Obambi plays the race card... Again and Again and Again - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
What I find mostly disturbing is that Obama appears to be 'hands off' because he's black. The fact he's black doesn't make him unfit for the presidency nor would that keep me from voting for him (I'd vote for Colin Powell in a second!). What keeps me from voting for him is his views.

I don't like McCain, either. I think he's just a suited up liberal with an R by his name. But, I think Obama is a bigger threat to our liberty and livelyhood than McCain is. Furthermore, the 'chances' are that McCain will not survive his first term, let alone be able to run for a second. This will, of course, turn the focus to his running mate.

Each voter has to determine who they think is the lesser of the two dipsticks. We will find out in November who that dipstick is.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
What I find mostly disturbing is that Obama appears to be 'hands off' because he's black. The fact he's black doesn't make him unfit for the presidency nor would that keep me from voting for him (I'd vote for Colin Powell in a second!). What keeps me from voting for him is his views.

I don't like McCain, either. I think he's just a suited up liberal with an R by his name. But, I think Obama is a bigger threat to our liberty and livelyhood than McCain is. Furthermore, the 'chances' are that McCain will not survive his first term, let alone be able to run for a second. This will, of course, turn the focus to his running mate.

Each voter has to determine who they think is the lesser of the two dipsticks. We will find out in November who that dipstick is.
Hate to admit it, but I have to agree w/ you...

Don't believe everything you think
post #43 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you remember that "party trumps person" in our system, your choice becomes clear and your expectations of government are more realistic.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #44 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
^^ "Hands off"!?!?!? Are you on crack? Search for childish (2 year-old stuff like not using the man's proper name, for example) swiftboat attack threads/posts on this forum, you'll find they favor Obama about 500 to 1. Now look beyond this forum. Who is attacking McCain? Obama may be getting all the praise and the attention, but he's also taking all the heat.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #45 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
If you remember that "party trumps person" in our system, your choice becomes clear and your expectations of government are more realistic.
Is Charles Manson a republican? If he won the GOP nomination for president, would you keep riding the same bus?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #46 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
^^ "Hands off"!?!?!? Are you on crack? Search for childish (2 year-old stuff like not using the man's proper name, for example) swiftboat attack threads/posts on the forum, you'll find they favor Obama about 500 to 1. Now look beyond this forum. Who is attacking McCain? Obama may be getting all the praise and the attention, but he's also getting all the heat.
The crack I smoke doesn't get smoked in a pipe.
Google Obama jokes. Terrible lack of info. Google Obama political cartoons and then McCain political cartoons. I already have so I know there are much fewer Obama jokes and cartoons. Don't try to tell me that Obama gets 500 to 1 because I know better than that. Hell, political cartoonists are being told that they have to be careful what part of Obama's physical characteristics they can exaggerate (Yes, his lips and nose are off limits, tho some cartoonists are ignoring that 'warning').

As for your point about who's attacking McCain. I can agree with you, to a point. I think the Clinton War machine is greatly responsible for a lot of the negativity you see about Obama. But, you have to also agree much of the negativity you see, he deserves.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #47 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 01:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
The crack I smoke doesn't get smoked in a pipe.
Google Obama jokes. Terrible lack of info. Google Obama political cartoons and then McCain political cartoons. I already have so I know there are much fewer Obama jokes and cartoons. Don't try to tell me that Obama gets 500 to 1 because I know better than that. Hell, political cartoonists are being told that they have to be careful what part of Obama's physical characteristics they can exaggerate (Yes, his lips and nose are off limits, tho some cartoonists are ignoring that 'warning').

As for your point about who's attacking McCain. I can agree with you, to a point. I think the Clinton War machine is greatly responsible for a lot of the negativity you see about Obama. But, you have to also agree much of the negativity you see, he deserves.
Be real. McCain repeatedly makes factual errors in public speeches covered by the news, and rarely, if ever, gets called out on them. Some are trivial and others are substantial. Alone none of them would be meaningful but the pattern is that of someone who is either showing signs of Altzheimers/old age memory problems, or someone just too tired to bone up on the material to have details at their command. I have yet to see this addressed in the press. McCain routinely gets a free ride, and in the last several months has done little more than comment on Obama's campaign. Hardly a sign of a dynamic leader, and even that is not a headline.

If Obama was attacking McCain in an equally lightly veiled version McCain's "uppity nigger" campaign against Obama dealing with McCain's obvious age related it would be the biggest news on the right wing radio/Faux news TV channels around the country. But Obama is not. He is calling on McCain to make his case for his agenda and instead McCain spends the donations he gets making a case against Obama because he is an uppity nigger. It is apparent to all but those who don't want to see it (Gergen: McCain Using Code Words To Attack Obama As "Uppity").

But hey, we understand there are certain limitations that afflict many Americans. Clarity of vision and lack thereof, as well as inbred racism. Jim
post #48 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Is Charles Manson a republican? If he won the GOP nomination for president, would you keep riding the same bus?
That's a straw man--doesn't work here or with me.

--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #49 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

It is not a straw man, it simply draws attention to the fact that the GOP has been hijacked by radicals, yet here you are riding the same bus. Doesn't matter who is in charge, what the agenda is, or how drastically that agenda has changed, right? Just keep riding that bus, no matter what.

post #50 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
^^ "Hands off"!?!?!? Are you on crack? Search for childish (2 year-old stuff like not using the man's proper name, for example) swiftboat attack threads/posts on this forum, you'll find they favor Obama about 500 to 1. Now look beyond this forum. Who is attacking McCain? Obama may be getting all the praise and the attention, but he's also taking all the heat.
He hasn't taken any heat yet that he can't deflect as "smears" by Axelrod and gang. When he is confronted with the facts that some of his extreme left wing solutions will fail, or have already failed in the past, then his inexperience will become obvious. HRC couldn't make the inexperience label stick that way because her solutions were quite similar to his.

I can't wait for the debate on increasing the capital gains tax.

--Hillary Rodham Clinton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in