deserve, that extends to presidents, as well...your president reflects society, if you have some trailer trash AK VP with preggie loose teens screwing the HS hockey team captain in your small backwoods town, hunt moose, are currently in legal hot water for illegally using state resources to get ex brother in law fired, other dr. phil, oprah bs, have so many kids you can't turn around without getting pregnant again, I mean it is a vagina not a clown car....look in the mirror....
U.S. automakers post steep sales declines in August - MarketWatch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in