post #81 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 01:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
That would work if we stop treating one group as God's chosen people while the other as the scum of the earth
That's not how we treated the Brits and the Irish in this process or am I wrong?
How much money are we spending in Arab countries vs Israeli countries?

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 01:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Why are we even spending money overseas? To protect our interests? If it is so, the same amount of money we spent should be funnel into cutting edge weaponries that have no rivals. Everyone will bow to us. Not talking about nuclear, that is so passé.

Yup, you guess it. We are the evil empire. Is it not true our basic objective is world dominance? We are just going by the "friendly ways" while our "enemies" use the "evil ways". And while I am at it, only us seeing our way is the good way while the rest of the world sees it otherwise.

If we want to be the good guy, then stop sticking our nose into everybody's affairs.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #83 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 01:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
Yup, you guess it. We are the evil empire. ....
You're the evil empire, not me.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thats what I intend to reverse.

post #84 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 03:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
I think you made it up. It can't be true. Barak Hussein Obama & Harry Reid, and Nacy Polosi and John Murtha said the war was lost and we needed to haul ass. We simply cannot be succeeding, that is NOT the correct script.

Please provide several more links to similar stories, preferably from real sources like the LA Times, Washington Post and NY Times.

Bot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTFA
Rep. Mike McIntyre, D-N.C., who requested the administration's updated assessment, scoffed at the May report, which he says uses the false standard of determining whether progress on a goal is "satisfactory" versus whether the benchmark has been met. He estimates that only a few of the 18 benchmarks have been fully achieved.
This was not a "released" report like the semi annuals, it was an interim. But a quick search did find that nearly everyone did publish the AP story like the link. CNN, Fox, AJC, Times, Post...

What I like best is the way the grading is much like "No Child Left Behind". Success is measured in a way that "progress toward a goal" in itself is enough to gain Satisfaction. So we really don't have 15/18 successes but 15 of 18 ATTEMPTS at the goal. Apparently we found a new way to get Satisfaction. Call Mick and the boys.

If we measured BASEBALL the same way, it would be announced by the lovely White House Press Secretary Dana Perino that the Mighty Casey was Satisfactory in 3 of 3 Goals at Bat. And we are looking forward to his next successful campaign.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #85 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 03:26 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
How much money are we spending in Arab countries vs Israeli countries?

B
2001:
Adjusting the official aid to 2001 dollars in purchasing power, Israel has been given $240 billion since 1973, Stauffer reckons. In addition, the US has given Egypt $117 billion and Jordan $22 billion in foreign aid in return for signing peace treaties with Israel. source: Economist tallies swelling cost of Israel to US | csmonitor.com

1997:
$14,630 per Israeli
Source: WRMEA: U.S. Aid to Israel

2007:

source: US Aid to Israel and the Palestinians

This was interesting (same source as above):
Contrary to ordinary U.S. policy, Israel has been and continues to be allowed to use 26% of this military aid to purchase equipment from Israeli manufacturers. According to CRS, “no other recipient of U.S. military assistance has been granted this benefit.” Thanks in part to this indirect U.S. subsidy, Israel’s arms industry has become one of the strongest in the world. “In 2006, it was the 9th leading supplier of arms worldwide.”

What's wrong with our suppliers eh?

Now that we are shifting our aid to Israel for more military purposes:

The proposed package comes with a serious sweetener for Israel: a 25 percent rise in U.S. military aid, from an annual $2.4 billion (€1.76 billion) at present to $3 billion (€2.2 billion) a year, guaranteed for 10 years, Olmert and U.S. officials said.
Source: Israel says U.S. aid to Saudi military is understandable - International Herald Tribune

and here is a very nice report that explains all; enjoy!
http://www.usembassy.at/en/download/pdf/aid_israel.pdf
post #86 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 03:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Leave at a time of our choosing in accordance with the Iraqi government's wishes. They will probably want us around to be the bad cop for a few years in a slow withdrawal first in-country to garrisons and then out of the country.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

B

Yes, the US should tend to the Pro-Iran Iraqi government needs. Don't you find this confusing?
post #87 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
2001:
Adjusting the official aid to 2001 dollars in purchasing power, Israel has been given $240 billion since 1973, Stauffer reckons. In addition, the US has given Egypt $117 billion and Jordan $22 billion in foreign aid in return for signing peace treaties with Israel. source: Economist tallies swelling cost of Israel to US | csmonitor.com

1997:
$14,630 per Israeli
Source: WRMEA: U.S. Aid to Israel

2007:

source: US Aid to Israel and the Palestinians

This was interesting (same source as above):
Contrary to ordinary U.S. policy, Israel has been and continues to be allowed to use 26% of this military aid to purchase equipment from Israeli manufacturers. According to CRS, “no other recipient of U.S. military assistance has been granted this benefit.” Thanks in part to this indirect U.S. subsidy, Israel’s arms industry has become one of the strongest in the world. “In 2006, it was the 9th leading supplier of arms worldwide.”

What's wrong with our suppliers eh?

Now that we are shifting our aid to Israel for more military purposes:

The proposed package comes with a serious sweetener for Israel: a 25 percent rise in U.S. military aid, from an annual $2.4 billion (€1.76 billion) at present to $3 billion (€2.2 billion) a year, guaranteed for 10 years, Olmert and U.S. officials said.
Source: Israel says U.S. aid to Saudi military is understandable - International Herald Tribune

and here is a very nice report that explains all; enjoy!
http://www.usembassy.at/en/download/pdf/aid_israel.pdf
Is that all of the money the US gov & people spend in Arab countries?

B

post #88 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 04:02 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Is that all of the money the US gov & people spend in Arab countries?

B
Were talking about "hand me downs" here not investments
post #89 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 06:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Were talking about "hand me downs" here not investments
Okay, have it your way.

How much money is spent by this country's government on Arab nations?

I applaud your keen interest in spending on Israel so you should have no problem reporting total expenditures on Arab countries.
B

post #90 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Hmmm, including the formerly sovereign nation of Iraq?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in