Obambi plays the race card... Again and Again and Again - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
I did not make a statement about how felt about Edwards; my comments were analytical.

My point to you is get out of the past. You're sniveling like a jilted teenager.

If you want to discuss radicals, then figure out what all the following folks have in common and vote according to your good judgment.

Rev Jeremiah Wright
William Ayers
Saul Alinsky
Stokely Carmichael
Louis Farrakhan
Nadmi Auchi
Frank Marshall Davis
Raila Odinga
Mayhill Fowler
Huey Newton
Jerry Kellman
Father Pfleger
Another emotional swing and a miss. The treatment of presidential candidates by the media is hardly an issue of the past. You just see the name "Edwards" and react. Your blind partisanship is so extreme, it has apparently rendered you incapable of objectivity. Might be time to step back and reassess.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Then let's go with Ron Paul or Larry Craig or Bob Barr or Pat Robertson. all contemporary Republicans.

Just 32 years ago Republicans would have laughed their Asses off if you had given them a synopsis of George W Bush's presidential record and said he would be the Republican standard bearer in just 24 years.

So, no, it is not the quintessential strawman. As conditions change, the fluidity of politics tells us that ANYONE can be nominated for President. Even a privileged, C-, former alcoholic, cokehead who was never successful in any business and destroyed his own state's treasury.
You argue and re-argue about the silliest things. You know damn-well exactly what a straw man argument is. "My" ticket is always a Republican ticket and none of those will ever show up on a Republican presidential ticket. Unless you can prove to anyone's satisfaction that they probably will, you're wasting everyone's time.

ANYONE cannot be elected President. No felonies, must be natural-born over age 35. What have you been drinking?

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #73 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Then let's go with Ron Paul or Larry Craig or Bob Barr or Pat Robertson. all contemporary Republicans.

Just 32 years ago Republicans would have laughed their Asses off if you had given them a synopsis of George W Bush's presidential record and said he would be the Republican standard bearer in just 24 years.

So, no, it is not the quintessential strawman. As conditions change, the fluidity of politics tells us that ANYONE can be nominated for President. Even a privileged, C-, former alcoholic, cokehead who was never successful in any business and destroyed his own state's treasury.
If only we could transcend space and time in order to leave Barry Goldwater alone in a room with GW Bush for just five minutes...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #74 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
ANYONE cannot be elected President. No felonies, must be natural-born over age 35. What have you been drinking?
As you duck and slide and try to avoid the discussion, THIS is my point.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #75 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
As you duck and slide and try to avoid the discussion, THIS is my point.
You entered a discussion I was having with GermanStar who wanted me to debate 'Party trumps Person" with Charles Manson as the nominee. No way. You have done that before and I can only assume that you are trying to rescue him from his own absurdities. In doing so, you made yourself look kinda absurd as well.

Remember, only you can stop narcissism.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #76 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
You entered a discussion I was having with GermanStar who wanted me to debate 'Party trumps Person" with Charles Manson as the nominee. No way. You have done that before and I can only assume that you are trying to rescue him from his own absurdities. In doing so, you made yourself look kinda absurd as well.

Remember, only you can stop narcissism.
Actually you made the post without reference or quote to a previous GS post, back on post#43. Since the conversation was flowing between at least four people, and you have been known to simply wander in, it was not an interruption of a "discussion".

GS doesn't need rescue, and I don't tend to rescue folks.

But still, NICE DUCK, and on at least three threads in a row. I note you still haven't addressed the POINT of whether or not PARTY always trumps PERSON. Just like you avoid answering why Bushie failed to push an Energy Plan for six years. Or why you still have not come up with an answer to the Reagan and Bush1 tax increases that you said did not exist.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #77 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
What news have you been watching? I have seen it on damned near every channel.
Have you seen any mention on the front page of the major leftwing newspapers, as we did w/ the McCain smear attempt?

Don't believe everything you think
post #78 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
^Don't take this the wrong way but...STFU!
post #79 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1275 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Back atcha...
I like the fact that you're indefatigable.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #80 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Have you seen any mention on the front page of the major leftwing newspapers, as we did w/ the McCain smear attempt?
Do you consider LATimes or NYTimes or Chicago Trib or Merc News to be Leftwing? The story was in of all four but not Page1 since he is not running for anything and it is personal biz. It is how the Larry Craig story SHOULD have been handled. It would have been except for his "Family Values" voting against gay issues which brought up a hypocrisy issue that everyone enjoyed covering.

All of the Cable channels carried it on some level but as expected FAUX took the lead. But then again, they cover car chases and spring break and boob job stories much more thoroughly than most of the rest of the media.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in