Big Brown poised for Triple Crown bid... - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
I'm? I'm 47 with a 22 yr old and a 18 yr old.....please
It's called talking

PS

Still with my first wife, by the way. Of 24 years.

So, no lectures, please.
I know the parents talk to the kids and can succeed but when they are competitive and they are involved with sports that put them in a competitive position where the carrot is there, common sense [and what mom and dad suggested] might not always work. Most all the parents taught us not to drink or smoke. Only a few of us actually listened.
  • And when you add the specter of money, BIG MONEY to the plot, kids are going to do what is necessary to make the cut.
  • And when college comes around the field is thinned to 1/100th. The CUT is very harsh.
  • And when it comes time to turn pro, the CUT is 1/250. THAT CUT is a real bitch.
  • And when AGE catches up with the PRO, THAT CUT is it.

And with just a few shots a week, you can be on the winning side of the cut, not like those losers over there. With just a few gallons of this a month and you will continue to perform and make the cut, not like those losers. Did you mom and dad like the new house you bought them?

The main difference between Barry Bonds and Big Brown is that they regulate steroids in Horse Racing.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.

Last edited by mcbear; 06-08-2008 at 06:32 PM.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jody's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Location: Somebeach...
Posts: 6,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
I'm? I'm 47 with a 22 yr old and a 18 yr old.....please
It's called talking

PS

Still with my first wife, by the way. Of 24 years.

So, no lectures, please.
I'm 46 with 4 kids, 2 from my first husband 2 from the second. I'm very involved in everything my kids do and we do talk. Unfortunately my son did tell me when he smoked weed for the first time, but at least he did. My daughter tells me everything including what she thought when one of her friends lost her virginity. My sons football coach kept hinting about him bulking up at 6'2" 155lbs They shut there mouths real quick when I confronted them on the matter. No matter how much you talk your kids come to the point they have their own minds and are going to do what they want. Sad but true.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
Jody is offline  
post #53 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Um, if I spray water in your face you respond to it but that does not mean it hurts or is harmful. Critical Thinking. It's for everyone.
If I have Water allergy or Aquagenous urticaria......I'd just knee ya square in the nuts my good man.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #54 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Do I have to quick run down to the local harness stable here and get a couple of snap shots of some of those horses so I may also qualify myself to speak.
Can you bring back the dead horses too, that haven been put down?
I don't know, how long have you been on the back side of the track at the local harness track.

And in the years that I have been dealing with thoroughbreds at the tracks, I have seen FIVE horses put down. Just five in 35 years. Now I know that more occur and I know that the lower grade the track the more likely it is to happen but it is much less likely than you are suggesting.

I have seen more horses put down after breaking a leg stepping in a groundhog hole in a pasture in that same time period. They tell me that had I been a horse, I too would have been put down after my ankle was shattered.

I have seen horses have to be put down because of eating poison caterpillars that infested the area a few years ago. We ended up with THOUSANDS of Lexington folks [most not from the horse community] hiking the fences and killing nests of them to save the horses.

But if you want to go to your track and do that, by all means. Take some carrots and feed the horses treats while you are there. They like that. Pet them and rub their noses while feeding them.

I will be at Hill n Dale Tuesday taking pictures of Seattle Slew's memorial for a book.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #55 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jody's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Location: Somebeach...
Posts: 6,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
You know opinions are like a$$holes we all have one. You're entitled to yours and the rest of us are entitled to disagree.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
Jody is offline  
post #56 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
I'm 46 with 4 kids, 2 from my first husband 2 from the second. I'm very involved in everything my kids do and we do talk. Unfortunately my son did tell me when he smoked weed for the first time, but at least he did. My daughter tells me everything including what she thought when one of her friends lost her virginity. My sons football coach kept hinting about him bulking up at 6'2" 155lbs They shut there mouths real quick when I confronted them on the matter. No matter how much you talk your kids come to the point they have their own minds and are going to do what they want. Sad but true.
And you pray and hope you did a good job of instilling your morals into them.
Both my kids are and where 4 sport athletes, conference this All-state that, they played because it was fun.
My daughter is currently playing softball.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #57 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jody's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Location: Somebeach...
Posts: 6,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I don't know, how long have you been on the back side of the track at the local harness track.

And in the years that I have been dealing with thoroughbreds at the tracks, I have seen FIVE horses put down. Just five in 35 years. Now I know that more occur and I know that the lower grade the track the more likely it is to happen but it is much less likely than you are suggesting.

I have seen more horses put down after breaking a leg stepping in a groundhog hole in a pasture in that same time period. They tell me that had I been a horse, I too would have been put down after my ankle was shattered.

I have seen horses have to be put down because of eating poison caterpillars that infested the area a few years ago. We ended up with THOUSANDS of Lexington folks [most not from the horse community] hiking the fences and killing nests of them to save the horses.

But if you want to go to your track and do that, by all means. Take some carrots and feed the horses treats while you are there. They like that. Pet them and rub their noses while feeding them.

I will be at Hill n Dale Tuesday taking pictures of Seattle Slew's memorial for a book.
Give them all a carrot and a pat on the nose from me, please.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
Jody is offline  
post #58 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I don't know, how long have you been on the back side of the track at the local harness track.

And in the years that I have been dealing with thoroughbreds at the tracks, I have seen FIVE horses put down. Just five in 35 years. Now I know that more occur and I know that the lower grade the track the more likely it is to happen but it is much less likely than you are suggesting.

I have seen more horses put down after breaking a leg stepping in a groundhog hole in a pasture in that same time period. They tell me that had I been a horse, I too would have been put down after my ankle was shattered.

I have seen horses have to be put down because of eating poison caterpillars that infested the area a few years ago. We ended up with THOUSANDS of Lexington folks [most not from the horse community] hiking the fences and killing nests of them to save the horses.

But if you want to go to your track and do that, by all means. Take some carrots and feed the horses treats while you are there. They like that. Pet them and rub their noses while feeding them.

I will be at Hill n Dale Tuesday taking pictures of Seattle Slew's memorial for a book.
Naw, I'll just take a whip down with me, after all it doesn't bother them. just want their attention is all . need to feed them a handful of alfalfa.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #59 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Gotta run, wife just called from the middle school, some broke in and vandalized the office

Not sure where my kids are at!!!!!!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #60 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 07:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jody's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Location: Somebeach...
Posts: 6,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
And you pray and hope you did a good job of instilling your morals into them.
Both my kids are and where 4 sport athletes, conference this All-state that, they played because it was fun.
My daughter is currently playing softball.
I'm glad for you and them. You family may be the exception in today's society. My kids play sports because they love them as well. They also make excellent grades. But, they are kids and do make mistakes. As do we as parents. My children all have good hearts and are always willing to help anyone in need. They have been raised with morals, discipline and most of all love and understanding.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
Jody is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Bernie: Crown Raikkonen or I quit Teutone Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing 3 11-15-2007 06:10 PM
    W124 Looks like a Crown Victoria? Brady W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 8 07-03-2006 07:53 PM
    SLK230 vs Crown Vic or Impalla not sure mihaley23 R170 SLK-Class 15 04-02-2005 07:19 PM
    crown and pinion walshie38 W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 21 06-03-2003 06:47 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome