post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
BARAKOPOLIS...

The chosen one is soon to arrive! He has turned a football field into a Emperor's throne!

GOP MOCKS GRAND STAGE AS GREEK HUBRIS

DENVER - Democrats will kneel before the "Temple of Obama" tonight.

As if a Rocky Mountain coronation were not lofty enough, Barack Obama will aim for Mount Olympus when he accepts his party's nomination atop an enormous, Greek-columned stage - built by the same cheesy set team that put together Britney Spears' last tour.

BARACK OBAMA'S TEMPLE OF DEMOCRATS ON MT. O-LYMPUS - New York Post

Dems nervous over Invesco risks - Charles Mahtesian - Politico.com

The Master Has Arrived
Declarations - WSJ.com

but, that's just my opinion: Barackopolis

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 10:43 AM
concretist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
And juxtaposed to that we'll have the Republican stage (pulpit):

Last edited by concretist; 08-28-2008 at 10:46 AM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 10:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Poor Barack, demoted, one step below our current leader and Jayhawk's God, Bush Christ.

Obama deserves his moment in the sun, this country is nominating it's first person of color to the presidency, the culmination of a national journey that began in 1861. This is a profound historic moment. Jayhawk's code is easy: "uppity nigger ought to know his place".

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 08-28-2008 at 10:47 AM.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 11:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Jay don't get mad, your turn to speak is next week and they have already started your big moment.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
But even the Kookbergers here must admit that the "Greek God" approach is a bit much--especially for the "first person of color," who claims a humble background. I think a humble, Roots-type-approach, would have been much more effective--and appropriate!

He's just feeding that image of a "rock star," and that plays right into McCain's hands!

Last edited by Jayhawk; 08-28-2008 at 11:10 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Everyone of those pictures you posted are of something else or have been photo-shopped. That's how the RINO Party works, phony emails, phony pictures, hoaxes, false information planted by Talk Radio Fascists, Swiftboat Books, etc. You guys are becoming increasingly pathetic and desperate, why would anyone want to vote for people who engage in those tactics?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 11:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
But even the Kookbergers here must admit that the "Greek God" approach is a bit much--especially for the "first person of color," who claims a humble background. I think a humble, Roots-type-approach, would have been much more effective--and appropriate!

He's just feeding that image of a "rock star," and that plays right into McCain's hands!
Not really. He has a big message to get out and needs all the fire works to get it done. Also consider this. He is taking on the task of bringing a nation together to change America. I believe it is just the kind of setting he needs. Why would you down play such a big task. The movement is real, his support is real. Its funny how you continue to attack him, yet his support continues to grow. Its people like you and others that aren't even willing to give this movement a chance. As if there is a deeper intent towards Barack and what he stands for.

I think Jay, you have missed some major points in the race. CHANGE. No matter what we need it. I, like millions of Americans, feel like there may be a chance where America can go back into the American hands and not in the hands of two people. That is what this is about. Your efforts to denounce such change is worthless to be honest with you. In fact the more you post the more I can see we REALLY need change.

What will you do if things do turn out to be better if Obama is voted into office. Will you just be out right mad about a man or his movement. Are you upset at the fact that history of which you probably didn't think would take place in your life time has. Excepted it Jay win or loose the books are closed and the movement has started and its on a roll. American people want our nation back and nothing you post or any of the assholes on here will ever ever change that.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 11:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
More like Barakapalooza
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
Not really. He has a big message to get out and needs all the fire works to get it done. Also consider this. He is taking on the task of bringing a nation together to change America. I believe it is just the kind of setting he needs. Why would you down play such a big task. The movement is real, his support is real. Its funny how you continue to attack him, yet his support continues to grow. Its people like you and others that aren't even willing to give this movement a chance. As if there is a deeper intent towards Barack and what he stands for.

I think Jay, you have missed some major points in the race. CHANGE. No matter what we need it. I, like millions of Americans, feel like there may be a chance where America can go back into the American hands and not in the hands of two people. That is what this is about. Your efforts to denounce such change is worthless to be honest with you. In fact the more you post the more I can see we REALLY need change.

What will you do if things do turn out to be better if Obama is voted into office. Will you just be out right mad about a man or his movement. Are you upset at the fact that history of which you probably didn't think would take place in your life time has. Excepted it Jay win or loose the books are closed and the movement has started and its on a roll. American people want our nation back and nothing you post or any of the assholes on here will ever ever change that.

Not everybody's drinking it...

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 View Post
More like Barakapalooza
Good one!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in