Report: U.S., Iraq near deal to bring troops home w/in 2 years - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
No doubt about it, we sure as hell aren't the same country we were in the 40's.
We've turned into a bunch of spineless fucking cunts that are afraid of their own
cowardly shadow.

We have a, what is my country doing for me attitude, just look the fuck around, it's mighty simple to see! Fat & lazy, give me my pie birth righteous bullshit.

For fuck sakes we have some of our elected officials calling our service members terrorists and murders.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
We've turned into a bunch of spineless fucking cunts that are afraid of their own
cowardly shadow.

We have a, what is my country doing for me attitude, just look the fuck around, it's mighty simple to see! Fat & lazy, give me my pie birth righteous bullshit.

For fuck sakes we have some of our elected officials calling our service members terrorists and murders.
Don't mistake the Kookbergers for "everybody else." They are actually few and far between, they just make a lot of noise and are supported by the drive-by media. You're falling into their trap of thinking "they speak for us." It's a loser's game they are playing--and losing!

Don't believe everything you think
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
cowardly shadow.

Let's not forget. In the '40s, when we were attacked by Japan, we didn't respond by invading Argentina.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
We attack Germany instead!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Let's not forget. In the '40s, when we were attacked by Japan, we didn't respond by invading Argentina.
Let's not forget: When we were attacked by Japan, we knew exactly who attacked us and where they lived. How does that compare w/ being attacked by a bunch of Islamic terrorists from all over the world? You're living in a world that no longer exists.

post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:29 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Let's not forget: When we were attacked by Japan, we knew exactly who attacked us and where they lived. How does that compare w/ being attacked by a bunch of Islamic terrorists from all over the world? You're living in a world that no longer exists.
most of them were Saudis, why didn't we invade Saudi Arabia? Not one was Iraqi but I guess they are all the same eh jay?
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
most of them were Saudis, why didn't we invade Saudi Arabia? Not one was Iraqi but I guess they are all the same eh jay?
As you posers know, the Saudis' are our friends! About the only friends we have in the ME.

post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
As you posers know, the Saudis' are our friends! About the only friends we have in the ME.
Oh, what about Israel? We pay them to be our friends, what's up with that? How about Kuwait? We liberated it but to this day I don't see Kuwaitis stepping up to the plate and help us with Iraq. What about UAE? Aren't they our friend since they own much of Citi and other banks? What about Egypt that we bribe to keep its people oppressed?
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
You're missing the point. If we are attacked by our friends, we should pretend that we weren't, and strike back at whatever country provides the greatest opportunity to enrich the administration's friends and contributors.

Get with the program!

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Iraq demands 'clear timeline' for US withdrawal

BAGHDAD (AP) - Iraq's foreign minister insisted Sunday that any security deal with the United States must contain a "very clear timeline" for the departure of U.S. troops. A suicide bomber struck north of Baghdad, killing at least five people including an American soldier.

Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told reporters that American and Iraqi negotiators were "very close" to reaching a long-term security agreement that will set the rules for U.S. troops in Iraq after the U.N. mandate expires at the end of the year.

Zebari said the Iraqis were insisting that the agreement include a "very clear timeline" for the withdrawal of U.S.-led forces, but he refused to talk about specific dates.

"We have said that this is a condition-driven process," he added, suggesting that the departure schedule could be modified if the security situation changed.

But Zebari made clear that the Iraqis would not accept a deal that lacks a timeline for the end of the U.S. military presence.

"No, no definitely there has to be a very clear timeline," Zebari replied when asked if the Iraqis would accept an agreement that did not mention dates.

Differences over a withdrawal timetable has become one of the most contentious issues remaining in the talks, which began early this year. U.S. and Iraqi negotiators missed a July 31 target date for completing the deal, which must be approved by Iraq's parliament.

President Bush has steadfastly refused to accept any timetable for bringing U.S. troops home. Last month, however, Bush and Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki agreed to set a "general time horizon" for a U.S. departure...

Iraq demands 'clear timeline' for US withdrawal

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in