LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SPEAKER OF THE FLOP: PELOSI SELLS 2,737 COPIES OF BOOK...

She shuts down the entire Congress of the United States to prevent a vote on solving the energy crisis so that she can go on a book-signing tour and no one wants the damn thing. That's my definition of a real loser!
---------------
SPEAKER OF THE FLOP: PELOSI SELLS 2,737 COPIES OF BOOK

Thu Aug 07 2008 08:11:48 ET

The most powerful woman in the history of American politics is suffering a humiliating defeat at the nation's bookstores, sales figures show.

In her first week at market, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi sold just 2,737 copies of her book KNOW YOUR POWER, according to NIELSEN BOOKSCAN.

The DOUBLEDAY release was launched with a full media push, featuring high profile interviews on TODAYTHEVIEWTHISWEEK.

"I wrote the book in response to people asking me what it was like to go from housewife to House Speaker and for advice as to how young people, especially women, could balance family and career," Pelosi told the WASHINGTON POST.

Pelosi's sales debacle [#41 on the Non-Fiction Chart] is dramatically overshadowed by the first high profile anti-Obama book, OBAMA NATION, which debuts at #1 on both the BOOKSCAN and the NEW YORK TIMES Bestseller List, with 21,466 copies moved, industry insiders tell DRUDGE.

"The speaker was pre-occupied with house business last week," a source close to Pelosi explained Thursday morning. "She has now turned her focus to promoting this extraordinary book... doing local signings and speeches. I think we'll see an uptick."

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashnpb.htm

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Maybe if Rush Limbaugh were to 'endorse' it on his live radio show, he could help spare her the humiliation of failure. You know she's America's most 'hated' female figure, with Ann Coulter running a distant second.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 12:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Perhaps you can cite some poll showing Pelosi as "the most hated woman in America"? I am asking, because I think you are full of shit. A few minutes of googling the subject return Ann Coulter and Paris Hilton, with no mention anywhere of Pelosi. I know women scare you, but lying about them is just so over the top....

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Perhaps you can cite some poll showing Pelosi as "the most hated woman in America"? I am asking, because I think you are full of shit. A few minutes of googling the subject return Ann Coulter and Paris Hilton, with no mention anywhere of Pelosi. I know women scare you, but lying about them is just so over the top....
Have you asked lately? A measely ass 2700 copies should be enough of a message. Especially since your whore in chief decided to play dictator and run off for summer vacation, leaving the American people in a sling for fuel prices. All you have to do is say 'drill' and the prices will go down. But, you don't get it and I don't expect you to because you are a liberal hack that despises anything with an 'R' by the name while singing the praises of cock wipes like Pelosi. Rustle up a few of your communist party denizens and I bet you could get a couple dozen more copies sold.

post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Have you asked lately? A measely ass 2700 copies should be enough of a message. Especially since your whore in chief decided to play dictator and run off for summer vacation, leaving the American people in a sling for fuel prices. All you have to do is say 'drill' and the prices will go down. But, you don't get it and I don't expect you to because you are a liberal hack that despises anything with an 'R' by the name while singing the praises of cock wipes like Pelosi. Rustle up a few of your communist party denizens and I bet you could get a couple dozen more copies sold.
Not that I care for Pelosi, but you're the one complaining that her move prevented the government from interfering with the price of fuel in a free market and FTL is the communist?
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
Not that I care for Pelosi, but you're the one complaining that her move prevented the government from interfering with the price of fuel in a free market and FTL is the communist?
Okay bud. Let me explain something to you. The GOVERNMENT done an unconstitutional thing by RESTRICTING that free enterprise to begin with by prohibiting off shore drilling. Now, you explain to me, why supporting the notion of LIFTING that ban is communist in action, but, the initial action, in itself, you're okay with?

post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Please point out the "right" in the US Constitution you are referring to, I've never heard of such a right.

Governments of all types restrict land use. Private enterprise doesn't have a "right" to these resources, off-shore Continental Shelf is land owned by the People of the United States, and they get to decide how to use it by voting for Congressional reps who decide the issue. You lost, fucker, and your fucking oil companies don't have a "right" to OUR land.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 08-07-2008 at 01:39 PM.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Please point out the "right" in the US Constitution you are referring to, I've never heard of such a right.

Governments of all types restrict land use. Private enterprise doesn't have a "right" to these resources, off-shore Continental Shelf is land owned by the People of the United States, and they get to decide how to use it by voting for Congressional reps who decide the issue. You lost, fucker, and your fucking oil companies don't have a "right" to OUR land.
The government was never given the right in the constitution to restrict free market, dip shit. Until you can successfully argue that the ban was constitutional to begin with, then you nor anyone else have no leg to stand on. You are correct that the land is 'owned' by the people but tell me where the people are having their say so, when 78% say open 'our land' up for drilling and your 'lost' leaders choose, instead, to take a break. These same people are telling their elected representatives what to do but, since most of them think they know better than we, they choose not to address the issue. It is environmental whack jobs, like yourself, that helped to initiate the ban to begin with and now that your shipmates are jumping overboard, that leaves few of you dillweeds around to stop it. So, you must depend on your radical leaders to 'save the day' when they are, in reality, jeopardizing the White House for your party in 2008. Keep up the work!

post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Boys, boys boys......

You're giving Jayhawk a hard-on...stop it now....that's just nasty.
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 08:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
The government was never given the right in the constitution to restrict free market, dip shit. Until you can successfully argue that the ban was constitutional to begin with, then you nor anyone else have no leg to stand on. You are correct that the land is 'owned' by the people but tell me where the people are having their say so, when 78% say open 'our land' up for drilling and your 'lost' leaders choose, instead, to take a break. These same people are telling their elected representatives what to do but, since most of them think they know better than we, they choose not to address the issue. It is environmental whack jobs, like yourself, that helped to initiate the ban to begin with and now that your shipmates are jumping overboard, that leaves few of you dillweeds around to stop it. So, you must depend on your radical leaders to 'save the day' when they are, in reality, jeopardizing the White House for your party in 2008. Keep up the work!
Listen, you idiot, the US Constitution doesn't even have the words "free market" in it, and does not specify any specific economic system for the US. It does however, give the government rights of eminent domain, and specifies what the people of this country do and do not own, one of which is specific to waterways. Why don't you actually read the fucking thing? Also, if you want to work your idiot "78%" thing (I wonder if those "78%ers" live on the coasts, BTW) , maybe you need to become a Democrat and advocate direct democracy, because the US Constitution also specifies we are a representative democracy, and the War in Iraq has done a great job of showing how the majority of people feel doesn't mean squat until election day, and hey, now it's your fucking turn, bitch. And as far as "environmental wack jobs" go, why don't you move to fucking China and see what it is like to live in a place where unbridled development overrules environmentalism, the filthy fucking world you would love to live in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in