Convert your Gasoline or Diesel Car to run on Water as a Supplement Fuel - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:04 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiRN View Post
Agree but .... you and so many assume that the improvement comes form the H burned in the cylinder and do not take in consideration the better fuel explosion in the piston because there is H and O in the mixture.

There is a car company in Texas already selling cars with this engine modifications. On a 3.5 l Honda engine.
again, it's the increase in efficiency that is the game here not getting something from nothing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2002 ML 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
again, it's the increase in efficiency that is the game here not getting something from nothing
From what I have read, you have to fool the O2 sensor because it will send more fuel to the cylinder when it sense the fuel mixture is to lean because of HHO otherwise the opposite will happen which is you will end up with decrease in MPG.

Quote from a comment on youtube:

I don't know if you have taken this into effect but a vehicle that has oxygen sensors, as a 06' Tacoma would definitely have, doing this type of addition could actually decrease MPG. Hear me out. What an oxygen sensor is designed to do is measures the emissions to determine if the engine is running too lean or too rich. And running a engine on a fraction of HHO will actually decrease emissions (because of the lack of hydrocarbons) making the computer pump more fuel into the engine.

Found these on youtube, HHO gas produce from water being use by welders.
YouTube - HHO gas part one (alternative to fossil fuels)
YouTube - HHO gas part two (alternative to fossil fuels)

This one used saltwater as fuel but instead of electrolysis it uses radiowave to split the H and O.

YouTube - John Kanzius - Saltwater Burns

Dominic

Last edited by dominic888; 06-15-2008 at 07:54 PM.
post #23 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:23 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic888 View Post
From what I have read, you have to fool the O2 sensor because it will send more fuel to the cylinder when it sense the fuel mixture is to lean because of HHO otherwise the opposite will happen which is you will end up with decrease in MPG.

Qute from a comment on youtube:

I don't know if you have taken this into effect but a vehicle that has oxygen sensors, as a 06' Tacoma would definitely have, doing this type of addition could actually decrease MPG. Hear me out. What an oxygen sensor is designed to do is measures the emissions to determine if the engine is running too lean or too rich. And running a engine on a fraction of HHO will actually decrease emissions (because of the lack of hydrocarbons) making the computer pump more fuel into the engine.

This one used saltwater as fule but isntead of electrolysis it uses radiowave to split the H and O.

Let me give you some news: I tried them all; yes I have a powerful frequency generator right here in my home lab and I was able to separate hydrogen from the water but again when I measured my total input versus my total output I still had substantial losses

Here is my set up:
1. Electrolysis via my variable power supply ( I tried at 12V and 50V DC) while measuring Vin and Iin
2. Gases (oxygen and hydrogen) recuperation
3. gases circulation to my newly build fuel cell
4. Fed the hydrogen on one end and the oxygen on the other end
5. Measured current from my anode to cathode of the fuel cell going through a load; Iout and Vout
6. compared vin*Iin and Vout*Iout and I was way way below unity.
7. Got water out and HEAT

Step 1:
A. I used regular electrolysis
B. I used radio waves for generation of the gases (this is what you saw in your video) and I measured Vin and Iin to my frequency generator

So tell me, why is it that we get less power than what we supply to the experiment?
post #24 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic888 View Post

Quote from a comment on youtube:

This one used saltwater as fule but isntead of electrolysis it uses radiowave to split the H and O.

It does run on lakewater, also, if you filter it properly. I put one on my boat last year, which makes it easier since there isn't a bunch of sensors that need to be fooled. I use the bilge pump to keep the water tank in the back of the boat essentially full, have a hose and small pump I can drop into the lake if I need to (never an issue with my boys climbing in and out of the boat). Anyhow, between the pump and the tank, I added one of those small, reverse osmosis filtration units, one that I can regenerate in between outings using a water hose. Connect the tank to the unit, and, presto, I didn't have to refill the gas tank all summer long. Plus, it seemed as though the water skiers were able to plane out quicker, and you wouldn't believe the air I could put under a tuber.
Q can set you up . . .

post #25 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:40 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
It does run on lakewater, also, if you filter it properly. I put one on my boat last year, which makes it easier since there isn't a bunch of sensors that need to be fooled. I use the bilge pump to keep the water tank in the back of the boat essentially full, have a hose and small pump I can drop into the lake if I need to (never an issue with my boys climbing in and out of the boat). Anyhow, between the pump and the tank, I added one of those small, reverse osmosis filtration units, one that I can regenerate in between outings using a water hose. Connect the tank to the unit, and, presto, I didn't have to refill the gas tank all summer long. Plus, it seemed as though the water skiers were able to plane out quicker, and you wouldn't believe the air I could put under a tuber.
Q can set you up . . .
I know it's Father's day but what have you been drinking?
post #26 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Moderately subtle

Lifetime Premium Member
I'm about 2 beers into a mini-keg after spending the day on the lake with the boys . . . you?

post #27 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:46 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
I'm about 2 beers into a mini-keg after spending the day on the lake with the boys . . . you?
let me guess, you also connected your tank to the keg
I am ahving a Seagrams with a couple of ice cubes
post #28 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Moderately subtle

Lifetime Premium Member
This beer's too good to waste it on propulsion.

post #29 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:50 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
This beer's too good to waste it on propulsion.
Then explain your fueling system again...slowly so I can understand
post #30 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Moderately subtle

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Then explain your fueling system again...slowly so I can understand
It's Q's system mounted on my boat with a water supply of filtered lake water. Y'know, the system dominic asked about . . . Qbn's a distributor and hooked me up. Minor modifications to fit it on my boat engine (GM 5.0L), the water filtration system was my idea. Boat dock gas is $5 bucks a gallon right now for 87 octane.

Ran great today, put about 3 running hours on it in half a day at the lake and the gas needle barely moved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in