BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
That was for 430's edification.
I know exactly what you are referencing but you fail to address my statement. Isreal broke or may have broken an agreement. This does not make it illegal.

Just because you don't like something or you break your agreement, or your word does not make it illegal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Why should Israel's obligation to the US be less than that under an international treaty?

Israel used a munition for a purpose they had specifically agreed not too as a precursor for obtaining said munition.

Illegal in the international community or not, shouldn't the US hold Israel responsible for abrogating that agreement?

Given their two for two record regarding Israel's willingness to misuse munitions we've supplied them, how would you suggest the US react.
post #33 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
There was once one palestinian
he did not have his own opinion
He did blow school bus
And he said that Hamaz
made him into such brave palestinian.
post #34 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyhole View Post
No - never heard of him before. Interesting how the Israelis finished him off though....

What's more interesting is how Yitzhak Rabin, the then prime minister, didn't have enough time to celebrate the successful assassination. He was killed himself a couple of days later by an Israeli extremist who opposed the Oslo peace accords.
post #35 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
I can't understand how some of you guys think that Hamas is all about blowing school buses and killing civillians. I don't claim they haven't done such actions but this only comprisies 5% of their resistance work and is most likely done out of inability to reach a legitimate target (I'm not trying to justify this. It's haram in Islam and Hamas should know better). Most of the times, their targets are of military nature. And they do a lot of humanitarian work in the occupied territories, including running orphanages and providing medical care for the needy. Since they seized control of Gaza, they achieved remarkable successes against corruption in the government, armed drug dealers, car theft gangs, etc. It's funny how these accomplishments don't make it to the news. I searched the net for news articles to support my claim and almost found nothing in English. Here's a 12-month-old article that I think is worth reading:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/20/opinion/20yousef.html

Now, let's see what Israel does with its high precision weaponry. Planes target Palestinian schools, residential neighbourhoods, beaches on weekend, even hospitals. Do you ever hear about this? Or does the news always read like: "Israeli air stike targets Hamas militant" , regardless of the whereabouts of that patrticular Hamas target nor the many other innocent, non-militant victims, including children, that were killed or injured. Then Hamas will retaliate with the firing of a few fire crakers, aka Qassam rockets, and a few Israelis in Sderot will have nervous breakdowns and, lo and behold!, Hamas are the terrorists again for terrorising the poor Israelis. Israel, the Nazi victims, are always victims. Hamas dragged them from all over the world and put them in Sderot to target them later for the mere amusement of Hamas terrorists, right?

What Israel doesn't seemto understand is more opression will breed tougher resistance and home-made Qassam rockets will one day become real, effective rockets.
post #36 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2004 CLK 240 Coupe
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post

A group of people from Iran, Russia, Holland, France, Ethiopia and wherever these people come from tell Palestinians they don't have the right to even visit their own home.
Just re-reading this thread..

Are you referring to the USA or Israel above..?
post #37 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 04:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 560 SEL Euro
I think Palestinians are the most clever business men in the world. They wear a veil of "artificially" inflicted violence upon themselves and gain sympathy as well as aid money all round the world.

Fuel economy!! whats that??
post #38 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyhole View Post
Just re-reading this thread..

Are you referring to the USA or Israel above..?
I see what you mean but this doesn't give Israel the right to repeat the dire mistakes European first settlers did to native (north) Americans.

Is this why some Americans blindly support Israel? Because they think Israel only does what their ancestors did a few centuries ago? While it's not right to hold one accountable for his ancestors actions centuries ago, it's absolutely right to stop the wrong-doer from intentionally copying other people's mistakes.
post #39 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
I think Palestinians are the most clever business men in the world. They wear a veil of "artificially" inflicted violence upon themselves and gain sympathy as well as aid money all round the world.
Hey boss,

Your words better describe Israelis who still milk the world for Hitler and Nazism.

What aid money are you talking about? The money donated by Europe after the Oslo Accord and now is cut off because nobody wants Hamas in government? Or the money previously cut from the salaries of Palestinian expats in the Gulf and handed to PLO as aid money from the GCC countries?
post #40 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 06:04 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
History Question!

Hi all,
Please diregard my nationality for a second coz am not really into politics amyway.. I just wanna ask a trivial history/logic question..

We were taught in history classes, back in school, that in 1948 the Israeli nation/country (which never existsed before) was established inside the Palestinan nation. This was after massive migration of Jews to the Palestinain country, buying many of the palestinain lands, stores, houses...etc.

Now..regardless of any political directions, perspectives, or pressures: IS THIS ABSOLUTE HISTORICAL FACT CORRECT OR WRONG?

I just need am objective answer to this question.. don't misundestand me but I dont wanna know the answer of any arab citizens coz I already know we share the same opinion.. BUT am really curious to know if this is how westerners, Israelis, and Americans think of the historical facts or whether they have different history.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in