Osama Obama sucks-up to Israel - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
My IP has been banned on that site; I can't access it

You shouldn't have pissed off Guage, he had a bucket full of IPs' to choose from............

You are on the shitlist of AIPAC and Guage, you got pack of wild birds feeding off of your grapes, shit, just not your day...........
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Maybe I should deploy this plan

Last edited by DP; 02-01-2009 at 10:27 PM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Maybe I should deploy this plan

Well, that will take car off one transgressor, what of the other 2?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ex-diplomat says US should engage with Hamas leaders

WASHINGTON (AFP) — A former senior US diplomat on Tuesday described senior Hamas leader Ismail Haniya as a "thoughtful politician," saying the US administration should drop its refusal to engage with the Palestinian movement.

Richard Viets, who was US ambassador to Jordan in the early 1980s, recounted his meeting with Haniya in Gaza earlier this month as part of a private US group's fact-finding mission to the region.

"Haniya is a very smart, articulate, sophisticated, thoughtful politician. You have to be impressed sitting in the room with him," Viets told a news conference.

"On the whole his comments regarding Israel I thought were remarkably balanced and non-polemical," Viets said.

US media coverage had failed to convey an accurate picture of Hamas or Haniya's stance, which was more pragmatic than often portrayed, he said.
"He's a man we ought to know better. He's a man we ought to be talking with."

The United States and the European Union refuse talks with Hamas, which they consider a terrorist organization, unless it renounces violence and recognizes Israel's right to exist.

Viets was part of a team that met with officials and activists in Egypt, Lebanon, Israel, Gaza and the West Bank in a tour sponsored by the Council for the National Interest (CNI).

The group's website says it seeks to counter the "over-zealous tactics of Israel's lobby" in the United States.

Former US president Jimmy Carter drew criticism from both Washington and Israel last month when he made a similar tour of the region and met senior Hamas leaders.

Viets and another former US diplomat said Hamas was open to a negotiated compromise to solve the Middle East conflict.

"They're not out to destroy Israel," ex-diplomat Benjamin Tua told AFP, referring to Hamas.

Hamas was ready to stop cross-border rocket attacks, accept Israel within its pre-1967 borders and would honor past agreements if Israel did the same, said Tua, a former member of the US foreign service who served throughout the Middle East.

"Palestinians do not view Israelis or the Jews as enemies," according to a written account of the CNI team's meeting with Haniya a week before Hamas agreed a cease fire with Israel.

"The problem is the occupation," it said, describing Haniya's stance.
US credibility among Palestinians and Arab governments had been undermined because President George W. Bush's approach was seen as biased towards Israel, the team said.

"There was especially much criticism of the administration's perceived abandonment of America's long standing honest broker approach to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and Arab-Israeli issues in general," Tua said.

The US-sponsored peace initiative launched last year in Annapolis, Maryland was seen by Palestinian and Arab officials as "too little, too late" and that any progress would have to wait until the next US president takes office in January 2009, he said.

Viets said there remained widespread support for a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict but little faith in the Bush administration's efforts.

"There is, I'm sorry to say, an almost complete absence of trust today as opposed to even a year or two ago in Israel and in US intentions."
Haniya views current talks on the peace roadmap as "leading nowhere" but that Hamas would not stand in the way if any progress emerged, Viets said.
The former diplomats' comments came amid concerns over a shaky truce between Israel and Hamas, as three rockets fired from the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip hit southern Israel on Tuesday.

The rockets were the first to be fired from the Palestinian territory since a truce between Israel and the Gaza Strip's Hamas rulers went into effect on June 19.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 07:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Qui prodest?

Russians supply Iran with the nuclear stuff.

Russians supply Iran with the anti-aircraft systems.

Russia is one of the largest oil producers in the world.

Iran is one of the largest oil producers in the world.

US will win nothing from the confrontation.

Israel might just ensure its survival for the next few decades.

But who will win in the short and in the long term?

I think analysis could be quite interesting.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: