Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
You don't think that the near STOP in rampant sex that went on in the early Eighties and use of protection and other factors might have something to do with that? And my understanding is it is not propagating through any groups as quickly as it originally did thanks to education and protection.

Reading WHO stuff, in African environments, it is nearly equal among both populations as folks go between cultures easier.

In the US the difference in lifestyles NOW as opposed to 1978-86 is like night and day in so many circles. It stopped lots of party type sex cold.

My comments on the good doctor is his conclusions seem based on a lack of reality. Everyone is still at risk unless they take precautions.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...

1) Homosexuals who are otherwise low-risk have exactly the same ability to protect themselves from HIV / AIDS as heterosexuals. The real difference between the two is that, unprotected homosexual activity (okay, we're adults - butt fucking) is more prone to expose blood between partners than heterosexual activity. Given the risk, the mind boggles at the concept of homosexuals engaging in unprotected sex still to this day, but statistics don't lie.

2) Africa is a piss-poor case study of how AIDS propagates within heterosexual communities. Of course they're not all homosexuals, but they actively believe and are literally told by their governments that the cure for HIV/AIDS, is to have sex with a virgin. Which is just as stupid as believing the cure for dysentery is to start shitting in the water supply rather than the toilet. This is natural selection at work, right before our eyes.

Last edited by Qubes; 06-16-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
In the early 80.s the only blood product testing was for Hep B and Syphilis. Everything else was on a questionnaire that 90 percent didn't answer honestly. As for testing for HIV that didn't happen till the late 80's along with Hep A and Hep non A non B (known as Hep C now). Sad but true.
And from where did Hepatitis C infections really begin to pick up steam?

I'll give you a guess - Drew now works in the industry from which it sprung.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
And from where did Hepatitis C infections really begin to pick up steam?

I'll give you a guess - Drew now works in the industry from which it sprung.
It is a virus spread most commonly through blood to blood contact. But, there are many more ways to get the virus. This is one of the most widespread viruses. And, most people have no idea they even have it unless they have a complete liver profile.
I worked as a medical lab tech from 81 through 91. It was still Hep non A non B at that time. There are even more mutations of hepatitis now. Hepatitis C (originally "non-A non-B hepatitis") is one of six known hepatitis viruses: A, B, C, D, E, G.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:51 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
^ Those "risks" have been around for almost 30 years, and AIDS has yet to propagate throughout heterosexual circles anywhere NEAR the rate it did (and still does) through the homosexual community.
Women are far more susceptible than men due to the penetration not only of the anus but even of the vagina as well, AIDS is not directed primarily to homo men, although they did rate the highest because of the blood intercourse and lack of condoms. It typically takes blood interaction to spread this disease. It can be spread through saliva but that is very rare.

The reason the essay is fucking bullshit is that people are not strictly one way or the other regarding sexual orientation. Most fall in the middle on a scale of one to ten. The extremes at either end are the minority. Really. Our culture tries to deny this but this is the reality. The AIDS virus knows not the sexual orientation of the participants.

So anal intercourse regardless of sex remains the number uno way of transmitting the disease as well as needle sharing. Traditional hetero sex is in second place with the woman far more at risk. Bodily fluids is in a distant third. This is not speculation this is fact.

ANYONE is still easily able to get the disease. AIDS will shorten your life expectancy, sometimes drastically despite the drug cocktails that now help. It deeply affects the quality of life. Any asshole who tries to make light, or segment it to rigid sexual behaviour, is simply too naive and should shut the fuck up immediately as they are exposing thousands to careless sexual behaviour.

Condoms are a good idea anyway if ever there is the remote chance of doubt regardless the sexual orientation. Other debilitating diseases are out there as always. As far as blowing the whole thing out of proportion, well that is what happens to everything just about in human culture. So next time the weather man says tornado eminent run outside and jump on your roof. Make fun of the warnings, say they are silly, but odds are not in your favor.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 05:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Women are far more susceptible than men due to the penetration not only of the anus but even of the vagina as well, AIDS is not directed primarily to homo men, although they did rate the highest because of the blood intercourse and lack of condoms. It typically takes blood interaction to spread this disease. It can be spread through saliva but that is very rare.

The reason the essay is fucking bullshit is that people are not strictly one way or the other regarding sexual orientation. Most fall in the middle on a scale of one to ten. The extremes at either end are the minority. Really. Our culture tries to deny this but this is the reality. The AIDS virus knows not the sexual orientation of the participants.

So anal intercourse regardless of sex remains the number uno way of transmitting the disease as well as needle sharing. Traditional hetero sex is in second place with the woman far more at risk. Bodily fluids is in a distant third. This is not speculation this is fact.

ANYONE is still easily able to get the disease. AIDS will shorten your life expectancy, sometimes drastically despite the drug cocktails that now help. It deeply affects the quality of life. Any asshole who tries to make light, or segment it to rigid sexual behaviour, is simply too naive and should shut the fuck up immediately as they are exposing thousands to careless sexual behaviour.

Condoms are a good idea anyway if ever there is the remote chance of doubt regardless the sexual orientation. Other debilitating diseases are out there as always. As far as blowing the whole thing out of proportion, well that is what happens to everything just about in human culture. So next time the weather man says tornado eminent run outside and jump on your roof. Make fun of the warnings, say they are silly, but odds are not in your favor.
And, those are the facts. Like it or not. Abstinence or condoms are your only safe bets. Remember every one you have sex with you are also having sex with all of their prior partners and so on. Scary thought isn't it.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 06:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...

1) Homosexuals who are otherwise low-risk have exactly the same ability to protect themselves from HIV / AIDS as heterosexuals. The real difference between the two is that, unprotected homosexual activity (okay, we're adults - butt fucking) is more prone to expose blood between partners than heterosexual activity. Given the risk, the mind boggles at the concept of homosexuals engaging in unprotected sex still to this day, but statistics don't lie.

2) Africa is a piss-poor case study of how AIDS propagates within heterosexual communities. Of course they're not all homosexuals, but they actively believe and are literally told by their governments that the cure for HIV/AIDS, is to have sex with a virgin. Which is just as stupid as believing the cure for dysentery is to start shitting in the water supply rather than the toilet. This is natural selection at work, right before our eyes.
I am a bit confused as to the Whoa whoa whoa whoa...
Enlightenment please?

I think when you look at statistics [which never lie but their interpretation sometimes is not so clear] you see that ANYONE who has unprotected sex or shares needles to this day runs high risk of picking up HIV/AIDS.

And yes, the mind boggles that folks would do that but what moves it from one side of the fence to the other is that group that plays both sides. When lovely Shelia gets a facial from Rod who also does Steve then Shelia is now in a position to share her new gift with everyone she knows/blows. Extrapolate the numbers out and you see that everyone that is not monogamous or at least VERY tightly polygamous is at risk.

If things had stayed in the same steady state as we had back in the early 1980s, I would hate to see what the numbers of deaths would be on both sides of the fence. Fortunately many people were scared so bad they just stopped. Unfortunately, many were scared to religion. Apparently a happy medium was not enough.

And Africa is not a piss poor case study, it is the LARGEST case study. It is sort of the Gold Standard of AIDS studies. Mix Religion, Corrupt government and illiteracy together and you have epidemic. Natural Selection would suggest they had a fighting chance to win.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.

Last edited by mcbear; 06-16-2008 at 07:05 PM.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 07:25 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1984 300D (311,500 miles)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep

McBear is absolutely spot on here. "per CDC" stats Africa still has the highest percentage of active AIDS and HIV cases worldwide, and for the exact reasons he stated. HIV is basically an RNA retrovirus which lowers CD4 cell counts in a viable host, fortunately we now have "protease inhibitors" to try and maintain "safe"; immunilogically safe anyway numbers of these cells. Now the nasty part...genetic permutations in the DNA of virus can drastically change their characteristics over time....great another bug..enough shop talk i'm here to talk about Musaydeez Beunz..Cheers

Cup-Inhaber! Cup-Inhaber! Wir brauchen keine stinkenden keine Becherhalter!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 07:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...

You know the fact that women are at most risk for HIV/AIDS is due to the fact that a lot of their partners are on the down low and are bringing it home. If you can't admit the fact that you are gay or bi then stay out of a relationship with someone who believes you to be as you say. If you have sex with the same sex you are not straight. And you should be a big enough person and have the values to not put others at risk. Male or female.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I am a bit confused as to the Whoa whoa whoa whoa...
Enlightenment please?

I think when you look at statistics [which never lie but their interpretation sometimes is not so clear] you see that ANYONE who has unprotected sex or shares needles to this day runs high risk of picking up HIV/AIDS.

And yes, the mind boggles that folks would do that but what moves it from one side of the fence to the other is that group that plays both sides. When lovely Shelia gets a facial from Rod who also does Steve then Shelia is now in a position to share her new gift with everyone she knows/blows. Extrapolate the numbers out and you see that everyone that is not monogamous or at least VERY tightly polygamous is at risk.

If things had stayed in the same steady state as we had back in the early 1980s, I would hate to see what the numbers of deaths would be on both sides of the fence. Fortunately many people were scared so bad they just stopped. Unfortunately, many were scared to religion. Apparently a happy medium was not enough.

And Africa is not a piss poor case study, it is the LARGEST case study. It is sort of the Gold Standard of AIDS studies. Mix Religion, Corrupt government and illiteracy together and you have epidemic. Natural Selection would suggest they had a fighting chance to win.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like you made it out that it was some freak accident that heterosexuals aren't transmitting (and dying from) the AIDS virus at the same pace as homosexuals. The fact remains they aren't. That's no accident. Do you *seriously* believe that heterosexuals were "scared straight", and homosexuals just didn't give a shit, over the past 20 years?

I'm fully aware that *anyone* can catch AIDS when they engage in risky behavior. What none of these studies seem to be brave enough to tackle is why that behavior continues to pervade the homosexual sub-culture in America, far more than the heterosexual mainstream. Everything else is just rehashing stuff everyone should already know; wrap it before you pack it.

The reason I said that Africa is a piss-poor case study in how AIDS is transmitted is because there is SO MUCH ignorance. You can't make any sort of analogy between homosexual/heterosexual cultural practices in Africa and America. The fact that AIDS spreads rampantly amongst heterosexuals in Africa is academic - of course it does.

If you look back far enough, and compare the evolution of African culture versus that of Europe (and eventually America), there must be something that happened that led to the current state of affairs there. How they got to the place where they're too uneducated to know that their being led by buffoons, absent of medical understanding, absent of any industry to speak of, seemingly absent of the ability to educate...one could go on and on. I didn't say "natural selection" happened quickly...I'm open to hearing other hypothesis that could explain away the massive differences in how - despite the presence of global communications, etc - an entire continent seems unaware of their plight and disinterested in fixing it. I've largely given up on trying to figure it out...things that make so little sense make my brain hurt.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 01:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Carry on ... i think we have found our residents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in