Investors Jump Into Stocks Amid Hopes Worst Is Over - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 05:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Jayshit4brain,
Looks like it's all bullshit again. This week wiped out anything you gained last week. This is not the symptoms of an expanding economy. It is anything but.

You are full of shit as usual.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 08:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
BFD! The markets go up and down 5% all the time. Just because you see conspiracies around every corner doesn't mean others are not acting honestly and appropriately.
I don't see conspiracies. I see folks that want you to buy, buy, buy and they will say pretty much anything to make that happen. If you believe they yammer on low rated talk shows to hear their own voice and opinion, you are way more naive than I believe you to be.

Do you really believe that they are providing all that commentary for free just so you will be more affluent? It's the churn. Period. That's not conspiracy. That's creative marketing.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I don't see conspiracies. I see folks that want you to buy, buy, buy and they will say pretty much anything to make that happen. If you believe they yammer on low rated talk shows to hear their own voice and opinion, you are way more naive than I believe you to be.

Do you really believe that they are providing all that commentary for free just so you will be more affluent? It's the churn. Period. That's not conspiracy. That's creative marketing.
Two of the reports I referenced were from Reuters and one AP, all written by professional journalists. Do you really think there is some type of conspiracy there and that they are just trying to fool us??? Come on bear! Your level of paranoia is really getting out of hand. Either that or I am just not understanding you...

Don't believe everything you think
post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 09:41 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Two of the reports I referenced were from Reuters and one AP, all written by professional journalists. Do you really think there is some type of conspiracy there and that they are just trying to fool us??? Come on bear! Your level of paranoia is really getting out of hand. Either that or I am just not understanding you...

There could be a whole new forum started just based on the things you do not understand..........unfortunately most is already common knowledge and there would be no money in it........
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 06:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
There could be a whole new forum started just based on the things you do not understand..........unfortunately most is already common knowledge and there would be no money in it........
But of course you're going to tell us you dumped your gold......right?

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 07:38 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
But of course you're going to tell us you dumped your gold......right?

Never did, Inflation is coming........ The UK & the EU are forecasting higher interest rates due to Inflation and there is a good chance of stagflation.

Here is the next gift from China.......China's newest export: Inflation - MSN Money
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 12:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Bad news keep piling on

The only jumping is people out of tall buildings.

Consumer confidence falls to near 16-year low - Stocks & economy - MSNBC.com

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 01:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Actually all three were CNBC reports [which means they culled the reports to post up]. The key has to do with who they talk to and what that person's position/motives are. If They are talking to pure academic economists, that is one thing but when the interviewed are always attached to brokerage houses and banks, then the money flow becomes a part of their opinion.

It is not a conspiracy, it is simple business. They are there to sell and the way they sell is by calming fears, whether the rationale behind that calming is justified or not. They have to do that.

A simple analogy is the used car salesman. He has to sell cars. He is going to sell you on the GOOD points of the prospective car that lit up your eyes. He is going to either downplay or not mention the bad points. That is how he makes a living. That is not a conspiracy, it is just expected business.

Now the spokesperson who is an economist for a brokerage house is expected to calm investors, to insure investors that their money is going to be safe and secure with them. His JOB is to make that case. He does it by selling you on the GOOD points of the economy that lite up your eyes. He is either going to downplay or not mention the bad points. Those are up to you to find out. That is how he makes a living. That is not a conspiracy, it is just expected business.

I have been to economic conferences with these guys and, when they are not on camera and not on record they are not always the same upbeat salesmen that you see/read in the media. They will tell you about the time the car spent as a taxi.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 01:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Never did, Inflation is coming........ The UK & the EU are forecasting higher interest rates due to Inflation and there is a good chance of stagflation.

Here is the next gift from China.......China's newest export: Inflation - MSN Money
Now is not the time to sell gold. I think it will be in the 1200 range pretty soon.

As for China, they will be shutting down much of their production facilities around Beijing in July to clean up the air for the Olympics. That will provide shortages of staple supplies for those companies who use Kanban inventory management and failed to factor in that interruption.

Expect to see fluctuation in their inflation and trade numbers due to that.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Actually all three were CNBC reports [which means they culled the reports to post up]. The key has to do with who they talk to and what that person's position/motives are. If They are talking to pure academic economists, that is one thing but when the interviewed are always attached to brokerage houses and banks, then the money flow becomes a part of their opinion.

It is not a conspiracy, it is simple business. They are there to sell and the way they sell is by calming fears, whether the rationale behind that calming is justified or not. They have to do that.

A simple analogy is the used car salesman. He has to sell cars. He is going to sell you on the GOOD points of the prospective car that lit up your eyes. He is going to either downplay or not mention the bad points. That is how he makes a living. That is not a conspiracy, it is just expected business.

Now the spokesperson who is an economist for a brokerage house is expected to calm investors, to insure investors that their money is going to be safe and secure with them. His JOB is to make that case. He does it by selling you on the GOOD points of the economy that lite up your eyes. He is either going to downplay or not mention the bad points. Those are up to you to find out. That is how he makes a living. That is not a conspiracy, it is just expected business.

I have been to economic conferences with these guys and, when they are not on camera and not on record they are not always the same upbeat salesmen that you see/read in the media. They will tell you about the time the car spent as a taxi.
More pure BearStuff! Those are legitimate press reports that happen to be reprinted on CNBC's Website--and I am sure elsewhere. This is how each report ends:

Copyright 2008 Reuters. Click for restrictions.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Only one is a CNBC report...
--Reuters contributed to this report.
© 2008 CNBC.com

BTW: Did anyone happen to notice how many times this phrase appeared above? "It is not a conspiracy..." I think it was Hamlet who said "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Methinks ol' bear is a conspiracy theorist...

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in