post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
DemoCRAZY Shamed!

A videotape of a detainee being questioned at the US prison camp in Guantanamo Bay has been released for the first time.

It shows 16-year-old Omar Khadr being asked by Canadian officials in 2003 about events leading up to his capture by US forces, Canadian media have said.

The Canadian citizen is accused of throwing a grenade that killed a US soldier in Afghanistan in 2002.

He is seen in a distressed state and complaining about the medical care.

The footage was made public by Mr Khadr's lawyers following a Supreme Court ruling in May that the Canadian authorities had to hand over key evidence against him to allow a full defence of the charges he is facing.

One of those lawyers, Dennis Edney, told the BBC his client was seen in a distressed state because he had been "abused" by his American guards.

"He was deprived of sleep by being removed from his cell and to another cell every three hours on a 24-hour basis for three weeks solid, followed by three weeks of deep solitary confinement," Mr Edney told the BBC.

'Help me'

Mr Khadr, the only Westerner still held at the jail, was 15 when he was captured by US forces during a gun battle at a suspected al-Qaeda camp in Afghanistan.

During the 10-minute video of his questioning in Guantanamo a year later, he can be seen crying, his face buried in his hands, and pulling at his hair. He can be heard repeatedly chanting: "Help me."

I hope Canadians will be outraged to see the callous and disgraceful treatment of a Canadian youth
Dennis Edney
Lawyer for Omar Khadr

Q&A: Military tribunals
Glimpse inside Guantanamo
At one point he lifts his orange shirt to show the foreign ministry official and agents from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) wounds on his back and stomach which he says he sustained in Afghanistan.

"I'm not a doctor, but I think you're getting good medical care," one of the officials responds.

Mr Khadr says: "No I'm not. You're not here... I lost my eyes. I lost my feet. Everything!" in reference to how his vision and physical health were affected.

"No, you still have your eyes and your feet are still at the end of your legs, you know," a man says.

Sobbing uncontrollably, Mr Khadr tells the officials several times: "You don't care about me."

In an accompanying classified document describing the interrogation, Mr Khadr also says he was tortured while being held at the US military detention centre at Bagram air base in Afghanistan, and that everything he had said previously was a "lie" because of the "torture".

Public outcry?

The White House maintains that the US has treated all detainees held at Guantanamo in a humane way.

File pic of Omar Khadr before he was detained at the age of 15
Mr Khadr was 15 when he was captured by US forces
The Bush administration argues that it needs flexibility and those it calls terrorists cannot be treated as if they are simply criminal defendants.

But one of Mr Khadr's lawyers, Dennis Edney, said he hoped the video would cause an outcry in Canada and pressure Prime Minister Stephen Harper to demand that the US does not prosecute their client.

"I hope Canadians will be outraged to see the callous and disgraceful treatment of a Canadian youth," Mr Edney told the Toronto Star.

"Canadians should demand to know why they've been lied to."

Mr Harper reiterated last week that he would not interfere in Mr Khadr's military tribunal, due to begin at Guantanamo on 8 October.

The human rights group Amnesty International described the video as "disturbing".

"We've always said that anyone suspected of involvement in international terrorism should be brought to justice, but what we see on this video is a travesty of justice," said Amnesty International UK's Sara Mac Neice.

She added that the US should abandon its attempt to put Guantanamo prisoners in front of what she called "unfair military commission trials", instead allowing them "proper civilian trials in appropriate safe countries".

Mr Khadr, now 21, faces multiple terrorism-related charges, the most serious of which is murder. He faces up to life in prison if convicted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
I hope Canadians will be outraged to see the callous and disgraceful treatment of a Canadian youth
Dennis Edney
Lawyer for Omar Khadr
I feel no shame over how Omar Khadr is being treated. The Khadr family is well-known to Canadians. They are the standard-bearers for the exploitation of our immigration system and our social network. Khadr's father, Ahmed Said Khadr (who died in the same firefight that his 15 year old son was wounded in), was a close associate of Osama Bin Laden's. The Khadr family was indoctrinated in anti-western propaganda by their family and lived at an al Qaeda training camp for a time. Omar Khadr's mother gave a well-publicized interview a few years back denouncing Canadian and westernsociety in the most vicious terms, telling us that we will reap what we sew. Of course, when her sons are injured while fighting alongside al Qaeda she takes every action possible to ensure her injured children get back to Canada to receive top quality (and free) medical care, despite the fact that they have been out of the country for years. Khadr's mother has "lost" 7 passports since becoming a Canadian citizen, passports which are undoubtedly in the hands of terrorists around the world. Another one of her sons, Abdurahman Khadr, has been denied a passport by the Canadian government for the same reasons. The entire Khadr familiy has no visible means of support and lives off of government assistance combined with donations from their community.

These people made their bed. Now they can lie in it. The fact that they should look to the public for support is the height of shameful hypocrisy. As they entered Canadian society under false pretenses (the father never disclosed his activities as a Mujahadeen in Afghanistan) they should all be removed and their citizenship stripped. They should prefer this, based on their many public statements denouncing our country and society. I'm sure they would be much more comfortable in an Islamic republic that operates according to Sharia. Of course, they may find the medical care and welfare payments they receive to not be as good as they got here.

The only shame, as far as I am concerned, is that we have not acted to remove these leeches. They must have quite the laugh at our expense when the cameras stop rolling.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
He should hunger strike in protest.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
I feel no shame over how Omar Khadr is being treated. The Khadr family is well-known to Canadians. They are the standard-bearers for the exploitation of our immigration system and our social network. Khadr's father, Ahmed Said Khadr (who died in the same firefight that his 15 year old son was wounded in), was a close associate of Osama Bin Laden's. The Khadr family was indoctrinated in anti-western propaganda by their family and lived at an al Qaeda training camp for a time. Omar Khadr's mother gave a well-publicized interview a few years back denouncing Canadian and westernsociety in the most vicious terms, telling us that we will reap what we sew. Of course, when her sons are injured while fighting alongside al Qaeda she takes every action possible to ensure her injured children get back to Canada to receive top quality (and free) medical care, despite the fact that they have been out of the country for years. Khadr's mother has "lost" 7 passports since becoming a Canadian citizen, passports which are undoubtedly in the hands of terrorists around the world. Another one of her sons, Abdurahman Khadr, has been denied a passport by the Canadian government for the same reasons. The entire Khadr familiy has no visible means of support and lives off of government assistance combined with donations from their community.

These people made their bed. Now they can lie in it. The fact that they should look to the public for support is the height of shameful hypocrisy. As they entered Canadian society under false pretenses (the father never disclosed his activities as a Mujahadeen in Afghanistan) they should all be removed and their citizenship stripped. They should prefer this, based on their many public statements denouncing our country and society. I'm sure they would be much more comfortable in an Islamic republic that operates according to Sharia. Of course, they may find the medical care and welfare payments they receive to not be as good as they got here.

The only shame, as far as I am concerned, is that we have not acted to remove these leeches. They must have quite the laugh at our expense when the cameras stop rolling.

heh, heh....rather interesting insight to the scenario! Reckon you are a keen 'Fox News' fan! heh, heh......are you saying that under the Russian invasion and occupation of their Homeland, the "Mujahadeen" status was acceptable and due 'asylum/citizenship' granted accordingly but now under similar invasion and occupation of their Homeland by others that they should somehow differ on their stance and views? heh, heh.......a real eye-opener for you would be to see the list of the actual and real close associates of Osama Bin Laden and his family! Now that would be a laugh indeed! heh, heh......ofcourse, 'Fox News' would not be given the censorship sanction to broadcast such information! heh, heh........
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 02:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Boo Hoo. They are waking me up before 11am and there is no room service. "Don't to the crime if you can't do the time"

War looked like so much fun on TV and in the training videos.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Didn't know they got Fox News in Londonistan....

Anyway, Pudjambi is right. Democracy sucks. Let's all adopt a sexually frustrated, brutalitarian, homophobic, backwards-ass, sand-filled, camel-fucking existence instead.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 02:29 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Decapitate him with a steak knife and call him a martyr.

Fuck him.
Fuck the cause.
Oh, yeh....and fuck Canada.

HEH, HEH, HEH
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 02:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Seems there is always the story behind the story. In the US we have teenagers serving long hard time for capital crimes. Should be no difference in Guantanamo. But in the revealing of the film we can begin to see what happens when we let lawyers start defending enemy combatants. Suddenly, they put the plaintiff country on trial as a diversion. Same story, boy kills parents, throws himself on the court's mercy as an orphan. Just drama masquerading as justice.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
heh, heh....rather interesting insight to the scenario! Reckon you are a keen 'Fox News' fan! heh, heh......are you saying that under the Russian invasion and occupation of their Homeland, the "Mujahadeen" status was acceptable and due 'asylum/citizenship' granted accordingly but now under similar invasion and occupation of their Homeland by others that they should somehow differ on their stance and views? heh, heh.......a real eye-opener for you would be to see the list of the actual and real close associates of Osama Bin Laden and his family! Now that would be a laugh indeed! heh, heh......ofcourse, 'Fox News' would not be given the censorship sanction to broadcast such information! heh, heh........
Actually, no, I think that Fox News is bullshit. I think the same of you. The whole family is a bunch of no good, lying worthless pieces of shit, sucking up resources from the very same government that they are on record as wanting to overthrow. Maybe you want to sponsor them to come and live with you. It sounds like you've already got a lot in common.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Didn't know they got Fox News in Londonistan....

Anyway, Pudjambi is right. Democracy sucks. Let's all adopt a sexually frustrated, brutalitarian, homophobic, backwards-ass, sand-filled, camel-fucking existence instead.
heh, heh.....Mr GA-GA....long time......only ignorant, feeble-minded hypocrites with similar mindsets to you suck! heh, heh.....I see you have aptly described the society you live in! heh, heh......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in