Team McCain Out of Touch with BushLeague Comments - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I repeat: Phil is absolutely correct! We are a nation of whiners who see a recession hiding behind every tree, because the drive-by media told us so. Just look at the Kookbergers on this board, if you need proof...
Garp!

Garp!

Aarp!

Aarp!

arrp!

aaarrp!

You sound like that drooling, perpetually priapic mental vegetable, Technical Sargent Garp, the turret gunner who was put in that condition by shrapnel, and father of TS Garp. But you don't have that excuse. So what is your excuse for being unable to come up with anything but repetitive Bushcock sucking on an internet forum?

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
If you agree with Gramm then you strongly disagree with McCain on the subject. [That would be per McCain]

It is not whining to look at the situation, break down its problems to try and resolve them to make things better. That is just smart.

Gramm is just trying to defend his failed economic policies that he pushed through in the past that have failed so bad and have all come home to roost. Apparently he is unable to man up and accept responsibility for his errors. Now THAT is whining.
I could not care less what McCain said. I am not a tool of his or anyone else--unlike you who are so obviously a tool of Obambi.

And I repeat: Phil is absolutely correct! We are a nation of whiners who see a recession hiding behind every tree, because the drive-by media told us so. Just look at the Kookbergers on this board, if you need proof...

Don't believe everything you think
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I could not care less what McCain said. I am not a tool of his or anyone else--unlike you who are so obviously a tool of Obambi.

And I repeat: Phil is absolutely correct! We are a nation of whiners who see a recession hiding behind every tree, because the drive-by media told us so. Just look at the Kookbergers on this board, if you need proof...
OK, to clarify, you believe McCain is dead WRONG on this issue. That his assessment of the Economy is wrong, that his assessment of the people is wrong and his assessment of Phil Gramm's comments is wrong.

Oh, and as for the proof of the recession behind the tree by the Kookbergers on this board. I was doing some back reading of past posts. You might not like the 2 year record.

To tell you how out of touch Gramm is, HE still thinks there is no Recession.

The more Weepublicans like Gramm that jump on the McCain/Bush bandwagon the better. People are at the point of just listening and going WTF by now. I didn't think any group of people could be so out of touch. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't change the Republican logo from an Elephant to a portrait of Marie Antoinette.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
OK, to clarify, you believe McCain is dead WRONG on this issue. That his assessment of the Economy is wrong, that his assessment of the people is wrong and his assessment of Phil Gramm's comments is wrong.

Oh, and as for the proof of the recession behind the tree by the Kookbergers on this board. I was doing some back reading of past posts. You might not like the 2 year record.

To tell you how out of touch Gramm is, HE still thinks there is no Recession.

The more Weepublicans like Gramm that jump on the McCain/Bush bandwagon the better. People are at the point of just listening and going WTF by now. I didn't think any group of people could be so out of touch. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't change the Republican logo from an Elephant to a portrait of Marie Antoinette.
I really don't know, or care much, what McCain's assessment of the economy is, or what he thinks about Phil's comments. All I'm saying is what I have said a dozen times now--but what seems to elude that steel trap you call a brain: We are a nation of whiners who see a recession hiding behind every tree, because the drive-by media told us so. Just look at the Kookbergers on this board, if you need proof...

And as you well know THERE IS NO RECESSION!!! At least not yet...

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Ah semantics. Grab that ONE definition of recession that keeps Bushie looking like he won't have TWO in his term and run with it. It's not working.

Meanwhile the rest of the world will simply look at all the numbers and accept the realities of life, call a recession a recession, figure the best way to recover and go forward. Denial can just be sad.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 04:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Ah semantics. Grab that ONE definition of recession that keeps Bushie looking like he won't have TWO in his term and run with it. It's not working.

Meanwhile the rest of the world will simply look at all the numbers and accept the realities of life, call a recession a recession, figure the best way to recover and go forward. Denial can just be sad.
There is only one accepted definition of recession, of which I am aware: Two consecutive quarters of negative Gross Domestic Product! We have yet to see one...

Quit being an anti-American whiner bear. It really isn't pretty...

Last edited by Jayhawk; 07-11-2008 at 05:01 PM.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:31 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 96 SL500, 97 E420,
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gqmagic
"Originally Posted by Jayhawk

And as you well know THERE IS NO RECESSION!!! At least not yet..."

I hope your pockets are as deep as your heroes, bush,cheney, gramm and mccain, because if they aren't they don't want you whining about the 'mental recession' when hard times hit you upside the head.

Last edited by gqmagic; 07-11-2008 at 06:35 PM.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I really don't know, or care much, what McCain's assessment of the economy is, or what he thinks about Phil's comments. All I'm saying is what I have said a dozen times now--but what seems to elude that steel trap you call a brain: We are a nation of whiners who see a recession hiding behind every tree, because the drive-by media told us so. Just look at the Kookbergers on this board, if you need proof...

so, you still will blindly vote for mack who seems to be worlds apart from u and many other things... hmm

in political asylum
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
There is only one accepted definition of recession, of which I am aware: Two consecutive quarters of negative Gross Domestic Product! We have yet to see one...
The problem is highlighted in red. That definition only works if inflation is not a factor in some sectors. Inflation is a factor in Energy and Food.

To simplify, if Gasoline were ONLY $3.30 per gallon [instead of $4.00 where profits are grosses are higher] and Bread and milk had not gone up 25% this past year [again were profits and grosses are higher], we would be in your "Two consecutive quarters of negative Gross Domestic Product" definition. But because INFLATION is in play also, the model changes and the simple formula does not calculate. Every school of Economics calculates recession differently when inflation is an element of the model.

It looks something like this - - - - - - - + - - - - + - -. The TWO GREENS kick the GDP just above +-0.

Note if they were normal margins and not highly inflationary [4X blended rate] the inflation weighted model would not apply.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 07:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
so, you still will blindly vote for mack who seems to be worlds apart from u and many other things... hmm
I'm really not sure who I will vote for... Though I am fairly sure who I will not vote for...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in