Snookered! For upsetting Eric....? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Punjabi's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Location: In Virtual Reality
Posts: 3,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Snookered! For upsetting Eric....?

heh, heh........


O'Sullivan punished for comments
Ronnie O'Sullivan speaks to the media after beating Ali Carter
O'Sullivan's points deduction will not affect his ranking

World champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has been fined by World Snooker and docked ranking points for lewd comments at a media conference at the China Open.

The 32-year-old lost the 700 ranking points he earned for his first-round defeat by Marco Fu in Beijing, but he will remain world number one.

O'Sullivan was fined £2,750 and a spokesman for O'Sullivan said: "Ronnie has accepted his punishment.

"He realises he made a mistake, but he never intended to offend anyone."

O'Sullivan's sexually suggestive comments were branded as "unacceptable" by World Snooker chairman Sir Rodney Walker and the matter was referred to a disciplinary committee.


606: DEBATE
The punishment is about right so it's time to move on

oneball2
"He wants to forget what happened and move forward," added the spokesman for O'Sullivan's management company 110Sport.

"He has apologised to World Snooker, the promoter of the China Open, his fans and also to his sponsors.

"He is keen to get on with his career and continue demonstrating why he is regarded as the best player in the world."

O'Sullivan had already apologised for his comments, admitting he was embarrassed by his actions and chastising himself for letting down his family with his behaviour at the tournament in March.

Since then, he has won his third world title with a comprehensive 18-8 defeat of Ali Carter in the final in April.

In May 2007 O'Sullivan was fined after walking out of a match against Stephen Hendry, and he was banned and fined in 1996 for assaulting a snooker official.

heh, heh...........
Punjabi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 12:17 AM
CH4S Artist
 
Teutone's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Location: Los Angeles / Hannover Germany
Posts: 33,570
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
As a longtime Billiards, Snooker, and Pool aficionado, I got to meet Steve Davis and Terry Griffith during a 2 day Snooker / Pool challenge with Jim Rempe and Mike Siegel in Dallas, Texas.
The 'competition' was held on the ice rink of the Plaza Americas Hotel.
The players on wooden planks probably had frozen feet at the end of the day.
The level of play was high though, Steve Davis had a frame of 120+ points if I remember correctly. I got to chat with a group of Rock and Roll looking snooker fans, who turned out to be Elvis Costello and his band mates.

BTW, in the late 70's, a Friend and I played on the 200 + year old 6 x 12 Thurston Snooker table at the old 'Deans Hotel' in Peshawar, not the present monstrosity that was build in its place.
The name Peshawar is Persian, and means 'the place at the frontier.'
Teutone is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 06:35 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,172
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
heh, heh........


O'Sullivan punished for comments
Ronnie O'Sullivan speaks to the media after beating Ali Carter
O'Sullivan's points deduction will not affect his ranking

World champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has been fined by World Snooker and docked ranking points for lewd comments at a media conference at the China Open.

The 32-year-old lost the 700 ranking points he earned for his first-round defeat by Marco Fu in Beijing, but he will remain world number one.

O'Sullivan was fined £2,750 and a spokesman for O'Sullivan said: "Ronnie has accepted his punishment.

"He realises he made a mistake, but he never intended to offend anyone."

O'Sullivan's sexually suggestive comments were branded as "unacceptable" by World Snooker chairman Sir Rodney Walker and the matter was referred to a disciplinary committee.


606: DEBATE
The punishment is about right so it's time to move on

oneball2
"He wants to forget what happened and move forward," added the spokesman for O'Sullivan's management company 110Sport.

"He has apologised to World Snooker, the promoter of the China Open, his fans and also to his sponsors.

"He is keen to get on with his career and continue demonstrating why he is regarded as the best player in the world."

O'Sullivan had already apologised for his comments, admitting he was embarrassed by his actions and chastising himself for letting down his family with his behaviour at the tournament in March.

Since then, he has won his third world title with a comprehensive 18-8 defeat of Ali Carter in the final in April.

In May 2007 O'Sullivan was fined after walking out of a match against Stephen Hendry, and he was banned and fined in 1996 for assaulting a snooker official.

heh, heh...........
Ok now you got me, i put him up to it

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is online now  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:22 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
We play pool over here
DP is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,172
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
We play pool over here
I love pool, make a big splash every time

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is online now  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,172
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
We play pool over here
Yes you do, we have many ball games in china

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is online now  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 08:01 AM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Location: Lancaster, Kentucky
Posts: 8,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
As a longtime Billiards, Snooker, and Pool aficionado, I got to meet Steve Davis and Terry Griffith during a 2 day Snooker / Pool challenge with Jim Rempe and Mike Siegel in Dallas, Texas.
The 'competition' was held on the ice rink of the Plaza Americas Hotel.
The players on wooden planks probably had frozen feet at the end of the day.
The level of play was high though, Steve Davis had a frame of 120+ points if I remember correctly. I got to chat with a group of Rock and Roll looking snooker fans, who turned out to be Elvis Costello and his band mates.

BTW, in the late 70's, a Friend and I played on the 200 + year old 6 x 12 Thurston Snooker table at the old 'Deans Hotel' in Peshawar, not the present monstrosity that was build in its place.
The name Peshawar is Persian, and means 'the place at the frontier.'
Hey Teutone, I challenge you to a billiard tournament. For every game you win, I will not post any stupid shit for a day. For every game I win you have to by me a 6 pack of BEER. What Say You?
the clk man is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 09:17 AM
CH4S Artist
 
Teutone's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Location: Los Angeles / Hannover Germany
Posts: 33,570
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clk man View Post
Hey Teutone, I challenge you to a billiard tournament. For every game you win, I will not post any stupid shit for a day. For every game I win you have to by me a 6 pack of BEER. What Say You?
No problem, but I rather go for Dewars rocks on my end, and play on full size (4.5 x 9 pool) tables.
Teutone is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 10:27 AM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Location: Lancaster, Kentucky
Posts: 8,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
No problem, but I rather go for Dewars rocks on my end, and play on full size (4.5 x 9 pool) tables.
I accept the challenge, but that Dewars scotch is expensive, so therefore for every game I win I want a 30pack of AMERICAN beer. What say you?
the clk man is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,172
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clk man View Post
I accept the challenge, but that Dewars scotch is expensive, so therefore for every game I win I want a 30pack of AMERICAN beer. What say you?
He is bluffing take the challenge no matter what

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Yo, Eric and MB-SV...! Digmenow Off-Topic 3 01-26-2008 07:17 AM
    Hey Eric mlfun Off-Topic 12 12-12-2007 12:48 PM
    VERY UPSETTING DAY!!!!!!!! (pic not 56k) wdp327 R170 SLK-Class 27 08-13-2007 08:05 AM
    Eric O'Shea edfreeman Off-Topic 1 04-22-2007 09:28 AM
    upsetting safeties Mario C209/A209 CLK-Class 4 01-11-2004 03:42 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome