Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Street crime in china
BEIJING - A man armed with a knife stormed a police station in Shanghai on Tuesday, stabbing officers inside and killing at least five, authorities said.
The 28-year-old man, whose surname is Yang, set a fire outside the building's gate and then rushed inside and began attacking officers, the Shanghai public security bureau said in a news release.
Five officers died after being taken to a hospital, while four other police officers and a security guard were hurt, the statement said. Some had chest wounds and others had bloodied faces, the official Xinhua News Agency reported, citing a witness with the surname Yi.
Yang, who is from Beijing and unemployed, said he was seeking revenge after officers at the station in Shanghai's Zhabei district investigated him last year for allegedly stealing bicycles, police said.
Yang was taken into custody at the station.
Violent street crime is rare in China, where private gun ownership is virtually banned.
Now this made me laugh, why?
1. Guns are only banned if you are not in a position of power.
2. It was not a street crime, he attacked a police station.
3. He killed five police officers with a knife? in a police station and police do carry guns.
4. He was being investigated for stealing bicycles? hardly warrants murder does it, was he insane or simply badly treated by the police?
5. He started a fire outside the station before the attack, thus drawing attention to himself so it was no suprise attack.
6. Street crime with guns is low here but attacks with knifes are quite common.
7. I believe there is more to this than meets the eye, someone is covering up a bigger story.
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.
"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one
- Winston Churchill, in response.