More Evidence McCain is Unable to Keep His Shit Straight - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
I disagree with him, I don't think the United States sucks!
Good, that is not what he said. But to paraphrase it in such a purposefully exaggerated and thus dishonest way seems to just make some people light on their feet, and generally happier. Fucking over Obama the uppity black dude running for President just makes some people forget how fucked up they are. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Why to you, is it always about the color of his skin?

For me it's not a white, black issue! It's his continuous slamming of America that is the issue with me.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,517
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1278 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
(yawn...)
Need your Z's?

Alright then. I guess I'll give you what you've led you to expect.

YouTube - Pants on Fire

Have it your way.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is online now  
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Why to you, is it always about the color of his skin?

For me it's not a white, black issue! It's his continuous slamming of America that is the issue with me.
Some people have some mighty sensitive skin there. They better stay out of the sun and get some lotion to soothe those effects of being "slammed."

As I see it that was far from "slamming" America. It is only "slamming" if one is looking for something to overreact to, because, say, like the man is Black and hell, there is no better sign of his uppitness than "continuously slamming America."

Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Tancredo did have his one moment in the sun. During one of the debates, he was asked if he could envision a role for president Bush in his administration. He responded by saying (something to the effect) that he would inform Mr. Bush that he was no longer welcome to darken the door to the White House.

My respect for the man increased immediately and exponentially.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
If it comes out the South end of North bound bull, what do you think it is?

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Some people have some mighty sensitive skin there. They better stay out of the sun and get some lotion to soothe those effects of being "slammed."

As I see it that was far from "slamming" America. It is only "slamming" if one is looking for something to overreact to, because, say, like the man is Black and hell, there is no better sign of his uppitness than "continuously slamming America."

Jim
You and BO have a theme! You go ahead and run with it.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Did you really read what Obama said? (America is no longer what it could be) No link necessary. That's a current week quote from one of his speeches; it's been all over the media.
Still not wanting to give up the link to the odd translation?

As for "America is no longer what it could be". That is just about as true a statement as possible. There is so much potential in this country and we have let much of it squander.

Just yesterday it was announced that China would overtake the US in Manufacturing. We are already offshoring both blue and white collar jobs at record rates, the dollar is at record lows [though up a bit this past couple weeks].

We are still a very good country but we are no longer where we were or where we could be.

Exactly what problem do you have with the sentence?

I am much more concerned that McCain can't keep simple facts about foreign policy straight. That has actual significance.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Or some see it as constantly putting down the country that has let him have so much in life.
Pointing out weaknesses in a system is not "putting down". No one is going to make this country better if all we hear is "America is great" or "We're Number 1".

If we don't take a hard look at all the issues that are problematic and address them IN PUBLIC, everyone just wanders around in a delusion that all is well. It is not. That is not "putting down". That is reality.

So it boils down to whether you want to hear the bad parts and help solve them or just keep your head in the sand.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
I disagree with him, I don't think the United States sucks!
Why the black and white?

Obama never said that the US sucks. He said "America is no longer what it could be". That is a far cry from sucks.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Who gives a shit about the political shit? the clk man Off-Topic 7 05-24-2008 10:01 PM
    Wanted: Evidence - Walk This Way mcbear Off-Topic 9 08-13-2007 08:13 PM
    More evidence of Global Warming.......... Bruce R. Off-Topic 18 07-15-2007 09:15 AM
    Chalk Up Evidence for Another Bush Lie JimSmith Off-Topic 28 12-27-2005 12:08 PM
    Evidence of the 55's minimal tires slk55er R171 SLK-Class 14 05-10-2005 06:27 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome