“I don’t normally do this to anybody, but ...” - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
“I don’t normally do this to anybody, but ...”

Man suspected of using stun gun to coerce girlfriend into sex

Listen to this article or download audio file.Click-2-Listen
By AMY HAMILTON
The Daily Sentinel

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Grand Junction man was behind bars Wednesday on suspicion of attempting to coerce his girlfriend into having sex by threatening to zap her with a stun gun.

Christopher Morgen Taylor, 30, 416 Independent Ave., No. 9, turned on a Taser three times early Tuesday morning after his girlfriend refused to have sex with him, according to an arrest affidavit for Taylor.

Taylor’s girlfriend told police that Taylor turned the Taser on and said to her, “I don’t normally do this to anybody, but ...”

His girlfriend said she told Taylor to turn off the Taser because it was “freaking her out,” and she uttered a profanity and left the room, the affidavit said. She told police she was scared her boyfriend was going to use the device on her.

Officers with the Grand Junction Police Department located a stun gun on Taylor’s bedroom nightstand after Taylor gave officers permission to search the house, the affidavit said.

Taylor was in custody at Mesa County Jail on a $60,000 bond on suspicion of first-degree sexual assault and unlawful use of a stun gun. Both are felonies.

Man suspected of sexual assault

In an unrelated case, a Clifton man was arrested on suspicion he sexually assaulted a former co-worker after slipping a substance into her drink when the two were partying in mid-May.

Charles Thomas Clarke, 24, 428 32 Road, was in custody of the Mesa County Jail on a $60,000 bond Wednesday on suspicion of first-degree sexual assault for an alleged assault on a 24-year-old woman at her friend’s home in Fruita the night of May 15.

Clarke and the woman were drinking alcohol at Mesa Theater & Club when the woman became ill and passed out after drinking a beer purchased for her by Clarke, according to an arrest affidavit for Clarke. The woman told police the beer tasted unusually salty.

The woman said the next thing she remembered was Clarke touching her, getting on top of her and saying, “I wanted to do this since we worked together,” and having sex with her as she tried to fight him off, the affidavit said. She told police she was going in and out of consciousness during that time.

The woman’s friend said she noticed someone attempt to take a sip of the beer Clarke had purchased for the woman, but Clarke wouldn’t let the person taste it, saying it had too much salt in it and wouldn’t taste good. The friend told police that struck her as odd, as did the fact her friend passed out. She said she had never seen her friend of 14 years react to alcohol that way, the affidavit said.

The woman’s friend said Clarke was in a hurry to leave her home, and after he left she found her friend on the living room floor with her dress up and her underwear on. Some of the woman’s clothes were booked into the Fruita Police Department’s evidence room.

Clarke, appearing via video conference from the jail, said during a court hearing Wednesday the accusations against him are false, and he wanted to pay for a polygraph test “because this is all a lie.”

“There was an incident at a bar ... she’s mad at me because I didn’t call her, so she says I raped her,” he said. “This is craziness.”

Mesa County District Attorney Pete Hautzinger said he recommended the high bond for Clarke because Clarke has aggravated juvenile and adult criminal records and a history of failing to appear for court appearances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in