Gallup Daily: Obama Maintains Slim Edge Over McCain - Page 23 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
He's coming across as a very bitter man. Clinton losing means another four years of hanging around the house with that neo-con bitch he married, can you blame him?
He was the right person at the right time in 1992.

It is not 1992 any more. Most people grow.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
.........BTW: What kind of review would Michele have received if she had worn her hair in an afro, ala Angela Davis and the kids sported corn rows?
What would make you ask such a question? Is that how you see her? I have never seen any photos of her looking like that, so it would never occur to me to imagine her as some scary nigger bitch. I see you dwell on such thoughts.

Jim
post #223 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
What would make you ask such a question? Is that how you see her? I have never seen any photos of her looking like that, so it would never occur to me to imagine her as some scary nigger bitch. I see you dwell on such thoughts.

Jim
How the convention is managed in order to convey a message intrigues me and Michele Obama has been pretty much off the scene recently for a makeover. Her presentation Monday night was to make her look as bland and typical as possible--a Stepford wife, if you will. As for photos I am looking at a picture of "Obama" family time with the oldest daughter in corn-rows. I think you know the answer to my first question and I wonder if the McCain campaign has such a photo of Michele in an afro.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #224 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 04:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
How the convention is managed in order to convey a message intrigues me and Michele Obama has been pretty much off the scene recently for a makeover. Her presentation Monday night was to make her look as bland and typical as possible--a Stepford wife, if you will. As for photos I am looking at a picture of "Obama" family time with the oldest daughter in corn-rows. I think you know the answer to my first question and I wonder if the McCain campaign has such a photo of Michele in an afro.
So, you think that little girl with corn rows in her hair is a scary enough image to use to incite the fear of a family of uppity niggers moving into the White House in white American homes? What a small, desperate person you are. Jim
post #225 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
So, you think that little girl with corn rows in her hair is a scary enough image to use to incite the fear of a family of uppity niggers moving into the White House in white American homes? What a small, desperate person you are. Jim
Nothing to do with me; my vote is already dedicated to Republicans. Actually, I'm about normal size in all respects and not really desparate for anything. What I notice is that you don't have any appreciation for the manufactured drama of the DNC. Probably some element of desperation behind that. Eh? I doubt much will happen there that will change your life; you'll still be an angry, disappointed liberal without much sense of humor.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #226 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Dude, she's a L A W Y E R. That is how they try to look.

And if the McCain camp has a photo of her in a fro, I am sure they will use it. I would expect nothing more.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #227 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Nothing to do with me; my vote is already dedicated to Republicans. Actually, I'm about normal size in all respects and not really desparate for anything. What I notice is that you don't have any appreciation for the manufactured drama of the DNC. Probably some element of desperation behind that. Eh? I doubt much will happen there that will change your life; you'll still be an angry, disappointed liberal without much sense of humor.
This post aside, you and your divisive know-it-all do-no-wrong mentality are exactly what's wrong with my party. You fuckers have rode roughshod over the rest of us for too long. Enough is enough. You're no more a Republican than you are a Catholic priest. Stop calling yourself a Republican, you asshole. Get the fuck out of my party.
post #228 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Dude, she's a L A W Y E R. That is how they try to look.

And if the McCain camp has a photo of her in a fro, I am sure they will use it. I would expect nothing more.
I think someone is suffering from a case of jungle fever. Probably lots of them. Probably the same sensation they get while watching men's diving competitions. That uncomfortable arousal in the groinal area, that makes them want to drive by and beat the shit out of some homeless guys with aluminum baseball bats.
post #229 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
This post aside, you and your divisive know-it-all do-no-wrong mentality are exactly what's wrong with my party. You fuckers have rode roughshod over the rest of us for too long. Enough is enough. You're no more a Republican than you are a Catholic priest. Stop calling yourself a Republican, you asshole. Get the fuck out of my party.
While I have been independent most of my life, I lean towards the liberal side on social issues and conservative on the fiscal side. Sounds like a difficult set of requirements to service with a single philosophy, but in the end it really isn't that much of a challenge if you just assume you do the best with what you have. As of late we just don't do the best with anything we can imagine we have, much less with what we actually have.

It is relieving to see someone who identifies with the conservative side to actually express their disgust with what is being sold to America as the Republican Party. Might not be my party, but it is the other major political party in my country, and it disgusts me to think the only other major political party is so completely steeped in short sightedness that it hones as its only tool for clinging to power, divisiveness. That wielding such a tool is considered acceptable when that tool uses racist, anti-gay, anti-minorities in general, and anti-female rhetoric as interchangeable features is revolting. Appealing to the seamy underbelly of American society to hold on to power at any level belittles America, and at the major national political party level it undermines the ideals this nation was founded on from within, and our ability to define and defend our interests on the international level.

The use of "elitist" and other code words to stimulate divisive, emotional, racist responses is unacceptable. That a major political party in the United States would employ these tactics to improve the chances of their candidate in 2008 is nearly incomprehensible. The press of the 1960's through early 1990's would not have let this go without questioning the basic intent. This is evidence the damage to the structure of our government, intended by the Constitution, is threatening what we so fondly, and apparently superficially describe as "the American way of life." So, it is a welcome sign to see a voice raised objecting to these practices from the other side. We should all be Americans first and members of a political party afterwards and be able to recognize what that means. Thanks QBN. Jim

Last edited by JimSmith; 08-27-2008 at 09:30 PM.
post #230 of 281 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Move over Z

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in