TOP TEN WAYS TO TELL IF YOU'RE A TYPICAL CHRISTIAN - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:08 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz rider View Post
I know, that's why I'm waiting on him to respond to my Arm Leg Leg Arm Head thread

My guess was it was what you had marinating in the fridge ready to throw on the BBQ...............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh I get it, Jakarta Expat is a clown. no wonder nobody respects him. and don't bother responding to my thread I posted for you, I can tell you ain't ready to get exposed.
post #73 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Hey JE is a Muslim, maybe you can score some bonus points with God if you're able to convert him

He thinks my name is Jody..............
post #74 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelschneider View Post
The ten commandments provide the moral structure that civilized society holds true. Adultery, murder, theft, etc. A civilized person can argue that these are common sense and have no ties to Christianity, but look in third world countries and say the same. These principles are found in all religions to varying degrees, ( some to extreme levels)
The Ten Commandments are interesting. 40% of them address how to "respect God" and have nothing to do with moral structure. The moral issues the remaining rules represent are in every culture, whether religious or not so "Ten Commandments" is a bit of a moot point. They are ingrained mores of civilization.

Quote:
As far as allowing people to starve, we have the murdering of children happening everyday in our own country. Abortion. I find it somewhat disturbing that people bring up starving people in another country but skip over abortion like it is nothing. Many of the members of PETA an extreme liberal organization, are horrified by monkeys wearing makeup and kept well fed in a cage and walk on into the poles and punch the very ticket that allows the murdering of children everyday.
You tried to move the question from a God allowing people to starve to decisions people make. Those are two different arguments. Focus on the original argument. Why would an omnipotent God allow millions of innocent children die of starvation, or genocide or even abortion [if you consider them children]? Simply answer that?

Quote:
Natural disasters occur everyday, earth quakes, hurricanes, fires and floods, Is that God allowing his children to suffer unnecessarily? Should we all live forever? We had the great depression in the U.S. thousands died from that. There have been epidemics across the globe killing millions of people, Should God stop all those from happening? I understand what you are saying, I just don't understand how you are saying it.
I am saying that Natural disasters, disease, epidemics, normal life spans are all part of nature and that is all it is. YOU just made the point that there is no omnipotent god to take suffering and pain and torture and savage out of a natural equation.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #75 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:20 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
oh I get it, Jakarta Expat is a clown. no wonder nobody respects him. and don't bother responding to my thread I posted for you, I can tell you ain't ready to get exposed.

For the last time, my name is not Jody.............
post #76 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
If this is the case, why are you trying to find your answers and understanding from regular people and not asking God himself to reveal the answers to you so you can understand?

All you're really doing now is showing how much of an asshole you really are and for some sadistic reason you get off on bashing Christianity. sadly, you gain no support. sucks to be you huh?

you = weak
First, I find "regular people" to have very extraordinary insight into how the world works and how beliefs and critical thinking are interwoven.

Second, I find that I can discuss religion with most people and express my views and listen to their views and everyone grows. If you actually READ what I have written you will see that I have not bashed Christianity at all. I simply question blind faith.

The only thing that I bash that is connected to Christianity is intolerance. So, with that I obviously question your ability to carry on a debate on the merits of religious doctrine without moving to childish name calling and pettiness. That kind of intolerance is what gives Christians such a bad reputation.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #77 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelschneider View Post
As someone who considers them self a Christian, I have certain values. Values are what make up a persons character, moral standing, and how they live their life. It is impossible for me to view a political stand without involving my own moral belief system. My belief in God leads me to believe that abortion is murder of an innocent child. I do not care if the mother was raped ( even tho a very small percentage of rapes lead to pregnancy, and the baby can still be given up for adoption, which will make it no less traumatic then the rape itself.) or in grave circumstance where the mother may not survive the birth.( I can guarantee that the baby will not survive the abortion). It is wrong. There is no argument for it.
Christian values are found in the ten commandments, which even though you are not a Christian you still abide by because you are a decent human being. For many a life without religion is a life without moral consequence until they are caught by law enforcement. When taking applicants to work for me I stick a $20 bill in between some of the papers they are to fill out. I never mention that it is there. Sometimes it is returned to me right off the bat, other times it is never mentioned and they leave never to be seen again. I do this to test there morals. In their mind I have no idea that it is there and they think they can steal it without consequence because no one is looking. In the government I would like in office, I want them to know that someone is always watching and everyone will have to answer for their actions in the end. In my opinion the separation of church and state is impossible because we all make our votes based on what we feel is morally correct.
Don't assume that your values are based on Christianity. I know more people with solid moral values who are NOT christian than those who are.

As an example, most of the Pro-Life Christians are also pro Death Penalty, an oxymoron of epic proportion. Also many Christians are against gay rights and gender equality, quoting obscure scriptures out of context.

I know of some extremely great Christians, the kind of folks you absolutely want on your side when things are in a bind. I also know they are usually out of the mainstream of their faith.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #78 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
He thinks my name is Jody..............
Maybe he wants to give you a good licking.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #79 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:41 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Maybe he wants to give you a good licking.

It does seem to be the Christian way with some..................
post #80 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
The only thing that I bash that is connected to Christianity is intolerance. So, with that I obviously question your ability to carry on a debate on the merits of religious doctrine without moving to childish name calling and pettiness. That kind of intolerance is what gives Christians such a bad reputation.
what he said.

the original post of the thread (top ten list) is a concise bulleted list of such intolerance.

what is it with all this proselytizing crap anyways?
why do Chistians, in particular, feel the need to bash in the heads of those who are not, either by circumstance or by choice?

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in