Lower back pain - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 04:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Start exercising, especially stomach and abs. Really. Strengthen your back and belly and the blues will go away. Save the pills for driving.
I have similar problems and see a chiropractor monthly. I do an exercise he told me to do that my wife told me to do a long time ago. She is pissed that I do it now and tell everyone it works.

Anyway it is some kind of standard yoga thing. You lay on your stomach and kind of do a push up with your hips still touching the floor. I start out lifting my chest only a few inches off the ground and then lower myself back to the ground. Then I lift myself up a little higher and so forth until I can completely arch my back with my head thrown back into a pretty tight "C" shape. I never thought this would do much of anything, but I do it nearly every day and the day to day soreness is gone. Good luck, back pain is the shits. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
I used to chuckle at the commercials and now I'm seeing white ebbytime I stand up. Help.
Trucker-back... No cure just suck it up. There are some good exercises you can do, but must be totally committed to a daily routine. Check out a good physical therapist in your area.

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 07-09-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Jayhawk is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 04:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
I have similar problems and see a chiropractor monthly. I do an exercise he told me to do that my wife told me to do a long time ago. She is pissed that I do it now and tell everyone it works.

Anyway it is some kind of standard yoga thing. You lay on your stomach and kind of do a push up with your hips still touching the floor. I start out lifting my chest only a few inches off the ground and then lower myself back to the ground. Then I lift myself up a little higher and so forth until I can completely arch my back with my head thrown back into a pretty tight "C" shape. I never thought this would do much of anything, but I do it nearly every day and the day to day soreness is gone. Good luck, back pain is the shits. Jim
Chiropractors do more harm than good. Best you find a good witch doctor! Have him look at your head while he's at it.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Chiropractors do more harm than good. Best you find a good witch doctor! Have him look at your head while he's at it.
Another knowledge based, classy response from "the website ejaculator."

Chiropractors, like certified medical doctors, come in a wide variety of skills and experience. Medical doctors fuck up more people every year than chiropractors. When the medical doctors start policing their own and stop leaving shit inside people during routine operations, or amputating parts off the wrong people and prescribing drugs for illnesses that don't exist and so on, they will have some basis for throwing that stone you just chucked. In the mean time if you have muscle strain and back pain, a chiropractor is not a bad choice. Works for me, some chiropractors are better than others, but best of all they don't just prescribe a drug and send you on your way.

Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Moderator
 
gerkebi's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Location: E-I-E-I-Ohio
Posts: 5,920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got an inversion machine, and combined with exercise has helped a bunch. Memory foam topper on my bed, sleep with a pillow (or Jody) between my legs, and some physical therapy has made a huge difference.
gerkebi is offline  
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 05:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jody's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Location: Somebeach...
Posts: 6,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi View Post
I got an inversion machine, and combined with exercise has helped a bunch. Memory foam topper on my bed, sleep with a pillow (or Jody) between my legs, and some physical therapy has made a huge difference.
I get the pillow.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
Jody is offline  
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ He's farted on it....you sure?
Qubes is online now  
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Moderately subtle
 
edfreeman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Location: Soddy Daisy, TN
Posts: 8,502
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Chiropractors do more harm than good. Best you find a good witch doctor! Have him look at your head while he's at it.
I have had a great deal of success with chiropractors in correcting injuries I've inflicted upon myself, stupidly. Maybe 12-13 years ago, I twisted while trying to carry a portable TV by myself and felt a pop. Had to set the TV on the pool table and hit the ground in pain. I had injured it previously doing something as stupid and had suffered through a few weeks of walking around like an old man (I was 35) taking baby steps and feeling further pangs when I stepped wrong. A friend recommended I see his chiropractor, and in two visits, he had my spine lined back up and the muscles relaxed and good as new. Also did the x-ray thing and showed me abnormalities in my lower vertebrae that made my back prone to injury when I did stupid stuff. Of course, they all want that ongoing periodic adjustments to continue the revenue stream, but don't underestimate what they can do for you.
Jim is correct in that there are incompetent ones as well, which is why you should get a recommendation from someone whose opinion you value. I went to one who was into some kind of pressure point pocket of pain chemicals thing, thinking he needed to find them pockets and smash them (I'm sure the science is more sound and complicated than that). He found one of those pockets somewhere between the spine and shoulder blade, dug his thumb into it, and had to scrape me off his ceiling. I told him if he ever did that again, I'd reach around and pull the first organ I could find, giving him an instant sex change. Never went back.
Be a good patient, too (I'm not one), and do the exercises they tell you to. Seeing as how you spend your life on your butt, the inversion gizmos that dope and gerkebi have recommended would likely do you wonders on your down time. You can get one of those small, hand held laptops and post upside down, if you're concerned about your daily average going down.

edfreeman is offline  
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
worst mod in BW history
 
ThrillKill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Location: Chicago
Posts: 27,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
Want me to walk on it for you? I don't weigh too much, back doen under 100 lbs. But I dont think I could do it at 75 mph.
I appreciate it but I already have a woman who walks all over me. There is some guy selling one of those inversion thingies on TV right after reruns of Mayberry RFD and just before the Star Spangled Banner and test pattern. Might have a look see.

ThrillKill is offline  
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 09:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
I have had a great deal of success with chiropractors in correcting injuries I've inflicted upon myself, stupidly. Maybe 12-13 years ago, I twisted while trying to carry a portable TV by myself and felt a pop. Had to set the TV on the pool table and hit the ground in pain. I had injured it previously doing something as stupid and had suffered through a few weeks of walking around like an old man (I was 35) taking baby steps and feeling further pangs when I stepped wrong. A friend recommended I see his chiropractor, and in two visits, he had my spine lined back up and the muscles relaxed and good as new. Also did the x-ray thing and showed me abnormalities in my lower vertebrae that made my back prone to injury when I did stupid stuff. Of course, they all want that ongoing periodic adjustments to continue the revenue stream, but don't underestimate what they can do for you.
Jim is correct in that there are incompetent ones as well, which is why you should get a recommendation from someone whose opinion you value. I went to one who was into some kind of pressure point pocket of pain chemicals thing, thinking he needed to find them pockets and smash them (I'm sure the science is more sound and complicated than that). He found one of those pockets somewhere between the spine and shoulder blade, dug his thumb into it, and had to scrape me off his ceiling. I told him if he ever did that again, I'd reach around and pull the first organ I could find, giving him an instant sex change. Never went back.
Be a good patient, too (I'm not one), and do the exercises they tell you to. Seeing as how you spend your life on your butt, the inversion gizmos that dope and gerkebi have recommended would likely do you wonders on your down time. You can get one of those small, hand held laptops and post upside down, if you're concerned about your daily average going down.
Interesting Cut and Paste job...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Airmatic, lower on the right side back Oddemann W220 S-Class 11 01-13-2009 01:37 PM
    How do I lower my c140 in the back? Jonathan Wallin W140 S-Class 1 02-10-2007 07:56 AM
    Back Pain with my CLK55 Coupe Scotty22 C208/A208 CLK-Class 3 07-23-2006 02:46 AM
    Back online ... now that was a pain Jeff Voigt R171 SLK-Class 3 04-26-2006 01:30 PM
    Pain-in-the-Back Seats! (Seat Breakdown) Gurnet W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 9 02-05-2004 10:04 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome