TOP TEN WAYS TO TELL IF YOU'RE A TYPICAL CHRISTIAN - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 AM
concretist
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Jakarta:
I'm guessing that most people who are mad assume others are the same -- I believe it's called projection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:43 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
joelschneider's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 1999 E320 4 matic wagon
Location: Sussex Wi
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz rider View Post
LOL @ the inmates who do this once they realize they are doomed to prison.



helping the the Devil tempt mankind. you wrong for that. but who am I to judge you right?
BR. I have a feeling you are a single, mid twenties, white male. And that explains your quick to pull the trigger on the first thing that pops into you head. I used to be like you. Defend all borders at all times. Your knee jerk posts often lead you into trouble, I can recall a detailing thread a while back that got you into a little hot water. In the end you used a old standby of Bill Clinton's in defining what exactly constitutes a complete detail or full detail or just washing my car. Your attacks do little to persuade, and a lot to annoy.
Your understanding of the English language and how to interact in a civilized manner leads me to pray for you that at some point in your life you mature enough that you may participate in a debate without resorting to child like behavior. I have a 7 year old that is thought full and aware of what comes out of her mouth when she is addressing someone. I wish you could learn the same. Instead of preaching to those around you open the bible you appear to be so found of and follow the advice inside. Using it to defend your actions because God knows you are a good person even though you certainly do not show it to the rest of the world is getting old.

"Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life."
joelschneider is offline  
post #53 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:45 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretist View Post
Jakarta:
I'm guessing that most people who are mad assume others are the same -- I believe it's called projection.

Amen Brother..................
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #54 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:57 AM
~BANNED~
 
benz rider's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
The link between western religion and morality is entirely subjective and extremely tenuous. Further, "christian values" are not reflected by the 10 commandments. The 10 commandments is less a moral guideline than a Cliff Notes version of How To Be Jewish. Your sense of right and wrong and how to treat others come from within. These are things that experience has taught you are necessary in order to achieve a harmonious existence of social conformity. Your attempt to coalesce these values into your religious beliefs is ultimately an exercise in futility, though it is not without some merit.

How did you learn this? parents, society, biblical history? please tell me.
benz rider is offline  
post #55 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
joelschneider's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 1999 E320 4 matic wagon
Location: Sussex Wi
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
The link between western religion and morality is entirely subjective and extremely tenuous. Further, "christian values" are not reflected by the 10 commandments. The 10 commandments is less a moral guideline than a Cliff Notes version of How To Be Jewish. Your sense of right and wrong and how to treat others come from within. These are things that experience has taught you are necessary in order to achieve a harmonious existence of social conformity. Your attempt to coalesce these values into your religious beliefs is ultimately an exercise in futility, though it is not without some merit.
I believe Jewish is classified as a religion. And you are correct in that they are similar. What I am saying is that society has based what it has determined to be right and wrong, in what is practiced in religious beliefs. and second of all I do not know what coalesce means. Unless it is a derivative of collate.

"Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life."
joelschneider is offline  
post #56 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
~BANNED~
 
benz rider's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
What are you talking about, Dick. I am laughing at this thread and it's contents. I posted the pics in jest to give the athiests other choices, don't try to read something that is not there.............Hallelujah.............Can I get an AaaMeeennnn
...don't forget mocking this thread.

and if an Atheist wants to discuss their religion, start your own thread. I'll gladly stop by and discuss your values with you.
benz rider is offline  
post #57 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
co·a·lesce
–verb (used without object)

1. to grow together or into one body: The two lakes coalesced into one.
2. to unite so as to form one mass, community, etc.: The various groups coalesced into a crowd.
3. to blend or come together: Their ideas coalesced into one theory.
–verb (used with object)
4. to cause to unite in one body or mass.

My point about the 10 commandments is that it speaks more to rules of Judaism than morality. Read the first (and therefore most important) four commandments, they do not address moral issues at all. And those that do were hardly a revelation.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #58 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:08 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz rider View Post
...don't forget mocking this thread.

and if an Atheist wants to discuss their religion, start your own thread. I'll gladly stop by and discuss your values with you.


We live in the Kelurahan Duren Tiga district and the Kemang Timur V section of Jakarta Selatan (South) send me a PM when you are close and I'll fire up the BBQ. I await my salvation............
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #59 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:08 AM
~BANNED~
 
benz rider's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelschneider View Post
BR. I have a feeling you are a single, mid twenties, white male. And that explains your quick to pull the trigger on the first thing that pops into you head. I used to be like you. Defend all borders at all times. Your knee jerk posts often lead you into trouble, I can recall a detailing thread a while back that got you into a little hot water. In the end you used a old standby of Bill Clinton's in defining what exactly constitutes a complete detail or full detail or just washing my car. Your attacks do little to persuade, and a lot to annoy.
Your understanding of the English language and how to interact in a civilized manner leads me to pray for you that at some point in your life you mature enough that you may participate in a debate without resorting to child like behavior. I have a 7 year old that is thought full and aware of what comes out of her mouth when she is addressing someone. I wish you could learn the same. Instead of preaching to those around you open the bible you appear to be so found of and follow the advice inside. Using it to defend your actions because God knows you are a good person even though you certainly do not show it to the rest of the world is getting old.
Actually you're wrong in many ways here. of which I have little interest to defend because it has no merit.

and on the detailing, It was the first forum I entered. I spoke of a step to get the car clean and got attacked because I didn't spell it out. my bad for thinking the consensus was adults. I then realized that I had to use flash cards and pictures to prove my points, which also got old. nowadays, I just leave that forum to the know-it-alls and don't put myself in a position of ridicule.

and yes,I'll say it again... you were wrong for that. ...Christian. but again, who am I to judge another. I'll just pray for YOU as you will for me.

Last edited by benz rider; 08-19-2008 at 11:11 AM.
benz rider is offline  
post #60 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
joelschneider's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 1999 E320 4 matic wagon
Location: Sussex Wi
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
co·a·lesce
–verb (used without object)

1. to grow together or into one body: The two lakes coalesced into one.
2. to unite so as to form one mass, community, etc.: The various groups coalesced into a crowd.
3. to blend or come together: Their ideas coalesced into one theory.
–verb (used with object)
4. to cause to unite in one body or mass.

My point about the 10 commandments is that is speaks more to rules of Judaism than morality. Read the first (and therefore most important) four commandments, they do not address moral issues at all. And those that do were hardly a revelation.
I understand your point, and can almost agree with you. But what would be the fun in that? Thanks for the definition. I will try to use it today in a sentence.

"Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life."
joelschneider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Top ways to get help on Benzworld... Check Codes General Mercedes-Benz 50 03-13-2015 08:44 PM
    Top ten signs you're getting lucky with her yoseyman Off-Topic 10 07-30-2008 06:42 PM
    Top ten (twenty?) best breasts gerkebi Off-Topic 39 07-07-2008 08:43 AM
    O.T top ten songs papa R170 SLK-Class 11 02-12-2008 04:03 PM
    Another Top Ten List Michael Pillay W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 33 06-06-2005 01:32 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome