Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Tulsa, We Have A Problem

Not really a problem, but certainly an oddity.

It's as if all our weatherpeople are gay.

Check it.

George Waldenberger - KJRH.com

GEORGE WALDENBERGER
waldenberger@kjrh.com

I'm going to go ahead and say this right away, I like snow. The main reason I came to Tulsa, though, wasn't to forecast snow. I came here to forecast thunderstorms, heat waves, cold snaps and a little snow on the side. In other words, four seasons of exciting weather.

I grew up on a Wisconsin dairy farm with 10 brothers and sisters. I always liked math, so engineering seemed like a good career path to take. After a double major in engineering and geology, it was time for my first taste of the real world. I did the grunt work at an engineering firm that designed foundations for skyscrapers in New York City. It sounds interesting, but it wasn't quite what I had in mind for a career.

That's why I left for UCLA, where I ran hurricane and winter storm simulations with computer models. We took the biggest winter storm of the century, and tried to make the blasted thing even bigger! The project even funded my master's degree in atmospheric science. When funding was tight, however, I worked as a Teaching Assistant for Chemistry 20A - Chemical Structure. It was a demanding job teaching classrooms of very bright young scientists at UCLA. On the side I worked as a weather producer at KTLA, as a DJ for UCLA Radio , and I was the king of weekend road trips.

After that, KMEG-TV called from Sioux City, Iowa. I moved there for my first on-air gig as a meteorologist, reporter and part-time weather wizard. When August 2007 rolled around, I jumped in the Blue Beast and drove down to Tulsa. I had an amazing opportunity to forecast Green Country weather with Dan, Julie, and another guy named George. This is a great city and I'm so glad to be here. Now let's bring on the weather.

Feel free to drop me an email...we can talk about the weather, or anything else under the moon.
And they're all named George...

George has worked over 10 years for TV stations in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas including KOKI-TV in Tulsa and a five year stint as the Chief Meteorologist at KTXS-TV in Abilene, Texas.

He's won "Best Weathercast" awards including a First Place Award for "Best Weathercast in Oklahoma" from the Oklahoma SPJ and an Honorable Mention in Texas.

George studied broadcasting and meteorology at Texas A&M University, and he received the AMS "Seal of Approval" just one year after graduation.

Off of the TV camera, George basically lives outdoors spending time playing with his dogs, sports and "appreciating" Oklahoma weather-- George and his wife chase and photograph tornadoes. An experienced storm chaser, George's close-range tornado pictures and video have been shown nationally. You can view his weather picture archive at KJRH-TV Channel 2's Meteorologist George Flickinger's Storm Chasing Pictures and his weather blog.

George grew up in Orange, Texas. A weather-related personal note, Hurricane Rita produced winds over 100mph near Orange during 2005 causing a pine tree to crash through the bedroom of his childhood home.

Today the Flickinger family lives in Broken Arrow along with more dogs than can be legally mentioned. George and his wife help find homes for abused and neglected West Highland White Terriers, often using their home to shelter and rehabiliate the dogs.

George is also a member of the Tulsa Bicycle Club.
Do the freakin' math...

Paul Heggen joined FOX23 as the weekend meteorologist in December 2005. In January 2007 Paul was promoted to Daybreak morning meteorologist (weekdays from 5am- 9am). He grew up in South St. Paul, Minnesota, but since graduating from high school he’s moved all around the country.

Previous to FOX23, Paul has worked for stations in Huntington, WV, Duluth, MN and Beaumont, TX. He has a master’s degree in meteorology from Texas A&M University, and a bachelor’s in geography from the University of Denver. In 2002 Paul was awarded the American Meteorological Society’s seal of approval.

Paul’s master’s degree research at Texas A&M focused on lightning patterns within severe and tornadic thunderstorms, a course of study that helped prepare him for working in tornado alley. So far in his career, he’s covered everything from tropical storms along the Gulf Coast to blizzards in the Upper Midwest.

Paul tries to find the time to indulge in a number of hobbies – he is an avid (if not particularly skilled) golfer, and also enjoys playing softball and practicing yoga. Bicycling takes up a lot of Paul’s free time – he’s always in training to do several long-distance rides in the summer and fall, and he can be seen doing several charity rides around Green Country. When he’s not on his bike, Paul can be found walking or running along Riverparks with his beagle, Baxter.
Do I really need to do the highlights?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:35 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Feb 2004
Vehicle: 82 300D VNT, 80 240D 3.0T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Face it, Tulsa is gay.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No wonder weather is bad.

Wait..I live in San Francisco...
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Fags are immoral and should be annihilated.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Fags are immoral and should be annihilated.
Only if they commit crimes..such as making bad weather...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:52 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
^perfect
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 06:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
They're all waiting for the great storm cock to appear over Oklahoma.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in