The Spoils of War --- The Legacy Continues... - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 04:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
I guess Bear's idea of "enhanced" meaning troops were sent back 4~5 tours back to back. On the same token, I think you have just as much a hard time finding a WWI survivor to prove your case too. You are just as out of luck.

1- As far as I know NO ONE has gone 4 to 5 tours back to back. A back to back tour is normally defined as no return home for R&R, but then how would you know that? Again we have talk without back up from elau the BS artist….
2- I didn’t make the statement, mcbear did, the burden of proof is on him………

That's hogwash!! The VAMC conducted many researches in the effects of battle fatigue based on Vietnam era veterans. It is also because of those researches that the latter veterans have better treatments. The Europeans have been studying the effects of war as far back as WWI and the U.S. Army learned quite a bit from them. Whether DoD ever put those knowledge to use, its another story.

If you can, re read and try to understand what is being said elau: The comment was meant to go back as far as WW I, NOT just Vietnam, however the first decent studies and their results were only achieved in the studies that resulted from Vietnam. They only started getting anything of major consequence from the Korean war.

I think "planned" is the code word. When are they going to be opened? New hospitals mean absolute nothing if the treatments for the veterans are just as bad and primitive as they are, which most VAMC usually are. My next door neighbor is a Air Force Colonel in the Pentagon and he doesn't even go near a VAMC. And you make it sounds like the Government does the veterans a favor.
If Bush is not to blame, who is? Is he not the one started this war?

1- The VA hospitals suck, there is no doubt about that, but you blame Bush as though he were the only President since WW II. Where were all the complaints from you and those like you for that last 60 years? We have had wounded vets since the last World War, and no one seems to give a damn unless they can blame the problem on the other party.
2- Who started the war is not the question little boy. The problem is that there is a severe lack of support for the guys that get hurt, plenty of money for parades and pomp after the war, but then it all goes on the back burner an nobody gives a rats ass about those that still suffer the effects of the war. You and a few others here seem to care more about how we treat enemy prisoners than you care about our wounded troops.

P-L-E-A-S-E!! Spare us your partisan bullshit. Bush made over $900K, a mere $500K more than his salary. So he is doing something else, is he not? Not to mention all the vacations he took in Crawford, TX. Bruce, get a grip on your facts.

1- What does what he made last year have to do with what I stated? He did as I said he did.
2- You have of course proof that I am wrong and you are right, is that correct? How many vacations did he take, and was he not “on call” at any given moment? You have of course proof that his were not “working vacations”….

Just exactly how much more he does for the VA again? You already forgot the little incident at Ft Belvoir VAMC which got plenty of national attentions? How about the latest one in N.C.? Very nice of you to omit those little facts, huh?

So have you. Don't cast stone if you are in a glass hut yourself.

The term is glass HOUSE elau, at least try and get SOMETHING right.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in