Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
i didn't watch the monaco gp but i thought the indy race was pretty good.

qban, what year doesn't have rookie issues. maybe a few more this year but almost everybody from cart was a rookie.

yes, fisher had a pretty crappy month but that wreck into kanaan really didn't have anything to do with her skill. it was freak accident and i bet you would have t-boned him just like she did.

i agree on the foyt stable.. rahal jr. looked nothing like his dad.

marco did well but i have a feeling he will have to deal with the andretti luck or lack thereof for ever.

dixon was heck of story really, he worked his butt of and did what he needed to win. vito did well. others pretty much sucked.

a i'm bummed out not to see Paul Tracy in the lineup.. maybe next year. he always make things interesting.
Well, I'm in the camp that could give two squirts about Paul Tracy. He's a moving wreck waiting to happen.

Fully one third of this field consisted of people who had never turned a lap at Indy 30 days ago. I'm not talking about a couple of them. There were in fact good drivers who weren't able to compete this year, and that's a shame, and I hope it changes next year.

I wasn't talking about Fisher nailing Kannan, you can argue that one either way I suppose. I'm talking about her not being able to keep the thing on track under the first caution laps...it was like she had never been in any kind of race car before. Even the "seasoned veterans" from the IRL outright stunk.

Oh well. The fastest car & the best team won, and we saw impressive drives from Meira and Scheckter, the latter of which it would be nice to see get some sponsorship dollars and continue racing.

The Monaco race was phenomenal. Amazing, amazing car control exhibited all over the track. How Kimi kept it straight behind Sutil is simply unbelievable; it's a shame for both that they touched...Sutil surely would have finished 4th. In the rain, at Monaco, in a Force India Ferrari. Welcome to the spotlight, young man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 12:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It was a very good race. The crowd was good, weather was good and racing was good. I am still trying to get the ringing out of my ears.

I didn't know I was going until 11pm on Saturday night so it was a quick trip with no planning or good cameras.

Watched the Monaco race this morning [thanks DVR] and agree it was very good. Would have preferred to be there but you grab a flight up and back where ever you can. Next is Belmont.

I think the thing with Indy, rookies and all is the event as much as the racing. And I do miss PT and Dario in the field.

Of course the best [and sometimes worst] part of the race was the track announcer Tom Carnegie who has now retired and is really missed. Nothing quite matched his Juan PABloooo MonnnnnnTooooYaaaaaaa.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 02:39 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't get over there. Looked like a good race, and I agree with the comments on Vitor. He's a really decent guy that drives hard. Not the first time he's seen second in this race, but the first time was overshadowed by Danica's fourth a couple years ago. Kinda sad over at the Rahal motorhome that day, I'm hanging out with the guy who got second basically alone and the crowd is swarming around Danica.

I don't mean to take anything away from her, it's not her fault. In fact I loved seeing her fire yesterday when she hopped out of the car to go give "Crash" Briscoe a dope slap. Wish they wouldn't have stopped her.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:41 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi View Post
I didn't get over there. Looked like a good race, and I agree with the comments on Vitor. He's a really decent guy that drives hard. Not the first time he's seen second in this race, but the first time was overshadowed by Danica's fourth a couple years ago. Kinda sad over at the Rahal motorhome that day, I'm hanging out with the guy who got second basically alone and the crowd is swarming around Danica.

I don't mean to take anything away from her, it's not her fault. In fact I loved seeing her fire yesterday when she hopped out of the car to go give "Crash" Briscoe a dope slap. Wish they wouldn't have stopped her.

She should take his ass out in the pit lane.....................

Breitbart.tv » Danica Patrick Runs Over Pit Crew Member During Indy 500 Practice
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Well, I'm in the camp that could give two squirts about Paul Tracy. He's a moving wreck waiting to happen.

Fully one third of this field consisted of people who had never turned a lap at Indy 30 days ago. I'm not talking about a couple of them. There were in fact good drivers who weren't able to compete this year, and that's a shame, and I hope it changes next year.

I wasn't talking about Fisher nailing Kannan, you can argue that one either way I suppose. I'm talking about her not being able to keep the thing on track under the first caution laps...it was like she had never been in any kind of race car before. Even the "seasoned veterans" from the IRL outright stunk.

Oh well. The fastest car & the best team won, and we saw impressive drives from Meira and Scheckter, the latter of which it would be nice to see get some sponsorship dollars and continue racing.

The Monaco race was phenomenal. Amazing, amazing car control exhibited all over the track. How Kimi kept it straight behind Sutil is simply unbelievable; it's a shame for both that they touched...Sutil surely would have finished 4th. In the rain, at Monaco, in a Force India Ferrari. Welcome to the spotlight, young man.
i was also impressed with Carpenter. the one bad pit stop did his day in.

indy has always had some rookie and inexperience issues. always. poncho carter anyone? there used to be the racing dentist.. farmers.. all kinds of non racers. not sure who roth is but he seemed to fit that category.

i am sure next year will be better. the year of the split, the race sucked bad. the next year it was better. it took it 3 or 4 years to get pretty good.

you're right about Fisher but her month was terrible. sponsorship issues, new owner (herself) new teams never fire on all cylinders the first year or two. but she did look terrible. too bad she has bever been hooked up with a good car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
It was a very good race. The crowd was good, weather was good and racing was good. I am still trying to get the ringing out of my ears.

I didn't know I was going until 11pm on Saturday night so it was a quick trip with no planning or good cameras.

Watched the Monaco race this morning [thanks DVR] and agree it was very good. Would have preferred to be there but you grab a flight up and back where ever you can. Next is Belmont.

I think the thing with Indy, rookies and all is the event as much as the racing. And I do miss PT and Dario in the field.

Of course the best [and sometimes worst] part of the race was the track announcer Tom Carnegie who has now retired and is really missed. Nothing quite matched his Juan PABloooo MonnnnnnTooooYaaaaaaa.
dario, PT.. not sure what happened with Dario.. hmm

i was surpised not to see hornish jr. hmm.. hope to see montoya a=one of these days again. mears jr need to come back. luyendike jr will be in soon.

the series should be getting better from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi View Post

too bad but she would have impeded his racing and that would have been more trouble. i think he was in the pit getting fixed. not sure if he ever did come back out but the trouble wouldn't have been worth it. she didn't look all that good in her last altercation w/ wheldon.

in political asylum
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 06:40 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
True...Briscoe was getting ready to go back out, she couldn't have wandered in the pit and started something while he was in the car.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 08:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
dario, PT.. not sure what happened with Dario.. hmm

i was surpised not to see hornish jr. hmm.. hope to see montoya a=one of these days again. mears jr need to come back. luyendike jr will be in soon.
Dario, Sam Hornish Jr and Montoya are all playing in NASCAR now. All are finding that NASCAR is not the piece of cake they thought it would be but all doing pretty well.

Rumor has it that Montoya might be moving up to Home Depot sponsorship if Tony Stewart moves on to another team. HD wants to move up in Latin America and Montoya is the ticket for that. It would also provide a top tier ride for him. Ganassi, while good is not at the top of the NASCAR pecking order.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
oh hell, had no idea about hornish and dario running the redneck series. wow. i think the only race i've seen was daytona. outside of that these not so stock stock cars don't hold my interest like they used to.

in political asylum
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 02:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
She should take his ass out in the pit lane.....................

Breitbart.tv » Danica Patrick Runs Over Pit Crew Member During Indy 500 Practice
The dude was asking for it for not paying attention to the incoming.
He was undeniably in the pit stop area.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:22 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
The dude was asking for it for not paying attention to the incoming.
He was undeniably in the pit stop area.

Now that the tunnel vision excuse is killed by her hitting him with her front tire. It was only a practice session, what is your excuse that she could not apply the brakes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in