TOP TEN WAYS TO TELL IF YOU'RE A TYPICAL CHRISTIAN - Page 14 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:17 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
viper655rt10's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, Ca
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelschneider View Post
In conclusion.
1. I have no interest in your life and really do not care if you believe in God or not.
2. I am aware that the things I choose to believe in can not in any way shape or form be shown as factual and in your opinion seem to be ridiculous.
3. I am also aware that you feel the need to attack what you do not understand or agree with. I could also care less about that as well.
4. Christians, as a whole, are better then you, we are extremely intolerant, and do not give a rats ass if you like us or not. We have the best of both worlds, If we are wrong and there is no God, nothing happens, oh well. But if we are right! I will let you think about that.
5. All other religions are wrong. Period. Don't like it. See rule #4
6. Most of you have a small penis.

-#6 and I'll go with that.
viper655rt10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #132 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:21 PM
worst mod in BW history
 
ThrillKill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I was cool with Christians until they seeped into government. As I stated before, the vast majority are derelicts that found redemption for their guilt and misdeeds. They have no place in deciding America's future in the political realm.

ThrillKill is offline  
post #133 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:28 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
viper655rt10's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, Ca
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
I was cool with Christians until they seeped into government. As I stated before, the vast majority are derelicts that found redemption for their guilt and misdeeds. They have no place in deciding America's future in the political realm.
Check Nastia vs. Shawn post. I got you covered.
viper655rt10 is offline  
post #134 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelschneider View Post
In conclusion.
1. I have no interest in your life and really do not care if you believe in God or not.
2. I am aware that the things I choose to believe in can not in any way shape or form be shown as factual and in your opinion seem to be ridiculous.
3. I am also aware that you feel the need to attack what you do not understand or agree with. I could also care less about that as well.
4. Christians, as a whole, are better then you, we are extremely intolerant, and do not give a rats ass if you like us or not. We have the best of both worlds, If we are wrong and there is no God, nothing happens, oh well. But if we are right! I will let you think about that.
5. All other religions are wrong. Period. Don't like it. See rule #4
6. Most of you have a small penis.
I think you summed up many Christians pretty well. It is why many of us fled for a different spiritual experience.

I am concerned that you seemed to have done a penis census, however.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #135 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:19 PM
worst mod in BW history
 
ThrillKill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper655rt10 View Post
Check Nastia vs. Shawn post. I got you covered.
Werd.

ThrillKill is offline  
post #136 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:23 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
joelschneider's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 1999 E320 4 matic wagon
Location: Sussex Wi
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I think you summed up many Christians pretty well. It is why many of us fled for a different spiritual experience.

I am concerned that you seemed to have done a penis census, however.
LOL. I thought you would find that amusing. I don't think either side is going to cave in anytime soon so I figured I would end the way we started. Slinging mud. The penis thing was just a shot in the dark but if your going to out yourself that is your business. God has blessed me.

"Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life."
joelschneider is offline  
post #137 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelschneider View Post
LOL. I thought you would find that amusing. I don't think either side is going to cave in anytime soon so I figured I would end the way we started. Slinging mud. The penis thing was just a shot in the dark but if your going to out yourself that is your business. God has blessed me.
Interesting part of my evening, after our afternoon chats, I called my friend who is one of the just retired profs from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and had dinner with him. I took a laptop and we discussed the thread as part of dinner. He knows both my history and my beliefs [he sometimes goes to the Trappist Monastery at the Abbey of Gethsemani when I go there twice a year]. We talked about the divisiveness of current Christian thought as it relates to much of the rest of the spiritual world.

We came to the conclusion, after a couple of hours that the inflexibility that I have is not with religion, as I have no issues with many religions and not even with some Christian faiths but is with the evangelical and fundamental movements of the Christian faiths in America. They differ so much from the main body of religious thought in the world that they are anathema to my perception of conventional spiritual thought.

So understand that I don't find religious beliefs ridiculous. I find blind faith that fears questioning ridiculous. I don't tend to attack religions, I tend to push folks who push their doctrine, without basis on others. In other words, you can believe anyway you wish, it is YOUR business. It is when you [the collective, not you personally] push your beliefs on the public at large or declare that WE MUST follow Christian teachings that you get the push back. That push back has been more in the past 20 years as the Evangelical movement has pushed a Conservative Social agenda into the political realm. THAT crosses the line from "your beliefs" to "foisting your beliefs on others". And that is where the conflict really started. Prior to that neither side really cared what the other did or thought about.

And don't worry I didn't out myself, I don't recall being involved in any census. I would have remembered.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #138 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:13 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
joelschneider's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 1999 E320 4 matic wagon
Location: Sussex Wi
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think with all the activity and different people jumping in with their useless uniformed opinions, things went pretty well over all. Hell even BR had a semi intelligent post, It brought a tear to my eye. I think both sides were a little more enraged about the other due to the challenge at hand for proving the other wrong. I argued for things I have never even thought about before, but that is a debate. Most of it I could care less, it is just nice to have something other then the same old political cut and paste threads to get the blood flowing. I had a good time and I don't think anyones feelings were hurt too bad. I've got to go to work again in four hours so time for me to hit the sack. Have a nice day, and remember God loves you. ( couldn't resist.)

"Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life."
joelschneider is offline  
post #139 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelschneider View Post
I think with all the activity and different people jumping in with their useless uniformed opinions, things went pretty well over all. Hell even BR had a semi intelligent post, It brought a tear to my eye. I think both sides were a little more enraged about the other due to the challenge at hand for proving the other wrong. I argued for things I have never even thought about before, but that is a debate. Most of it I could care less, it is just nice to have something other then the same old political cut and paste threads to get the blood flowing. I had a good time and I don't think anyones feelings were hurt too bad. I've got to go to work again in four hours so time for me to hit the sack. Have a nice day, and remember God loves you. ( couldn't resist.)
"I argued for things I have never even thought about before,"

THIS is why I like it here.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #140 of 165 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 03:30 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
er,

Quote:
everything that is/will happen will happen for a reason. all the famine, rape, murder, wars and rumors of wars...all there in the Bible.
Oh shit.
velocemente is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Top ways to get help on Benzworld... Check Codes General Mercedes-Benz 50 03-13-2015 08:44 PM
    Top ten signs you're getting lucky with her yoseyman Off-Topic 10 07-30-2008 06:42 PM
    Top ten (twenty?) best breasts gerkebi Off-Topic 39 07-07-2008 08:43 AM
    O.T top ten songs papa R170 SLK-Class 11 02-12-2008 04:03 PM
    Another Top Ten List Michael Pillay W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 33 06-06-2005 01:32 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome