DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 View Post
I don't agree with Isreal continuing to build settlements in in the west bank and a vast majority of the territories.

I don't agree with Isreal knocking down palastinien houses to build their wall. If they want to do this it should be on their own land.

I don't agree with the wholesale blockade of food and energy.

I don't agree with keeping the palastinien fishing boats so close to shore that they can not catch any fish.
Wow, you're a human being after all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Zionist extremism has the Israeli power structure using all but the most final of the Nazi tactics, all in the name of security.
post #23 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 03:14 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: MBZ 300SD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Ah, so we must start building concentration camps to fill them up with our local muslims, ayrabs and other darkies just so they don't interfere with the master plan of cleaning this planet of filth like Palestinians, Iranians, Iraqis, Africans and midgets.
I am sorry but you missed your birthday by a few decades; you would have made a fantastic Nazi
Of course not. I have friends arabs and muslim and I am not very white myself. You react to the acctions not the race or the looks of a person. If you point a gun over my fence it does not mater your race or religion. You become a target. We need to be real and understand that utopia is part of a virtual world.
post #24 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2004 CLK 240 Coupe
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
Keyhole,

Ever heard of Yahya Ayyash? ( Yahya Ayyash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
No - never heard of him before. Interesting how the Israelis finished him off though....
post #25 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Let me guess: Israel
The US and a number of other countries did not sign. The NATO members that did sign will recieve the benefits of the US not signing. Hmmm wonder if there was some planning behind closed doors.
post #26 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Wow, you're a human being after all
Give me a couple of minutes and I will change your opinion
post #27 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 View Post
Give me a couple of minutes and I will change your opinion
Look the mere fact that you acknowledge some real issues with Israel's policies I will concede and agree with you that what some Palestinians are doing in terms of suicide bombings and targeting civilians is just criminal and will not serve well for their cause. I don't really need to be changed; my position is clear: I am all for an Israeli state but in conjunction with a Palestinian state that is not at the mercy of Israel. What I am not for is a one sided approach to the ME problems because we can't get our shit together to educate ourself on the real issues and manage to keep zealots and extremists on both sides out of the equation. We must not pander to Israel because it says so. We can help but only if it is done in a just and honest way.
post #28 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:50 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Lifetime Premium Member
Israel did not abide by the agreement by which they purchased the cluster munitions. There is a pattern of such unpunished behavior.

U.S: Israel may have misused cluster bombs
POSTED: 1:41 p.m. EST, January 29, 2007

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Israel's use of U.S.-made cluster bombs in last year's war in Lebanon may have violated agreements with the United States governing their use, the State Department said Monday.

"There may -- likely could have been some violations," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said.

The State Department has sent a report to Congress laying out the preliminary findings, he said.

Agreements under the Arms Export Control Act govern use of munitions sold by the United States. Those agreements are confidential.

There is no international treaty in effect regulating cluster bombs, according to Human Rights Watch, but their use is restricted under international humanitarian law. Nations are expected to clean up areas where they used cluster bombs once a conflict ends.

Enormous collateral damage and civilian casualties from Israel's war with Hezbollah fighters in southern Lebanon caused an outcry by rights groups and Arab governments about the use of cluster bombs and prompted the U.S. investigation.

Cluster munitions used in Lebanon were fired from artillery shells, with each shell carrying more than 600 of the cluster bombs, according to Human Rights Watch. The larger shell bursts open near the ground, scattering the bomblets.

Human Rights Watch reported those used by Israel in Lebanon were usually fired in a volley of six shells, scattering almost 4,000 bomblets on a square kilometer.

The United Nations Mine Action Coordination Center of South Lebanon estimates 1 million unexploded cluster munitions remain scattered in southern Lebanon. The center estimates they'll be cleared by December of this year.

As of January 18, 30 people have been killed by the unexploded munitions in Lebanon, the center reports.

Hezbollah also used cluster munitions during the war, Human Rights Watch says, firing Chinese-made cluster rockets into Israel.

McCormack said that Israel cooperated with the investigation but that the U.S. also used other sources of information.

He stressed that the findings were preliminary. Any further investigation or action against the Israeli government would be determined in consultations with Congress, he said.

"We do take our obligations under the law seriously," McCormack said, adding the fact the Bush administration sent the report to Congress was evidence of that.

The Associated Press reported that Washington banned the sale of cluster bombs to Israel in 1982 after finding the Israeli military misused them during the war in Lebanon that year. That ban lasted six years.

David Siegel, a spokesman for the Israeli Embassy in Washington, acknowledged Israel's cooperation with the investigation and defended Israel's use of the weapons.

"Israel provided a detailed response to the administration's request for information on our use to halt Hezbollah's unprovoked ... fire against our civilian population centers. Israel suffered heavy casualties in these attacks and acted as any government would in exercising its right for self-defense," he said.

In Jerusalem, Israel Foreign Ministry Spokesman Mark Regev told Reuters: "Israel takes the concerns raised by the U.S. very seriously. In our response, we have been as detailed, as forthcoming and transparent as possible."

U.S: Israel¬*may have¬*misused cluster bombs - CNN.com

And yes, Hezbollah should be no less accountable for their use of these munitions.
post #29 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:58 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
^^
It's Israel and that will not constitute a crime; how can Israel commit a crime? The audacity!
post #30 of 143 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Lifetime Premium Member
That was for 430's edification.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in