Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSL View Post
That's not at all what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is:

I have my opinion on the importance of what is happening, and you have yours. We can either pound on each other, knowing full well we will never change one anothers minds, or we can have a slight disagreement, and still go on about our daily lives. This arguement has been going on since warfare came about, and will continue going on until it ends.

A countries interests are a countries interests. It doesn't matter what they are. It can be oil or any other natural resource, it can be humanitarian, it can be over Frosted fucking Flakes. The outcomes are still the same. There is no, absolutely zero, altruism about war. There is nothing heroic about it. It is dirty, nasty, and polarizing. I wish it would go away. The reality of the situation is, it won't, and since it won't, I'm glad I belong to the country that is very good at it.

And yet the truth is, the Iraq war did not have to happen. And Bush's lying caused it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:32 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 1991 500SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Literature?

Seems you have little respect for the Senate Select Committee's work.
Literature commonly refers to any written piece of work, now doesn't it?

1991 500SL
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
1) Putting an end to people hiding out in non-friendly countries attacking us with impunity anywhere in the world.

2) Finally holding the UN accountable was a master stroke. Also highlighting France, Germany, and Russias collusion with Saddam was brilliant. No wonder the sanctions never worked, eh?

3) That I agree with. As a stated in another post, there are things I think he fucked up.

4) He did not set up a terror organization. He and his admin. definately underestimated the average Iraqis ability to do any autonomous thinking.
NO, NO, NO. People were NOT hiding in IRAQ. There was ZERO evidence of that. Al Qaeda did not enter IRAQ until WE made a power vacuum.

Sanctions were working. They worked for over a decade and there were no WMDs ANYWHERE. That was proven time and again both before and after Shock and AWE.

Yes, our invasion and occupation allowed a terror network to be set up in Iraq. We did not plan correctly, we had no "what if" contingency plan and we did not have a system in place to fill the vacuum created by invasion. Piss poor planning from DayONE. Al Qaeda took full advantage of that weakness and are now in Iraq. Also, IRAN has its hooks in Iraq which was not the case prior to Shock and Awe.

You can't blame the Iraqis for lack of any autonomous thinking. We shit in their nest, scrambled up a good little civil war and then act surprised that "they" can't get their shit together.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:35 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
And yet the truth is, the Iraq war did not have to happen. And Bush's lying caused it.
No, it didn't. And Saddams lying caused it, not Bushs. And yes, I do believe he misrepresented some things or put extra emphasis on others.

1991 500SL
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Literature commonly refers to any written piece of work, now doesn't it?
Not really. Literature usually refers to pieces of written fiction or non fiction novels and general reading material, not government reports.

They are usually known as "That PITA Report" or "That Fn Document".

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:37 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
NO, NO, NO. People were NOT hiding in IRAQ. There was ZERO evidence of that. Al Qaeda did not enter IRAQ until WE made a power vacuum.

Sanctions were working. They worked for over a decade and there were no WMDs ANYWHERE. That was proven time and again both before and after Shock and AWE.

Yes, our invasion and occupation allowed a terror network to be set up in Iraq. We did not plan correctly, we had no "what if" contingency plan and we did not have a system in place to fill the vacuum created by invasion. Piss poor planning from DayONE. Al Qaeda took full advantage of that weakness and are now in Iraq. Also, IRAN has its hooks in Iraq which was not the case prior to Shock and Awe.

You can't blame the Iraqis for lack of any autonomous thinking. We shit in their nest, scrambled up a good little civil war and then act surprised that "they" can't get their shit together.
Quit throwing a temper tantrum like a two year old not getting its way.

1991 500SL
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:39 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
They are usually known as "That PITA Report" or "That Fn Document".
Those statements are usually folowed by :
" Don't those jackasses know how much work this is gonna make me do"

1991 500SL
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:54 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSL
And yes, I do believe he misrepresented some things or put extra emphasis on others.

Hold that thought as you move away from the dark side........we'll guide you....
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 10:03 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
Hold that thought as you move away from the dark side........we'll guide you....
Doubtfull. My lot is cast already.

1991 500SL
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 10:16 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: C220 CDI with OPTIONS!
Quote:
I've read both. They are pretty important pieces of literature in my line of work.
I presume then, that your "line of work" requires a fair bit of research and understanding of historical and world events?

Quote:
... Also highlighting France, Germany, and Russias collusion with Saddam was brilliant. No wonder the sanctions never worked, eh?
err, you do know that it was US Governments that a> helped place both the Al Qaeda and Saddam regimes in Afghanistan and IRAQ respectively and that b> until the mid to late 1980's were officially funding and supplying both with weaponry?

If you don't have a grasp of the reality of the world, it's very hard to stand your ground when arguing a propaganda line.

The simple truth is that the best lies are the ones you want to believe.

"Look Pa! I contributed absolutely nothing to that there thread!"

Cubanite Silver C220 CDI Avantgarde with the lot ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in