Condoleezza Rice Says She's `Proud' of Decision to Invade Iraq - Page 10 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
For someone "of no political persuaion [sic] and dont [sic] wish to be," [sic] you are being political in a very uninformed way. You might want to get a lot better-informed before you venture too much further into the morass...
You are correct, I am of no political persuasion, (not persuaion). Do we, the general public, need to be of a 'political persuasion' to air our views? By being neutral i can look at both sides of the coin without prejudice.

Having served 12 years with the forces and had to deal with terrorism first hand, i think the political types of the world will loose and/or end up killing thousands of more innocent people.

Politics will not stop terrorism. Iran is now test firing medium and long range missiles. Do you still think Iraq, which had no real WMD, was such a good idea?

Jay, i agree that i am un-informed but i see the thousands of civilians and soldiers that are dead as a result of GWB and his cronies thinking. Bin Laden is still alive and still poses a risk, so what is the achievment?

Its a sad day for the American people and its gonna get worse unless he changes course.

Adolf Hitler chose to fight on two fronts and thats what brought him down, so now GWB will take on Iran as well? All this whilst Bin Laden sits in his lair laughing his head off. Politics? what use is this, Winston Churchill would turn in his grave (god rest his sole).

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.

Last edited by eric242340; 07-09-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
You are correct, I am of no political persuasion, (not persuaion). Do we, the general public, need to be of a 'political persuasion' to air our views? By being neutral i can look at both sides of the coin without prejudice.

Having served 12 years with the forces and had to deal with terrorism first hand, i think the political types of the world will loose and/or end up killing thousands of more innocent people.

Politics will not stop terrorism. Iran is now test firing medium and long range missiles. Do you still think Iraq, which had no real WMD, was such a good idea?

Jay, i agree that i am un-informed but i see the thousands of civilians and soldiers that are dead as a result of GWB and his cronies thinking. Bin Laden is still alive and still poses a risk, so what is the achievment?

Its a sad day for the American people and its gonna get worse unless he changes course.

Adolf Hitler chose to fight on two fronts and thats what brought him down, so now GWB will take on Iran as well? All this whilst Bin Laden sits in his lair laughing his head off. Politics? what use is this, Winston Churchill would turn in his grave (god rest his sole).
It just seems to me that for someone who claims to be apolitical, you are very political and have picked a side--bogus as it is--and are not really open to learning anything at all. Face it, you are no different than all the other leftwing Kookbergers who post here. Your pretense of being naive and apolitical is a ruse, at best.

Don't believe everything you think
post #93 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Quote:
It just seems to me that for someone who claims to be apolitical, you are very political and have picked a side--bogus as it is--and are not really open to learning anything at all. Face it, you are no different than all the other leftwing Kookbergers who post here. Your pretense of being naive and apolitical is a ruse, at best.
It is not a ruse at all, cannot you accept that everyday people have a life and can understand what is happening around them? Or maybe you are too locked up in your political world to see the real people out there

ERIC.

post #94 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Most of the folks on this forum agree with your assessment, Eric. There is no substitute for common sense, including and most especially, political mumbo jumbo.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #95 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
So how does that explain the numerous conservative oppositon to this fiasco, from Pat Buchanan to Brent Scocroft?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #96 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
I am so tempted to believe that folks on a Mercedes forum have a little class. Posts like that one remind me of how little class some members have.

Ahhh, I successfully offended someone with a graphic description of a pompous buffoon pushing a purely partisan political response intended to intimidate someone approaching the subject with humility and grace while trying to get his opinion into the overall discussion and trying to avoid a purely partisan political response. The only confusing issue is the person has elected to be offended by the graphic nature of the description and sees nothing wrong with the partisan political arm twisting attempt to intimidate the person offering an opposing opinion specifically packaged in a manner that was intended to avoid a purely partisan political response.

You guys are the ones without any "class." Just in case you didn't realize this, owning an MB is not a real indicator of having class. Neither is participating on an internet web forum that purports to be for MB owners. This is America, and anyone can own an MB, at least for a short time. To see your presumed association of having class with owning a Benz shaken is progress - makes my offensive post worthwhile. Since you don't have any class yourself, feel free now to buy something that suits your actual classiness, like a Yugo. Spend the rest of your disposable income on something constructive, like learning to think for yourself.

Class is demonstrated by treating people with honesty and openness. In this case the response to Eric was neither. It was more of the same, intellectually empty, thoughtless and baseless political pandering to Bush, with a presumed air of superiority that is equally unsupported which I find offensive, regardless of whether or not Jaybaugh drives a Benz - he is basically little more than a bobbing political hard-on that spurts intellectual blanks. Too often. Eric posts what he is thinking about, while Jaybaugh posts his daily and often recycled Bush talking points. Jaybaugh has yet to post an original thought and then justified it without relying on some prepackaged Bush talking points from his radio show, or Fox News.

Jim

Last edited by JimSmith; 07-09-2008 at 04:23 PM.
post #97 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 04:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
heh, heh.......Go easy on Eric Jay! He is a true English Upper Class Elitist twit and is not accustomed to such common rhetoric! heh, heh.......
post #98 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
heh, heh.......Go easy on Eric Jay! He is a true English Upper Class Elitist twit and is not accustomed to such common rhetoric! heh, heh.......
Punjabi, for your information, i was born into a working class catholic family and one of eight children. I did get a good education thanks to my father and all his hard work and i resent being called an upper class elitist twit.

Im a little supprised by your post as you live in Londonstan and understand common hard working people. But, like me, your are entitled to your un-informed opinion

On the other hand I think Jim's post was spot on. Some people care for politics, but most people live in the real world, thanks JIM

GS, thanks for your comments they dont go unoticed

Now back to the thread Gentlmen

ERIC.

post #99 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
Punjabi, for your information, i was born into a working class catholic family and one of eight children. I did get a good education thanks to my father and all his hard work and i resent being called an upper class elitist twit.

Im a little supprised by your post as you live in Londonstan and understand common hard working people. But, like me, your are entitled to your un-informed opinion
..........:
You need to lighten-up Eric. You're taking yourself and PJ way too seriously. After all, it was just a silly joke. Hell, everyone here knows you are not an "upper class" anything.

Don't believe everything you think
post #100 of 101 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 09:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
I am so tempted to believe that folks on a Mercedes forum have a little class. Posts like that one remind me of how little class some members have.
I have some class for you right here:

Fuck you!!!!

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in