LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Again, you cannot have a WAR against an EMOTION. Terror is an emotion. The correct phrase is The War Against Terrorists [TWAT]. Second, Iraq was not part of that issue while Saddam was in power, AQ only wandered in after we blew apart their Infrastructure. Third, there is no WIN. Only degrees of TIE gracefully. We lost the chance to "Win" back in 2003.
Imagine that! I stand corrected.

NOT

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Quote:
Again, you cannot have a WAR against an EMOTION. Terror is an emotion. The correct phrase is The War Against Terrorists [TWAT]. Second, Iraq was not part of that issue while Saddam was in power, AQ only wandered in after we blew apart their Infrastructure. Third, there is no WIN. Only degrees of TIE gracefully. We lost the chance to "Win" back in 2003.
How Terrorist Groups End

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Imagine that! I stand corrected.

NOT
Ah, lack of substantiation again. I am guessing you think "because" works as an answer for adults also.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Mirrors the efforts we're trying to set up in Iraq

reserved.

Last edited by Multipurpose; 07-31-2008 at 09:00 PM.
post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
I think we have done well enough to declare we have won, and that we should pack up and let the Iraqis do their own thing.....
Looks to me like all sides agree with you at least to the extent that I've quoted you. The disagreements are mostly a matter of political posturing for local consumers of political bullshit.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
George set the timetable, George made the plan, and George gave the orders. George owns it. The rest of the stars of your movie clip were just blowing hot air to get elected, especially all those after 9-11, given the Karl "Gahan Wilson" Rove school of making everything a political crowbar, even the horror of the 9-11 attacks. Talking shit and being "The Decider" are two entirely different sets of responsibilities. Not that I approve of the shitheads that voted on the issues with only being reelected in mind, but I have said this many times before - the Clinton quote has to be tempered with what he did as President, when he could have done what Bush did. He didn't. The rest of the blowhards in the flick were just repeating shit they obviously knew nothing about, and no matter what any of them said, not a single US soldier set foot in Iraq because of it.

So, if you GOP/Bush apologists really want to have the Bush War recolored as the Congress's war, or even the Democratic members of Congress's war based on the video, you are going to have to have the Constitution and several Congressional Resolutions changed to let those in Congress of the Democratic Party share the authority to send troops to places like Iraq. You have to agree "The Decider" becomes "The Decider Team" and they rule by consensus. Otherwise all this bellyaching about the Iraq war being "Bush's War" and how that is unfair is just pointless bellyaching. Something you guys seem to want to do a lot of lately. Something stuck in your craw? Got a digestion problem? Go ahead, cough it up...you'll see....it is Bush's fault. Jim
post #47 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Ah, lack of substantiation again. I am guessing you think "because" works as an answer for adults also.
No, but I do believe in the effort/cause.

reserved.
post #48 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
"You guys."

It's always a combat, isn't it? problems are more solvable if first person plural is used in a political context. Use of 2nd person plural or 1st person plural tends to create a defensive response in those whom one wishes to convince of alternatives.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #49 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
No, but I do believe in the effort/cause.
I don't want to pay for your belief in that cause. You claim to be concerned about taxes. But apparently not if they are collected from your future great grandchildren for your cause today. Reminds of that line about "I would gladly pay you tomorrow for a cheeseburger today!" Just because your great grandchildren aren't here to debate you on the subject doesn't lend your principles of convenience concerning taxes any credence. Jim
post #50 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 08:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
"You guys."

It's always a combat, isn't it? problems are more solvable if first person plural is used in a political context. Use of 2nd person plural or 1st person plural tends to create a defensive response in those whom one wishes to convince of alternatives.

B
Well, it really is just a simple collective that promoted and planned this little Invasion. So "you guys" is just as good of a collective as any of the less savory potential monikers.

Or is it that you feel that you are swept up in that collective as you defend its actions?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in