Report: U.S., Iraq near deal to bring troops home w/in 2 years - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,455
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Saddam was the 20th hijacker.
Rightly so, that's why the Iraqi people must suffer and we must reclaim our oil We're just too chicken to tell the Saudis that same fable
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 04:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
So you're saying that Osama was taking orders from the House of Saud? Please tells us more about your sources, facts please, facts
Further proof of your limitation was unnecessary but most unfortunately, not unexpected.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #53 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 04:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Saddam was the 20th hijacker.
Non sequitur.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #54 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 45,219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
See post #29.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #55 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 04:39 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,455
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Further proof of your limitation was unnecessary but most unfortunately, not unexpected.
Ah yes oh learned one please forgive my audacity, I was hoping to nudge you but your highness is on to me Ah the audacity, the hell with hope
DP is offline  
post #56 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
See post #29.
Nice try. No connection. Maybe it was on another thread from a month ago?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Botnst is offline  
post #57 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
God bear! You are so damn predictable--and disappointing! I swear to God, YOU ARE Osama bin Laden!!
Logic, facts and history really annoy you sometimes, don't they.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #58 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Let's not forget: When we were attacked by Japan, we knew exactly who attacked us and where they lived. How does that compare w/ being attacked by a bunch of Islamic terrorists from all over the world? You're living in a world that no longer exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Let's not forget that we knew that the TALABAN was working out of Afghanistan and that the hijackers were, for the most part Saudi.

So the comparison works flawlessly because the intent is to show the lack of logic associated with attacking a third country that had nothing to do with our 9/11 attack or Al Qaeda when we Shock and Awed them.

You are right, that world no longer exists. We had a President that had a brain in 1941 and knew which fight to fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Was Yamamoto acting under orders from his government?

Was Al Qaeda acting under orders from KSA?

Tell us how swimmingly Bin Laden and the House of Saud have gotten along.

B
Do we need to leave breadcrumbs?

The point of the posting exchange was that WE attacked IRAQ without a reason since AQ was not in Iraq at the time, the hijackers were not from Iraq and it was known that AQ worked out of Afghanistan among other favoring countries. That was in opposition to the Japanese attack on PH.

So the AQ/KSA question is without connection to the discussion [though the answer is no]. As for Bin Laden, we really don't know how swimmingly he and the House of Saud get along. They certainly get along well with many of his direct family. Do you believe you have a firm answer to that question? If so, share as no one else in the world really has a bead on it.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #59 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Logic, facts and history really annoy you sometimes, don't they.
No. Parsing, evasion and misdirection really annoy me, all the time!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #60 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Do we need to leave breadcrumbs?

The point of the posting exchange was that WE attacked IRAQ without a reason since AQ was not in Iraq at the time, the hijackers were not from Iraq and it was known that AQ worked out of Afghanistan among other favoring countries. That was in opposition to the Japanese attack on PH.

So the AQ/KSA question is without connection to the discussion [though the answer is no]. As for Bin Laden, we really don't know how swimmingly he and the House of Saud get along. They certainly get along well with many of his direct family. Do you believe you have a firm answer to that question? If so, share as no one else in the world really has a bead on it.
Whatever you say Osama...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
The New OBAMA- NO MORE 'BRING THE TROOPS HOME' pcunningham42 Off-Topic 33 07-24-2008 05:02 PM
Pull the troops out of Iraq and nuke the place into submission Shane Off-Topic 13 07-05-2007 05:46 AM
Turkish Officials: Troops Enter Iraq Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 9 06-06-2007 12:49 PM
The troops are saying: It's time to come home FeelTheLove Off-Topic 0 02-05-2007 04:36 AM
Mexican Troops Enter U.S. to Bring Aid Alfa Off-Topic 22 09-14-2005 12:57 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome