Obambi plays the race card... Again and Again and Again - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 196 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 07:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
McCain has given up and is assuming the role of sports announcer instead of being a player. But a senile one, like Harry Caray. He knows Obama is somehow the issue but can't figure out what it is about Obama that is the issue. In his confusion he just strikes out and flails at anything Obama does. Twit. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 196 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 07:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Fair enough. So is the media cherry-picking McCain's Obama comments, or is McCain pandering to the media for attention by focusing on Obama?
Well, there was definitely no cherry-picking on McCain's last ad. It was right on point!

Granted I have not seen or heard all statements made

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #13 of 196 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 07:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
McCain has given up and is assuming the role of sports announcer instead of being a player. But a senile one, like Harry Caray. He knows Obama is somehow the issue but can't figure out what it is about Obama that is the issue. In his confusion he just strikes out and flails at anything Obama does. Twit. Jim
McCain has to choose his words carefully so as not to be labeled a racist.
But it is B.O. who seems to want to make it an issue (race) look at me I'm not white, like what's on our money. He is dangling his race on a stick to see if some one (McCain) strikes at it.

McCain isn't making his name (Obama) or his race or his religion and issue.....B.O. is doing that himself.

reserved.
post #14 of 196 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
McCain has to choose his words carefully so as not to be labeled a racist.
But it is B.O. who seems to want to make it an issue (race) look at me I'm not white, like what's on our money. He is dangling his race on a stick to see if some one (McCain) strikes at it.

McCain isn't making his name (Obama) or his race or his religion and issue.....B.O. is doing that himself.
Let's try another sports analogy for you All American white boys.

Barack Hussein Obama is on the verge of accomplishing the equivalent to the first Black players to enter the game of professional baseball or basketball at the big league level. Whites at first just refused to let them play because they were Black, and then because once they saw how competitive they were there was a genuine concern that the leagues would become what they are today - a significantly higher percentage of the professional athlete population than they make up in the population at large.

Obama is spot on. You and McCain are scared shitless of a Black man running the country and doing a better job of it than white trash that has been in there for the last 7 years. The seat of power is being shared, and you are afraid it will never get back into your hands.

Well, unless you are in the top ).0001% of the population in terms of income, you are, to those in power, a nigger already, regardless of your skin color, education or income level. You never had anything in common with those in power, they just let you think you did. Your chances of being heard, unless you are just going to continue your chants of deluded grandeur, are far better with Obama than they ever were with McCain. Once McCain made it clear he was too stupified to run the country and would be obedient to those who have the power, he became the designated heir to GWB's throne. That it might be lost to a Black man has all of you so freaked out you can't see straight. Get a grip. McCain is clueless and that is how he won the GOP nomination. He was validated and vetted as a suitable hand puppet by GWB's masters. They have had him fitted with an anal glove and all, and can make his mouth move and say shit McCain never would have considered saying in 2000. He is the ticket!

Jim
post #15 of 196 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
I don't care if he can add or subtract.

I don't care if he can conjugate a verb.

All I want to know is if he can pass a football?

"I don't know, Coach. I rekin if ah kin swaller it, ah kin pass it."

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #16 of 196 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 09:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Let's try another sports analogy for you All American white boys.

Barack Hussein Obama is on the verge of accomplishing the equivalent to the first Black players to enter the game of professional baseball or basketball at the big league level. Whites at first just refused to let them play because they were Black, and then because once they saw how competitive they were there was a genuine concern that the leagues would become what they are today - a significantly higher percentage of the professional athlete population than they make up in the population at large.

Obama is spot on. You and McCain are scared shitless of a Black man running the country and doing a better job of it than white trash that has been in there for the last 7 years. The seat of power is being shared, and you are afraid it will never get back into your hands.

Well, unless you are in the top ).0001% of the population in terms of income, you are, to those in power, a nigger already, regardless of your skin color, education or income level. You never had anything in common with those in power, they just let you think you did. Your chances of being heard, unless you are just going to continue your chants of deluded grandeur, are far better with Obama than they ever were with McCain. Once McCain made it clear he was too stupified to run the country and would be obedient to those who have the power, he became the designated heir to GWB's throne. That it might be lost to a Black man has all of you so freaked out you can't see straight. Get a grip. McCain is clueless and that is how he won the GOP nomination. He was validated and vetted as a suitable hand puppet by GWB's masters. They have had him fitted with an anal glove and all, and can make his mouth move and say shit McCain never would have considered saying in 2000. He is the ticket!

Jim
You need to step away from your crack pipe.

reserved.
post #17 of 196 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
You need to step away from your crack pipe.
Just to make this clear. I am not you and have never posted as you.

But if the use of the word "you" was guaged to be offensive to some in my post, please excuse my lack of tact and courtesy. It is another late night and I am a bit distracted. I will endeavor to avoid excessively using you that way in the future. Jim
post #18 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Obama's Bad Turn

...Senator McCain's latest "inexperience" TV ad about his opponent opened with fleeting images of celeb babes Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, who likely don't know who he is. The celebrity link was a leap that fell flat.

If that was silly, Senator Obama's verbal crackback at his opponent's criticism was more troubling. Campaigning in Missouri, he said: "So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me. You know, 'He's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name,' you know, 'He doesn't look like all those other Presidents on the dollar bills.'"

The Obama camp says the reference to dollar-bill portraits wasn't meant to suggest that all of them are white and he is black. We might give him the benefit of the doubt on this were it not that it's the second time Mr. Obama has used this device. In late June in Florida he said: "They're going to try to make you afraid. They're going to try to make you afraid of me. 'He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?'"

For starters, this sounds Clintonesque, almost literally so. Recall how the Obama camp went ballistic at the former President's racial insinuations after the South Carolina primary this year. For the record, Senator McCain at no time has said anything remotely touching on his opponent's race.

It would be not only good for this campaign but also in Senator Obama's political self-interest if he dropped this unattractive implication about his opposition. The more he tries to use race as a shield from criticism, the less he'll look like a potential leader of the entire country and more like a traditional liberal playing racial politics.

Obama's Bad Turn - WSJ.com

Don't believe everything you think
post #19 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
I find it interesting that so many of the McCain surrogates and proxies have been banging the race drum since prior to Obama getting through the primary process [just look at this board for hundreds of examples, or Rush archives, or O'Really archives, or Coulter or Hannity or Beck].

Now Obama brings up race and it is HE that is playing the race card. I am beginning to think the Shrinking28's has lost all reason.

Just note the difference in the way the two campaigns [including their proxies] conduct themselves.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #20 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I find it interesting that so many of the McCain surrogates and proxies have been banging the race drum since prior to Obama getting through the primary process [just look at this board for hundreds of examples, or Rush archives, or O'Really archives, or Coulter or Hannity or Beck].

Now Obama brings up race and it is HE that is playing the race card. I am beginning to think the Shrinking28's has lost all reason.

Just note the difference in the way the two campaigns [including their proxies] conduct themselves.
I wasn't aware that Bill and Hillary Clinton, and thousands of other democRATS, were McCain surrogates and proxies... WOW! McCain should win big!!!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in