Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
WTF is wrong with you people?
One may not promote a â€śhorse tripping eventâ€ť.
A. It is unlawful for any person to:
1. Promote, engage in, or be employed at a bear wrestling exhibition or horse tripping event;
2. Receive money for the admission of another person to any place where bear wrestling or horse tripping will occur;
3. Sell, purchase, possess, or offer a horse for any horse tripping event;
4. Sell, purchase, possess, or train a bear for any bear wrestling exhibition;
5. Subject a bear to alteration in any form for purposes of bear wrestling including, but not limited to, removal of claws or teeth, or severing tendons; or
6. Give any substance to a bear, inject any substance into a bear, or cause a bear to ingest or inhale any substance for the purposes of bear wrestling.
B. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one (1) year, or by a fine of not more than Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment. In addition, the court may require the violator to make restitution and reimbursements to the state, any of its political subdivisions, or to any society which is incorporated for the prevention of cruelty to animals for housing, feeding, or providing medical treatment to any animals used or intended for use in violation of this section.
C. Upon the arrest of any person pursuant to any provision of this section, the arresting law enforcement agency or animal control office shall have authority to seize and take custody of all animals in the possession of the arrested person which are the basis of an arrest pursuant to the provisions of this section. Upon conviction, the court shall have authority to order the forfeiture of all animals seized which are the basis of the conviction pursuant to the provisions of this section. Any animals ordered forfeited may be placed in the custody of a society which is incorporated for the prevention of cruelty to animals.
D. As used in this section, "horse tripping" means to cause an animal of the equine species to fall or lose its balance with the use of a wire, pole, stick, rope or other object. The term does not include the lawful laying down of a horse for medical purposes or for the purposes of identification.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?