More Evidence McCain is Unable to Keep His Shit Straight - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
^ That's your side.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
"America is, is no longer, uh, what it could be, what it, it once was," Obama said haltingly. "And I say to myself, I don't want that future for my children.

So what's the fuss about McCain?
The fuss is that McCain is, much like Bushie incapable of keeping facts in his head. He thinks Czechoslovakia still exists as a country, he thinks Iran is training Al Qaeda, he make factual errors in many of his foreign policy comments. We really need a president who doesn't have to go to notes or advisers when the chips are really down and KNOWLEDGE is required for a decision. We see how well that worked with Iraq. Remember, Bushie didn't have a clue in his pretty little brain that those Shiite and Sunnis might not like each other and might have issues.

That would be the fuss.

As for what Obama said. Sounds correct. The literal translation of a verbal comment with the "uh" and pauses is a bit strange to read but I would bet most of us would find our voice cadence odd when printed literally. However, the CONTEXT is sound.

Any reference or citing for that quote by the way? Wouldn't be from someone trying to make Obama look bad would it?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good one, GS! It's the silly season--and will be until the election is complete. Get over it, Shane.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
The fuss is that McCain is, much like Bushie incapable of keeping facts in his head. He thinks Czechoslovakia still exists as a country, he thinks Iran is training Al Qaeda, he make factual errors in many of his foreign policy comments.

That would be the fuss.

As for what Obama said. Sounds correct. The literal translation of a verbal comment with the "uh" and pauses is a bit strange to read but I would bet most of us would find our voice cadence odd when printed literally. However, the CONTEXT is sound.

Any reference or citing for that quote by the way? Wouldn't be from someone trying to make Obama look bad would it?

Did you really read what Obama said? (America is no longer what it could be) No link necessary. That's a current week quote from one of his speeches; it's been all over the media.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,506
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Look down. I'm pretty sure your pants are on fire.
Is it possible that you're wrong more often than I was previously aware?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...ml#post2690661



Posts two through eight, please.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...ml#post2740873

I can't find the thread where I first promised Qubes that I'd vote for Paul in the primary but perhaps he'll vouch for the agreement.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is offline  
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,506
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
^^^
Not so much 5, 6 and 7 though. And no, I did not vote for Tancredo...that was just needling for Qubes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is offline  
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
"Harumph, harumph!"
Qubes is offline  
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:58 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
^ That's your side.

Nice pull. Bite I guess I will for the sake of the once bitten. My gist I think you missed badly enough to piss. Lingo can cause unwarranted grief, misconstrue a unstable canoe, taking a side not cared is one for the eternally marred.

Last edited by Shane; 08-10-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Shane is offline  
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Location: Lancaster, Kentucky
Posts: 8,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
"Harumph, harumph!"
Hey man, Only Straight men can keep their shit straight. Just ask Shane.
the clk man is offline  
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Did you really read what Obama said? (America is no longer what it could be) No link necessary. That's a current week quote from one of his speeches; it's been all over the media.
So, you take offense at the statement? Why? Do you think "calling a spade a spade" is somehow unpatriotic? The fact of the matter is we are much closer to the other industrialized and developing nations in terms of our economy and our records on human rights, while in the post WWII era we were head and shoulders above the rest of the world. Today we are generally held in disdain by the rest of the world. That was also not the case for more than half the previous century. The issue is not so much that we have back tracked, and we have as we can't even maintain our infrastructure while we were fully able to build it the first time, we sent Americans to the moon in ten years and that task is so far out of reach today it is actually bizarre; no, the real issue we have slowed so much the rest of world is crawling right up our asses and trying to reappear out our mouths. And there is a whole contingent of Americans who think that is fine as long as they make a bigger bonus next quarter.

Obama is telling us the truth. You don't like it so you try to hold it up to your pseudo patriotism assessing yardstick that is all stretched out of proportion from misuse for the last decade and make Obama look like he is being critical of America and that, by your definition, is wrong. Well, as I see it the first step to correcting a problem is to acknowledge it and study it for a while to figure out how to fix it. Saying it isn't there hasn't worked so good.

Jim
JimSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Who gives a shit about the political shit? the clk man Off-Topic 7 05-24-2008 10:01 PM
    Wanted: Evidence - Walk This Way mcbear Off-Topic 9 08-13-2007 08:13 PM
    More evidence of Global Warming.......... Bruce R. Off-Topic 18 07-15-2007 09:15 AM
    Chalk Up Evidence for Another Bush Lie JimSmith Off-Topic 28 12-27-2005 12:08 PM
    Evidence of the 55's minimal tires slk55er R171 SLK-Class 14 05-10-2005 06:27 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome