Is Anyone Watching this Palin Disaster Unfold? What was McCain Thinking? - Page 33 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #321 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyc280 View Post
Post whore extraordinaire.

I am a mere pauper.

After the first 1k , it should get a lot easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Keep going, you too TK, I have taken measures to avoid being first before, I can do it again.
Whoa dude, your post count just went down--you're like a god!
post #323 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Nice moral argument, but where you err is in not realizing that abortion is a legal, not moral argument.

The COTUS does not concern itself with "viability", that question is already decided in the 14th Amendment, which specifies that a US citizen, a class of human beings the COTUS states is entitled to rights under the COTUS, is someone who has been "naturally born or naturalized". Read it yourself.

It gives no rights to anyone (or thing to you anti-zygotes) who has not actually been born yet- that is the settled law on which Roe v Wade is based, none of the actual legal arguments have anything to do with the "viability" red herring.

The second point of law is in the 13th Amendment, which states no citizen shall be forced to endure involuntary servitude. Motherhood, like it or not, is servitude. The very basis of the American Idea is the idea that we all have an ultimate right to control our own destiny if we live lawfully, and that the state has no business to decide what our destiny shall be other than to take that right to determine our own destiny away if we break the law - an idea born of The Revolution of 1776 against the idea that some of us are "noble" and others "commoners". Our revolution said there is no distinction legally from the rights of one person to those of another, and this idea emanating from the Declaration of Independence was finally codified directly in the COTUS in 1865 in the 14th Amendment.

If abortion was illegal, women would no longer have that right, their choice of personal destiny would not be that of their own, but of the state, which would command her to have a child and to spend a third of her life raising it. Abortion, which may or may not be immoral from one person to the next, is legal.
Your legal arguments are about as far off as they can be, just left of worthless.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #324 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 05:46 PM
~BANNED~

Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Don't forget. babies have a right to live.
post #325 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
If you are pro life then you shouldn't believe in the death penalty as well as not believing in a woman's right to choose to have a child. In my opinion pro life is pro life no matter who's life it is. The government passed the law for a woman's right to choose just as it passed the death penalty.
There are plenty of other ways to not have a child besides abortion. Adoption, abstinence, birth control.
How do we justify a woman wanting an abortion and the death penalty being different? Are we going to start prosecuting women who have a legal abortion for murder and sentencing them to the death penalty?
So, my question to all of you who are pro life and for the death penalty. Which do you really believe in? You can't have it both ways. You either are Pro Life all the way or not at all.
Bit of a dilemma isn't it?

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
post #326 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
If you are pro life then you shouldn't believe in the death penalty as well as not believing in a woman's right to choose to have a child. In my opinion pro life is pro life no matter who's life it is. The government passed the law for a woman's right to choose just as it passed the death penalty.
There are plenty of other ways to not have a child besides abortion. Adoption, abstinence, birth control.
How do we justify a woman wanting an abortion and the death penalty being different? Are we going to start prosecuting women who have a legal abortion for murder and sentencing them to the death penalty?
So, my question to all of you who are pro life and for the death penalty. Which do you really believe in? You can't have it both ways. You either are Pro Life all the way or not at all.
Belly button kissing
post #327 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
If you are pro life then you shouldn't believe in the death penalty as well as not believing in a woman's right to choose to have a child.
Non-sequitur.

Quote:
In my opinion pro life is pro life no matter who's life it is. The government passed the law for a woman's right to choose just as it passed the death penalty.
No they didn't.

Quote:
There's a good lass.

Quote:
I'd suggest re-reading the last 80 - 100 posts for the answers you seek.

Quote:
No it isn't.

post #328 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:06 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
WELL spoken sis.
post #329 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ No it wasn't.

post #330 of 423 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
~BANNED~

Why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in