Obama guys, what IF its true? - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: If its true Michelle screamed "whitey" would you still back Obama?
yes 4 25.00%
no 12 75.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas & Moon Pies

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Vote your conscience, you'll sleep better.
You voted for Perot in '92?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Same shit here until he proved to me today that he is only one of many AIPAC's biatches
You can't really be that pissed off. Look at this as mentioned before. Obama has to deal with all these factions of business and government. I know have to see the type of team he puts together and what the Democrats do if and when they take the White House.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 09:35 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
You can't really be that pissed off. Look at this as mentioned before. Obama has to deal with all these factions of business and government. I know have to see the type of team he puts together and what the Democrats do if and when they take the White House.
I might come around like GS pointed out but right now I will milk this subject for what it's worth before I head back to camp and start chanting We Want Change. This is at the heart of our politics but many people choose to keep it hush hush because it's taboo, besides who in their right minds would want to be labeled an anti-Semite? Don't worry I will know when to tone it down before the JDL plants a bomb in my car or something
post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I might come around like GS pointed out but right now I will milk this subject for what it's worth before I head back to camp and start chanting We Want Change. This is at the heart of our politics but many people choose to keep it hush hush because it's taboo, besides who in their right minds would want to be labeled an anti-Semite? Don't worry I will know when to tone it down before the JDL plants a bomb in my car or something
LOLOLOL

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
We are all hoping audaciously that these rumors will go away.

Love,

Barak (H) Obama

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:33 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Obama denies a rumor and questions the question

Sen. Barack Obama on Thursday batted down rumors circulating on the Internet and mentioned on some cable news shows of the existence of a video of his wife using a derogatory term for white people, and criticized a reporter for asking him about the rumor, which has not a shred of evidence to support it.

“We have seen this before. There is dirt and lies that are circulated in e-mails and they pump them out long enough until finally you, a mainstream reporter, asks me about it,” Obama said to the McClatchy reporter during a press conference aboard his campaign plane. “That gives legs to the story. If somebody has evidence that myself or Michelle or anybody has said something inappropriate, let them do it.”

Asked whether he knew it not to be true, Obama said he had answered the question.

“Frankly, my hope is people don’t play this game,” Obama said. “It is a destructive aspect of our politics. Simply because something appears in an e-mail, that should lend it no more credence than if you heard it on the corner. Presumably the job of the press is to not to go around and spread scurrilous rumors like this until there is actually anything, an iota, of substance or evidence that would substantiate it.”

So was it even acceptable to ask the question?

Before Obama could answer, communications director Robert Gibbs interjected: “You just did.”

“That is my point,” Obama said. “I just think people have to think about it before they ask.”

NOTE: Obama's clearly right that this is how stories for which there's no evidence at all make it into the public eye. So I'm not linking or detailing the rumor, since there's just zero credible evidence for it. This is probably a silly old media vestige, of course; Google has no such standards. And Obama's discussion of it is, more broadly, news: As he acknowledged yesterday, beating back whisper campaigns is perhaps the central challenge his campaign faces.

ALSO: Reason's David Weigel examines the original source of the rumor and finds that he can't keep his story straight. (And yes, I'm now linking something that links the original. It's such an effective challenge to it that it seemed worth the cost.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in