Obambi plays the race card... Again and Again and Again - Page 16 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
A lot of Americans donated to the Ron Paul campaign for no reason other than to allow him to continue spreading a message to a very receptive young audience. Look for those numbers to improve.
I understand that and it is a good thing. My concern with the Ron Paul message is Ron Paul. What happens when he fades into the woodwork like Ross Perot. The message and the movement dies.

There has to be something much, much bigger than what I see generated by the Ron Paul Campaign before a third party can congeal to have a legitimate presence. That certainly does not mean there should not be effort in the meantime. But much of that effort needs to be in local and state and Congressional races that provide a backbone for a National candidate. That just does NOT exist. And that is a real shame.

How many Congressional spinoffs of the Ron Paul Movement have there been for this election season? That would be an important number to know.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
concretist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Why shouldn't Obama use race as an issue? He's running against a party full of racist.
post #153 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Ross Perot was a billionaire flake who got a lot more attention than he deserved. Ron Paul is a living breathing example of what many Americans want (or certainly should want) as a leader. Forget his message, admire his intelligence, his candor, his consistency, his strict adherence to the high road, his stubborn refusal to place his political party or special interests above his principles. These are the things (along with his message) that may leave a lasting impression upon an entire generation. I don't know what impact that will have on our future, perhaps none, but I am proud to have contributed to his campaign, which I remind you, was launched from within the two-party system.

In any case, you are on the wrong side of this debate mcbear, and I will tell you why. I am telling you to vote for whomever you want, and you are telling me that I should not do the same. I'm sorry, but that's just wrong, no matter how you slice it.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #154 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Sorry skippy, I know what the plan is, I know what the reference is, apparently you failed to get the POINTLESS entendre associated with old cars and tuneups.

Apparently you don't get the point [oops, sorry] of the tire gauge comment from Obama. Considering your zeal to support drilling without understanding the costs associated, I can understand why.

As for lazy. Nice shot from left field. Not sure where it connects but hey, creativity isn't your strong suite.
Having lived in southside Chicago from personal experience I know how unorganized it is and how many rattletraps there are. I can assure you that only a small number of southsiders own tire guages and fewer still would not know what to do with the read-out.

So you want the BHO supporters to believe that he has the experience to lead; when suggestions like pressure guages and tuneups should require him to STFU. That is about as practical as monolingual BHO telling us we all should learn Spanish. Somewhere behind BHO are small people with small ideas. Are you one of them?

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #155 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
^ [hijack] Whereabouts and when? I'm from South Shore. [/hijack]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #156 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Having lived in southside Chicago from personal experience I know how unorganized it is and how many rattletraps there are. I can assure you that only a small number of southsiders own tire guages and fewer still would not know what to do with the read-out.

So you want the BHO supporters to believe that he has the experience to lead; when suggestions like pressure guages and tuneups should require him to STFU. That is about as practical as monolingual BHO telling us we all should learn Spanish. Somewhere behind BHO are small people with small ideas. Are you one of them?
I realize that the concept of entendre is foreign to you. The POINTLESS in reference to Tuneup in old cars has to do with cars not having points any longer. Car guys know these things.

Now, as for the 'small people with small ideas'. Let's look at some math. Americans drive approximately 2.8 Trillion miles per year [aaa]. If we average 24 mpg, we use around 120 billion gallons of gasoline in our vehicles. If, through perfect tire inflation, we improved our collective fuel efficiency by 1.5%, that would be 1.8 billion gallons. A barrel of oil produces around 20 gallons of gasoline, so the total savings available JUST through tire inflation is approximately 90,000,000 barrels of oil annually. When you add in tune ups the number goes up. When you add in other savings, the number goes up. When you improve CAFE, the number goes up.

It is the accumulation of small, quality ideas that make the world work. One big, bad idea does not make the problem go away.

So what small idea have you contributed?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #157 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Ross Perot was a billionaire flake who got a lot more attention than he deserved. Ron Paul is a living breathing example of what many Americans want (or certainly should want) as a leader. Forget his message, admire his intelligence, his candor, his consistency, his strict adherence to the high road, his stubborn refusal to place his political party or special interests above his principles. These are the things (along with his message) that may leave a lasting impression upon an entire generation. I don't know what impact that will have on our future, perhaps none, but I am proud to have contributed to his campaign, which I remind you, was launched from within the two-party system.

In any case, you are on the wrong side of this debate mcbear, and I will tell you why. I am telling you to vote for whomever you want, and you are telling me that I should not do the same. I'm sorry, but that's just wrong, no matter how you slice it.
I am not telling you who to vote for, just that the vote is wasted since it is not backed by a solid national party and therefore will only act as a low percentage spoiler. Those are two different things.

I agree that Ron Paul is different and many of his ideas are very good and very fresh. I wish he had pulled away from the Republicans a year ago and tried to mount a solid campaign. It would have been a different race with a different national conversation.

Don't confuse my opinion that a vote for a third party is a wasted vote at this point in time [2008] with a thought that it is my opinion that third parties are a waste of time for the future of this country as they are not. I would be very happy with a four or five party system in this country.

My opinion is that they need to get off their asses and organize. I have been trying to get Kentuckians to do so for over 20 years. It's like herding cats.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #158 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I realize that the concept of entendre is foreign to you. The POINTLESS in reference to Tuneup in old cars has to do with cars not having points any longer. Car guys know these things.

Now, as for the 'small people with small ideas'. Let's look at some math. Americans drive approximately 2.8 Trillion miles per year [aaa]. If we average 24 mpg, we use around 120 billion gallons of gasoline in our vehicles. If, through perfect tire inflation, we improved our collective fuel efficiency by 1.5%, that would be 1.8 billion gallons. A barrel of oil produces around 20 gallons of gasoline, so the total savings available JUST through tire inflation is approximately 90,000,000 barrels of oil annually. When you add in tune ups the number goes up. When you add in other savings, the number goes up. When you improve CAFE, the number goes up.

It is the accumulation of small, quality ideas that make the world work. One big, bad idea does not make the problem go away.

So what small idea have you contributed?
As long as it isn't a double entendre, you may have a chance...

Don't believe everything you think
post #159 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
stfu
post #160 of 196 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
stfu
You need to get a life--DUMBEST!

Even those fags, Shane and Jimbo, have backed off...

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in