post #151 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 1999 E300TD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
A bear playing with his food is entertaining.
You're obviously easily entertained.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&TanW210 View Post
Democratic Bastard Example:

John Edwards, self-touting crusader for the working class, is nothing more than an adultering douche, who just so happens to live in a house that is about 10 times(no joke) larger than any working class home. He lives in a 29,000 square foot compound.

I mean, how many people who are in touch with the working class have a basketball court, a squash court, a four-story tower, two stages and a swimming pool in their own backyard 20,000 foot recreation building.
I do a lot of volunteer work. With that work I have been privileged to bump into a bunch of folks who also volunteer much of their time and money and believe that service to the people is the most important duty in life.

A few would consider John Edwards' compound a nice guest house. Don't confuse how much money someone has with their desire to help others.

I had one good friend who was one of the most generous and giving people I ever knew. She provided MILLIONS in funding for programs for the poor and provided help for anyone that wanted to start a program that would help education anywhere in this country. She also owned 1500 acres Gainesway Farm in Kentucky, another in Saratoga New York and upon her death had 51,000 acres of property. You could have put Edwards estate in one of her paddocks.

She and her husband also had a few museums
Whitney Museum of American Art
Headley-Whitney Museum

Now regarding his adultery. Not smart. Not good for his career BUT, does not speak to his care for folks who have less than he.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #153 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
A bear playing with his food is entertaining.
I have to do something while waiting on Bangalore to come up with a good excuse as to why they are late on their deliverable.

So far "It is "mostly" there" is just not working out for them. I keep asking if I can just send "most" of their invoice.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #154 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hmm, this "black&tan" guy registered July 3, but this is the only thread he has ever posted on, a thread he started. Registers on Jul 3, but does not post on any car forums, and waits a month to post on a political forum. Looks like Rex put a login "in the bank" for the next time he'd be banned. I bet he's spent about as much time in Afghanistan as my golden retriever.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #155 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Hmm, this "black&tan" guy registered July 3, but this is the only thread he has ever posted on, a thread he started. Registers on Jul 3, but does not post on any car forums, and waits a month to post on a political forum. Looks like Rex put a login "in the bank" for the next time he'd be banned. I bet he's spent about as much time in Afghanistan as my golden retriever.
No real commonality on the IP side of things with a cursory look. And the MOS is right.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #156 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
No, he's made a couple of posts on the W210 board and bitched about not being able to get any help over there. I think he's real.
post #157 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
A real something.
post #158 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:46 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Dude, you really are a whacko. Please tell me where you teach so I can keep my kids as far away as possible. I am being 100% serious. I would appreciate knowing which university to stay away from.

Oral Roberts University - A Christian College, based in Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #159 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
You said "Oral"
post #160 of 216 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
I watch the democrats tell the American people everything they want to hear, while simultaneously doing nothing but working to benefit themselves, and I move in opposition. The democratic-run Congress is a disgrace, and Nancy Pelosi should be tried as a traitor.
You'll get little argument from anyone here on the efficacy or integrity of the Democrat congress.

The point of our cumulative tirades against your wild flailing today, is this.

1) Considering what the President can do by way of the powers assigned to him through the COTUS, between Obama and McCain, the choice is obvious - Obama will put an end to the bloody money hemorrhage that is TWAT (The War Against Terror). It's not a democrat/republican thing; Ron Paul was the Republican with quite a lot of troop support because he was going to get them the fuck out of Dodge.

2) If you're concerned that Obama would be a rubber-stamp law signer for a Democrat congress, well, those fears may be well founded given Bush's veto-abstinence policy for the Republican congress. The solution to this issue is to elect smart representatives, where you live. Which is why I asked who you voted for in your congressional district. I'm willing to bet that, at this particular angle, the mirror casts your visage in an unflattering light.

The sooner you start evaluating people as individuals, rather than specs in a giant blob that can all be electrostatically coated with the same shade of paint, the faster you'll start making sense to the rest of the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in