One rock star (Madonna) pimping for another rock star (Obambi) - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
One rock star (Madonna) pimping for another rock star (Obambi)

John McCain's campaign hit back at Madonna on Sunday after the pop diva kicked off her world tour with a concert that bracketed the US presidential candidate with Adolf Hitler.

McCain campaign spokesman Tucker Bounds angrily condemned the segment of Madonna's concert in Cardiff on Saturday that appeared to draw a comparison between McCain, Hitler and Zimbabwean strongman Robert Mugabe.

"The comparisons are outrageous, unacceptable and crudely divisive all at the same time," Bounds said in a statement reported by Fox News.

"It clearly shows that when it comes to supporting Barack Obama, his fellow worldwide celebrities refuse to consider any smear or attack off limits."

Madonna's apparent swipe at McCain came during a performance of the song "Get Stupid", when the Republican contender's image was flashed up alongside images of destruction and global warming as well as Hitler and Mugabe.

Towards the end of the song, pictures of Beatles star John Lennon, former US vice-president Al Gore, Indian Mahatma Gandhi and McCain's Democrat rival Barack Obama appeared.

McCain camp lashes 'outrageous' Madonna

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
If McCain is going to live by Bush's Iraq policies, he gets to die by Bush's Iraq policies. He can't have the "I support the war and it is a good thing - 9/11, vote for me" campaign and bitch when folks associate him with other mass murderers who invaded sovereign nations.

Quote:
On October 18, 2001, barely a month after the attacks of 9/11 and in the midst of the deadly anthrax scare where person(s) unknown had sent envelopes containing a powdered form of the deadly disease to members of Congress and the Media, Senator McCain appeared on "Late Night with David Letterman", where he accused Iraq as being the source of the attack:

LETTERMAN: "How are things going in Afghanistan now?"

MCCAIN: " I think we’re doing fine …. I think we’ll do fine. The second phase — if I could just make one, very quickly — the second phase is Iraq. There is some indication, and I don’t have the conclusions, but some of this anthrax may — and I emphasize may — have come from Iraq."

LETTERMAN: "Oh, is that right?"

Barely a month after 9/11, McCain was already repeating Bush White House talking points to hype Iraq as an active threat to the United States despite having absolutely no evidence to support such a claim.

When the FBI revealed that the man who was the source of the 2001 anthrax attacks committed suicide rather than be arrested, McCain offered no retraction of his earlier accusation, and still, to this day, argues that Iraq was an active threat to the United States.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
If McCain is going to live by Bush's Iraq policies, he gets to die by Bush's Iraq policies. He can't have the "I support the war and it is a good thing - 9/11, vote for me" campaign and bitch when folks associate him with other mass murderers who invaded sovereign nations.
You have lost what little objectivity you had. How sad...

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
You have lost what little objectivity you had. How sad...
What did not seem objective? The "Live by Bush policies, Die by Bush policies" comment or the part where he started pimping Bushie's Iraq invasion when we had ZERO reason to do so?

He has to accept that, if he is going to stand up for a position, no matter what the facts are, he has to take the hits for that stand. And that is just about as objective as can be.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
What did not seem objective? The "Live by Bush policies, Die by Bush policies" comment or the part where he started pimping Bushie's Iraq invasion when we had ZERO reason to do so?

He has to accept that, if he is going to stand up for a position, no matter what the facts are, he has to take the hits for that stand. And that is just about as objective as can be.
Wake up bear! When we went into Iraq virtually everyone thought is was the right thing to do--democRATS and Republicans alike. AND YOU DAMN WELL KNOW IT. It kills me how all you Kookbergers around here pretend that isn't so. Re-wrighting history may make you feel better, but it only makes you look foolish!

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I do recall feeling rather lonely for a while toward the beginning. It didn't last.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
History and I are quite comfortable with regard to that bit of news
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
I do recall feeling rather lonely for a while toward the beginning. It didn't last.
Everyone makes it seem like some Bush misadventure, when the whole fucking world thought "it had to be done, and only the USA was willing to do the right thing..." Memories are so short and so selective.

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Everyone makes it seem like some Bush misadventure, when the whole fucking world thought "it had to be done, and only the USA was willing to do the right thing..." Memories are so short and so selective.
Dude, your delusions are obviously quite long of tooth. World opinion at the time was far far far and away against the Bush misadventure
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:56 PM
~BANNED~

Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I don't have any memories because I can't remember them. But I do remember that gw is a pud asshole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in