Does the U.S. owe the world an apology for George W. Bush? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Does the U.S. owe the world an apology for George W. Bush?
Yes 23 57.50%
No 15 37.50%
Undecided 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 03:29 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: C220 CDI with OPTIONS!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
** warning - this is going to piss off hardcore US patriots **

As someone who actually isn't in the US, and can see the world from a different angle, I always find these threads interesting.

While on one side, I think it would be humorous to get an apology for Bush, the reality is - the rest of the world is more likely to breath a sigh of relief when he is gone and hopes that you guys learnt a lesson and fixed the errors that allowed him to win two elections as he did.

On the other, the entire nation of the US of A is blind to their own history and actions. The constant remarks of comparison to Hitler that eventually make their way into these threads (as it did on page one of this one) always amuses me to no end, as the posters never stop to consider that from one point of view, the nation of the US is seen just like that by others in the global community.

There's actually a very interesting piece that was written by a 76 years old man who is a Veteran of World War II (US Army) named Philip Greenspan. He wrote a piece that talks about that very comparison. It may be confronting to the hardcore patriots, but actually isn't from the view of a global citizen.

To the potential flamers and kick-backers - I'm not trying to attack, but provide an alternate view of the world.

Funny thing is that while it is easy to attack the US, it's also important to remember that it has also done a great many good things too. Having said that, it's important to put both sides together and re-balance the view.

Just my $AUD 0.02 ($USD 0.0191520) worth

"Look Pa! I contributed absolutely nothing to that there thread!"

Cubanite Silver C220 CDI Avantgarde with the lot ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 03:39 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
^Fuckin' A we owe an apology, just don't do it, actions speak louder than words. Just start anew with more subtle manipulation and less blatant greed to the few who bought these ruthless politicians who enacted these cruel ruses to trick the US populace. It was no less than a trick, and the USA ought to be ashamed for falling for such a blatant sham. Embarrassing. More education needed deserperately?
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Did Germany owe and apology for Hitler? I see little difference between Bush's invasion of Iraq and Hitler's invasion of Poland. Fuck the apology, we should hand him over to be tried for war crimes.

The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

actually yes, Germany has appologised over and over for the holocoust and the war; directly to PL and Israel.

in political asylum
post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 04:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
The US will continue to be a global leader regardless of who gets elected and regardless of whether or not that person apologizes for mistakes (or whatever you want to call them). The US will continue to set the global tone for the foreseeable future. The difference will lie in whether or not the globe follows because they have to or because they genuinely want to.
i disagree. the world isn't following us as much as they used to and they will be doing less of that in the future as they all have learned that it may not be the best for them to blindly follow USA.. good for them, i say.

VVV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
In many respects, the WORLD moved along nicely while Bushie ran Uncle Sam's Caddy in the ditch. The Euro blossomed, China's economy made staggering gains, Brazil's economy moved up 950%. Emerging nations not directly tied to the US did just fine.

in political asylum

Last edited by mzsmbs; 07-28-2008 at 04:40 PM.
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 04:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Edwards would be a good choice to develop deep, warm, productive relationships. No telling what might come up.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 05:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Or who might come.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
A simple verbal apology is not going to be much more than a headline and it will be viewed as building a barrier within America between the Shrinking28 and the rest of us. If Obama is elected I doubt a verbal declaration will be forthcoming. It is not his style to spend that kind of leadership potential with so little to actually gain. Instead I would imagine a commitment to repudiate by actions the modus operandi of the Bush Administrations will be made, privately and specifically to most foreign leaders. A less specific commitment to cooperate and respect each country's rights to determine their own destiny, or perhaps something more specific that was particularly perceived as an affront by them will be made. And then it will be up to Obama to live up to his verbal commitments. The less specific he has to be the better, and he is smart enough to know that.

If McCain is elected this discussion is moot. He is Bush III and will not repudiate or change anything. He may even escalate a number of Bush's most severe leadership flaws since he seems quite hot tempered and prone to rash, under analyzed and ill considered emotional reactions to situations calling for exactly the opposite. Jim
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Let's send them all lots of money.

B

post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Let's send them all lots of money.

B
Why? We already do that in is not fixing the perception problem. Some people, not all granted, find the prospect of getting assfucked by the US and then being paid for it akin to being a assfucking whore, and they don't really appreciate it. Strange, eh Bot? Maybe we just have to work them over harder to fully 'mercanize them. I mean, how can you trust someone who will let you overpower and then assfuck them, then take your money and still hate you?

Jim
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 07:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Why? We already do that in is not fixing the perception problem. Some people, not all granted, find the prospect of getting assfucked by the US and then being paid for it akin to being a assfucking whore, and they don't really appreciate it. Strange, eh Bot? Maybe we just have to work them over harder to fully 'mercanize them. I mean, how can you trust someone who will let you overpower and then assfuck them, then take your money and still hate you?

Jim
I think sending everybody a wad of cash is as stupid as becoming them so they will like us.

there's a Forrest Gump moment in there somewhere.

B

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in