Palestinians cannot even visit their homes. - Page 15 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 143 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 04:54 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
LOL, we need to do it again, the crab cakes were good. We missed doing the summer GTG with Steve this summer "as promised"
Hey, I am off from mid December to mid January, so I will need a break from building the master suite bathroom somewhere in there. If you feel like checking my progress then go for some crabs let me know.
Deal. My treat this time.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
post #142 of 143 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
This is about survival, identity and the right to exist.
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
So says Israel.
Where they were before is far safer than Palestine, especially that Hitler is dead.

Right to exist?
Each and every human has the right to exist in his own country. If one doesn't like it where they he/she lives, they can always travel till they find a place suitable to buy/rent a house not steal one and throw its owners outside and then cry foul if they claim their right to it .

Why is it that a Polish Jew is looking for an identity on my expense? He's supposed to be a Pole, a jewish Pole to elaborate. Why all of a sudden, in 1948, he calls himself an Israeli, immigrates to Palestine, steals my father's home, my mother's farm and my people's country, rename it and call it Israel?? He was a Pole only a day ago. His 'Israeli' neighbourhood consists of the following: ex-Brits, ex-Iranians, ex-Ethiopians, ex-Dutch, ex-Yemenis, etc. What kind of identity is this?
*If it's based on race/ethnicity, how come the Brits, Iranians, Ethiopians, Dutch, Yemeni, etc be of the same identity?
*Is it based on religion? Lovely. Everybody's suddenly enthusiastic about religion. Let me seize the opportunity and establish Islamael in the heart of the US and call some Muslims to be citizen of our new-found, identity-defining state? They'll also come from Britain, Iran, Ethiopia, Holland, Yemen, etc. . Sorry in advance for the loss of life, property, historical sites, etc. Please learn from the Palestinians not to oppose so that the losses are minimal. You Americans must be more civilized and peaceful than us Arabs.

Sarcasm aside, each Israeli had an identity before he migrated to Israel. Each spoke a particular tongue and came from a country with a distinctive culture. To my limited knowledge, this is identity. People don't just go stealing an identity from others.

Do you know that, in Israel's desperate attempt to give an identity to its people of various backgrounds, they call Levantine dishes their own?? I have a hard time imaging that hummus, balawa (baklav/wa, if you wish), wara enab, kusa mahshi, falafel, tabbouleh are Hebrew words. Suddenly I can understand Hebrew.
post #143 of 143 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
As a "friend", what's your advice for Tahloube and her surviving grandparent ?

Stay and possibly perish for the cause or help them leave the hell-hole ?
If your own loved one is there, what's your advice ?

Grow up, Drew.
Israel has been closing the borders for a year and a half now. It used to allow the minimal amounts of fuel and essential goods. For 3 weeks now, even that has stopped. Gaza is in a blackout. Nobody's allowed in or out. It's a big jail.

Ever heard of Yehya Ayyash? He's The Engineer of suicide bombing attacks. He was always a bright student and after he earned his BSc in the early 1990s, he wanted to travel to do higher studies. Israel didn't allow him. Israel has always imposed travel restrictions on young Palestinians, that is people below 60. They paid heavily.

And let's stay focused on the present, as drew said, because we can do something about it. We can't build a good future on a present of injustice. The past is something we can only back at and learn from and, hopefully, not repeat the same mistakes.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: