Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Weapons of Mass Love

Quote:
Israel 'has 150 nuclear weapons'
Ex-US President Jimmy Carter has said Israel has at least 150 atomic weapons in its arsenal.
The Israelis have never confirmed they have nuclear weapons, but this has been widely assumed since a scientist leaked details in the 1980s.
Mr Carter made his comments on Israel's weapons at a press conference at the annual literary Hay Festival in Wales.
He also described Israeli treatment of Palestinians as "one of the greatest human rights crimes on earth".
Mr Carter gave the figure for the Israeli nuclear arsenal in response to a question on US policy on a possible nuclear-armed Iran, arguing that any newly armed country faced overwhelming odds.
"The US has more than 12,000 nuclear weapons; the Soviet Union (sic) has about the same; Great Britain and France have several hundred, and Israel has 150 or more," festival organisers quoted him as saying.
"We have a phalanx of enormous weaponry... not only of enormous weaponry but of rockets to deliver those missiles on a pinpoint accuracy target."
Most experts estimate that Israel has between 100 and 200 nuclear warheads, largely based on information leaked to the Sunday Times newspaper in the 1980s by Mordechai Vanunu, a former worker at the country's Dimona nuclear reactor.
'Imprisonment'
During the press briefing, Mr Carter expressed his support for Israel as a country, but criticised its domestic and foreign policy.
"One of the greatest human rights crimes on earth is the starvation and imprisonment of 1.6m Palestinians," he said.
The former US president cited statistics which he said showed the nutritional intake of some Palestinian children to be below that of children in Sub-Saharan Africa, as well as describing the European position on Israel could be best described as "supine", festival organisers said.
Mr Carter, awarded a Nobel Peace Prize in 2002, brokered the 1979 Egypt-Israel peace treaty, the first between Israel and an Arab state.
In April he controversially held talks in the Syrian capital Damascus with Khaled Meshaal, leader of the militant Palestinian movement Hamas.

Story from BBC NEWS:
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel 'has 150 nuclear weapons'
...and why is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 01:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Poor Israelis! They need to defend themselves ..

الطفل والدبابة: هذه صورة للطفل فارس عودة في مواجهة دبابة أسرائيلية، اقتحمت هذه الدبابة الخط الفاصل بين الفلسطينيين والدولة اليهودية، وحاولت الدبابة الصهيونية قمع مظاهرة للفلسطينيين حيث رشقت المتظاهرين الفلسطينيين بالرصاص فأصابت العديد منهم، من بينهم ظهر الصبي فارس عودة ابن 14
يركض باتجاه الدبابة المتقدمة نحو الجموع، وبدأ يرشقها بالحجارة، لتتوقف الدبابة عن تقدمها، ويعود الصبي فارس عودة من غير أن يصاب، استشهد الصبي فارس عودة في مواجهة أخرى مع
الجيش الصهيوني

post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1984 300GD "G" Wagen, and 1998 Steyr Puch 290GD "G" Van & a 1988 MB Trac 1000
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Difflock
Cor
Taloube
why am I not impressed
Because we had this same shite propaganda here in NI
PS
Why no photos of blown up Israli children and babies
You know those blown up by the suicide and other bombers.
QUe?
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:47 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflock View Post
Cor
Taloube
why am I not impressed
Because we had this same shite propaganda here in NI
PS
Why no photos of blown up Israli children and babies
You know those blown up by the suicide and other bombers.
QUe?
He does paint a rather one sided picture does he not?

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:57 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
He does paint a rather one sided picture does he not?

Possibly true but if someone has a nice picture from the other side I would read it................
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:23 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Possibly true but if someone has a nice picture from the other side I would read it................
You know the palastine situation is not any different to the situation we had in Ulster, where Oliver Cromwell took a british army over to ireland and took a huge chunk of their real estate and called it Northern Ireland/ Ulster.

He then settled a lot of english protestants in ulster and very soon they out numbered the origional inhabitants the Catholics. We would not give the land back and the catholics knew the could not fight London in a conventional manner so they resorted to terrorism.

We would never have had soldiers patroling the streets of Ulster if not for the terrorism factor, and it was also to keep the two sides appart because the protestants tried to burn the catholics out.

In the 1970's i patroled the streets of Ulster and have seen the results of many terrorist attacks and it is not pretty.

If I was the average isreali guy bringing up his children in what he firmly believes to be his home and land and some maniacs sent rockets and suicide bombers to kill and maim my children then i would expect the army to do all they could about it.

Palastine has a right to claim Isreal as its land but equally Isreal has a right to defend itself. If they dont defend themselves then the likes of Hammas with Iranian backing would wipe them out to a child.

ERIC.

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

eric,

Most of Hamas attacks are against Israeli military targets. These attacks don't get the publicity an attack against civilians gets. Israeli attacks, on the other hand, are against 'targets' in heavily populated areas usually killing and injuring civilians in dozens. Many many times, 'targets' included families picnicking on beaches, kids playing near their homes and homes of civilians who have never carried a gun.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
eric,

Most of Hamas attacks are against Israeli military targets. These attacks don't get the publicity an attack against civilians gets. Israeli attacks, on the other hand, are against 'targets' in heavily populated areas usually killing and injuring civilians in dozens. Many many times, 'targets' included families picnicking on beaches, kids playing near their homes and homes of civilians who have never carried a gun.
I totally agree with you and this is wrong. But a conventional army is not trained to deal with terrorism to start with, they see it as war and in any war you must allow a degree of civilian casualties. The terrorists are not stupid either and hide amongs the crowds for safety, which then puts the crowds in danger. so i still blame the terrorists for shielding behind innocent people.

ERIC.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

They don't hide among civilians. They live there.. In the refugee camps that Israel made them live in when it took their homes. I never heard of a fighter stupid enough to hide in an open beach but I've seen people targeted in a crowded beach on weekends.

As you must know, Palestinians have no army (nor a state) but they as people want the right to return to their homes stolen by the state of Israel. Israel doesn't even comply with UN resolutions and almost gets away with everything it does. If it wasn't for the Palestinian resistance, Israel would've never accepted negotiations with Palestinians and would've taken its state terrorism to the next level, especially with US unconditional support.

Last edited by Tahloube; 05-27-2008 at 05:56 AM.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Outstanding Contributor

It is still a conventional army fighting terrorists and it does not matter where they live, they are targets and that makes any innocent civilians around them vulnerable.

You must try to understand the conventional military thinking, everything has a percentage of acceptable/un-acceptable casualties.

These terrorists think they are helping the Palastinian people but the reality is they are inviting the stronger oponent to destroy phalastine, they are the stupid perpertraters of this mess.

Do you honestly believe that all phalastine people believe in Hammas? I am sure the ones who have lost children do not, but they dont direct their hate at Hammas (as that would be suicide) so they take it out on Isreal. Its a case of chicken and egg.

The military thinkiing is, if you destroy my door I will destroy your house and if you destroy my house I will destroy your street and it goes on and on and on.

In my opinion the phalasinians are destroying their own country with this Isreal thing and their own people. You must see Isreal can NEVER back down.

I say all this as an outsider with experience of dealing with terrorism and I dont condone what Isreal does OK.

ERIC.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in