Your definition of Conservative is the one I aligned myself with all these years; largely out of opposition to liberalism, which was (when I was growing up), synonymous with Democrats. Now it seems that the same Liberals, possibly having been expelled by the Democrats, rebranded themselves as Neoconservatives, and used partial word-association techniques of some kind to infiltrate the Republican party.
Can we add...
* Fiscally Liberal - Deficit Spending, no cap debt
* Bigger Government
* Social Activists - Right to life, Gay Rights, Immigration
* Lax enforcement of Laws - Business regulations not enforced, immigration not enforced, safety not enforced
* Renegade Foreign Policy - Nation Building, ignore treaties, go it alone, against UN
* Caught soliciting sex in airport men's rooms
...so FTL will get off our backs?