BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
You totally missed the theme of my post; which is a typical McBare gimmick.I

n those years, she has made more decisions as an executive than BHO has made in his public service career. That's called a track record.

Why do you hate Gov Palin already?
Would the $20Million in debt in 6 years as a Mayor of a town of 7000 count as party of that sterling executive record? What about demanding the resignations of the administrators of the town to see which were "loyal" to her administration? What about the library censorship questions? Are those the ones of which you speak?

I fully understood the body of your post. It was just so full of itself that it was easier to answer quickly. Did this cover it better for you?

Why do I hate Gov. Palin? I don't. I am sure she is a very nice person. She is just fundamentally not qualified for the job. Neither mayor of a town of 7000 or Gov of a state with 600,000 which has Billions in earmarks and Oil surplus money that eliminate ANY need for a managed budget is sufficient criteria for stepping up to the bigs.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I have new ones, freshly made.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #73 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 06:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Would the $20Million in debt in 6 years as a Mayor of a town of 7000 count as party of that sterling executive record? What about demanding the resignations of the administrators of the town to see which were "loyal" to her administration? What about the library censorship questions? Are those the ones of which you speak?

I fully understood the body of your post. It was just so full of itself that it was easier to answer quickly. Did this cover it better for you?

Why do I hate Gov. Palin? I don't. I am sure she is a very nice person. She is just fundamentally not qualified for the job. Neither mayor of a town of 7000 or Gov of a state with 600,000 which has Billions in earmarks and Oil surplus money that eliminate ANY need for a managed budget is sufficient criteria for stepping up to the bigs.
I've been through this public debt with you before and you showed an amazing lack of understanding about the accounting principles involved. I doubt that the 20million debt was from operations, because no small town could absorb that for any length of time. However, municipalities can float bonds to build all sorts of infrastructure. So until you can show a budget series and some documentation, what you are spreading is pure bullshit and baseless smear. You are called out on that.

BTW: I forget what budget BHO has managed, of any size. Refresh my memory.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #74 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 06:50 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:

BTW: I forget what budget BHO has managed, of any size.
What you're saying is that only Governors, not Senators, can be good presidents. Who knows, maybe you're right. Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton were governors. Harry S Truman and John F. Kennedy were senators.
post #75 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
His campaign budget, for one.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #76 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
His campaign budget, for one.
The best fund raiser ever on top of that
post #77 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I've been through this public debt with you before and you showed an amazing lack of understanding about the accounting principles involved. I doubt that the 20million debt was from operations, because no small town could absorb that for any length of time. However, municipalities can float bonds to build all sorts of infrastructure. So until you can show a budget series and some documentation, what you are spreading is pure bullshit and baseless smear. You are called out on that.

All you have to do is go to the Wasilla City Council to see the results of your concept of budget accounting. They are still burdened with it nearly a decade later.

And NO, a little town does NOT have to get itself in that kind of debt. That is just irresponsible management. But let's let a Wasilla resident explain.
Quote:
"This was during a period of low inflation (1996-2002). She reduced progressive property taxes and increased a regressive sales tax which taxed even food. The tax cuts that she promoted benefited large corporate property owners way more than they benefited residents. The huge increases in tax revenues during her mayoral administration weren’t enough to fund everything on her wish list though, borrowed money was needed, too. She inherited a city with zero debt, but left it with indebtedness of over $22 million. What did Mayor Palin encourage the voters to borrow money for? Was it the infrastructure that she said she supported? The sewage treatment plant that the city lacked? or a new library? No. $1m for a park. $15m-plus for construction of a multi-use sports complex which she rushed through to build on a piece of property that the City didn’t even have clear title to, that was still in litigation 7 yrs later--to the delight of the lawyers involved! The sports complex itself is a nice addition to the community but a huge money pit, not the profit-generator she claimed it would be. She also supported bonds for $5.5m for road projects that could have been done in 5-7 yrs without any borrowing. While Mayor, City Hall was extensively remodeled and her office redecorated more than once. These are small numbers, but Wasilla is a very small city."
Hey, we've seen the pics. City hall is boffo

McBear,
Kentucky

post #78 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:04 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^^
She's perfect for our government, that sounds like the clowns we already have, so why fret it?
post #79 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
All you have to do is go to the Wasilla City Council to see the results of your concept of budget accounting. They are still burdened with it nearly a decade later.

And NO, a little town does NOT have to get itself in that kind of debt. That is just irresponsible management. But let's let a Wasilla resident explain.

Hey, we've seen the pics. City hall is boffo
Does mismanagement still count as management experience?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #80 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
^^
She's perfect for our government, that sounds like the clowns we already have, so why fret it?
Fn TIRED of CLOWNS

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in