post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 08:54 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 1991 500SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Good to see you can write off half a million innocent lives so easily from a war that had no reason to exist. But whatever lets you sleep well at night.

About that illegal part. That is still up for grabs. Amoral for lying and cooking the books on intel. THAT is another story, one that is well proven.
Really? By the way, I sleep very well at night.

1991 500SL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 08:57 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSL
Those deaths damn sure could have been avoided if Saddam had come clean about what he was doing. He didn't and unfortunately innocent people paid the price for his cat and mouse games.
If Bush had refrained from lying to the American people and Congress those innocent lives, in addition to those of over 4400 US service men and women would not have been lost.

Quote:
Furthermore, there was nothing illegal about it.

Familiarize yourself with Public Law 107-243. The misrepresentations, circumlocutory logic, and false premises presented in Bush's required filing in support of the invasion in his 'Report in Connection with Presidential Determination under Public Law 107-243 were and are worthy of impeachment. That Congress has not chosen to fulfill their Constitutional purview is for another discussion.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
If Bush had refrained from lying to the American people and Congress those innocent lives, in addition to those of over 4400 US service men and women would not have been lost.

Familiarize yourself with Public Law 107-243. The misrepresentations, circumlocutory logic, and false premises presented in Bush's required filing in support of the invasion in his 'Report in Connection with Presidential Determination under Public Law 107-243 were and are worthy of impeachment. That Congress has not chosen to fulfill their Constitutional purview is for another discussion.
Look fella, Bush cannot be an idiot and an evil mastermind at the same time. The two are diametrically opposed.

By the way, Hillary "formed her own investigatory panel, and studied her own sources" and came to the same conclusions as Bush.

Repeat for Britian, Russia, and on and on and on. But, I guess Bush is such a fucking idiot he was able to mislead the entire world.

1991 500SL
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Sure he can

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:04 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Seeing as this is our first interaction and I have not been uncivil towards you, I would beg you to not be so quick to throw profanity into the mix.
If you were not among those cheering, then my description of the aforementioned stupid fuckers would be of no import to you.

Methinks thou doth protest too much....
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSL View Post
Really? By the way, I sleep very well at night.
Try reading the 9/11 Commission Report and the Senate Select Committee Report on Iraq.

And I am not surprised.

And welcome aboard OT.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Repeat for Britian, Russia, and on and on and on. But, I guess Bush is such a fucking idiot he was able to mislead the entire world.
Erm, that would be the UN then, right (as opposed to the rag-tag miscreant coalition of the bribed and the threatened)?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
If you were not among those cheering, then my description of the aforementioned stupid fuckers would be of no import to you.

Methinks thou doth protest too much....
Oh no, you might have misunderstood me, I was definately cheering. Not cheering because innocent people got hurt, but cheering that we finally had a President that had balls, and was done putting up with stupid shit.

1991 500SL
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Look fella, Bush cannot be an idiot and an evil mastermind at the same time. The two are diametrically opposed.

By the way, Hillary "formed her own investigatory panel, and studied her own sources" and came to the same conclusions as Bush.

You might want to check Britain's official report as well as Russia's. Add France, Germany and the UN Reports to the mix in your reading. Most have been previously submitted on this board. Just use your search engine and you will find them.

As for bush being an idiot and an evil mastermind, you are half right. It does not require "mastermind" to concoct dubious intent. Just stupidity and a group of people who will follow you or are required to follow you.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:08 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Try reading the 9/11 Commission Report and the Senate Select Committee Report on Iraq.

And I am not surprised.

And welcome aboard OT.
I've read both. They are pretty important pieces of literature in my line of work.

Thanks.

1991 500SL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in