Asshole of the Day - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:04 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
I cannot tolerate judgemental fucks who complain about traffic. Everyone is entitled to their point of view. Those that want to sleep should sleep, those that want to fit in should as well. Those that want to play should be allowed. Whining about any different driving ideologies other than your own makes you boring, especially regarding older SL's. This blatant intolerance and inablity to think freely is disgusting and should at worst be suffered in silence. There is no superiority to be gained fighting or judging the congested world. We are are one race, one culture, one mind, and we should love all the children like Whitney and imagine an aethiest place of mutual respect. Please bow your heads in silent reverie now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I cannot tolerate judgemental fucks who complain about traffic. Everyone is entitled to their point of view. Those that want to sleep should sleep, those that want to fit in should as well. Those that want to play should be allowed. Whining about any different driving ideologies other than your own makes you boring, especially regarding older SL's. This blatant intolerance and inablity to think freely is disgusting and should at worst be suffered in silence. There is no superiority to be gained fighting or judging the congested world. We are are one race, one culture, one mind, and we should love all the children like Whitney and imagine an aethiest place of mutual respect. Please bow your heads in silent reverie now.
Damn,is that the time already?

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post

R D R R R
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
concretist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Let me be the first judgemental fuck and take the contrarian view. The tailgater thing really bugs me. That habit is not about getting somewhere faster, I'm convinced. Most times when I have been tailgated, if I move over, the driver pulls on up ahead and sits on the next guy's bumper. They apparently don't understand that if I must stop quickly, they're going to run into my backside and kill me. If you pull over to let them pass they give you a look like you're an idiot when they drive past.

I tend to take it personally when I'm being tailgated. Occasionally I admit that I slam on the brakes giving them a heart attack. I know, bad idea. I don't want to get shot trying to teach someone a lesson but I find it gratifying watching them come unglued. Perhaps mounting a Lucas flood lamp on the rear shelf would work. Evidently, it is just a habit for most drivers who do it. The obstacle for me is to relax about it, since it is not "me" they're doing it to, is that I am fearful of the possible consequences. Unfortunately, I suspect that the competence of the newer vehicles is an enabler to tailgaters on a subliminal level.

What is needed is a signal we can give tailgaters that is socially accepted and fairly universal. If you want to send a signal to an oncoming driver to dim his lights, you flash the high beams. If you want a slower driver to move over, you flash the high beams. I think both of those signals are generally understood and legal. I've tried flashing my brake lights and that is effective only for those who absent mindedly crept up on you but don't have an investment in tailgating. I suppose my signal idea would need plenty of publicity saying how dangerous it is to follow too closely. Frankly, I'd give my vote for President in this next election if he or she promised to do nothing but mount a major campaign against tailgaters.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I don't block the merge lane with the sl's. I don't want to be the one in the marsh. I tend to do it in the Suburban or Jag. The Suburban for the size and the Jag they just stay away from. The PT Cruiser they just giggle and push past.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretist View Post
Let me be the first judgemental fuck and take the contrarian view. The tailgater thing really bugs me. That habit is not about getting somewhere faster, I'm convinced. Most times when I have been tailgated, if I move over, the driver pulls on up ahead and sits on the next guy's bumper. They apparently don't understand that if I must stop quickly, they're going to run into my backside and kill me. If you pull over to let them pass they give you a look like you're an idiot when they drive past.

I tend to take it personally when I'm being tailgated. Occasionally I admit that I slam on the brakes giving them a heart attack. I know, bad idea. I don't want to get shot trying to teach someone a lesson but I find it gratifying watching them come unglued. Perhaps mounting a Lucas flood lamp on the rear shelf would work. Evidently, it is just a habit for most drivers who do it. The obstacle for me is to relax about it, since it is not "me" they're doing it to, is that I am fearful of the possible consequences. Unfortunately, I suspect that the competence of the newer vehicles is an enabler to tailgaters on a subliminal level.

What is needed is a signal we can give tailgaters that is socially accepted and fairly universal. If you want to send a signal to an oncoming driver to dim his lights, you flash the high beams. If you want a slower driver to move over, you flash the high beams. I think both of those signals are generally understood and legal. I've tried flashing my brake lights and that is effective only for those who absent mindedly crept up on you but don't have an investment in tailgating. I suppose my signal idea would need plenty of publicity saying how dangerous it is to follow too closely. Frankly, I'd give my vote for President in this next election if he or she promised to do nothing but mount a major campaign against tailgaters.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
@ Shane & GS

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
This looks familiar somehow, but I can't seem to recall the meaning...
+1

but at least someone cares (humor often at the expense of other members).

I don't have the patience to elaborate assholic behaviors.

8/21
To the mom straight out of Real Housewives of Orange County, who parks her gus guzzling white Tahoe on tenants only parking space closest to the building, leaves the car idling while dropping off/picking up her brats, proceeds to talk on the cellphone the whole time, meanwhile the Tahoe idles on. She then pulls out without checking behind, exits the parking lot going against the designated traffic flow.

The context of all this is that she is dropping her kids off at a day camp hosted by a nature preserve.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in