That t-shirt IS an insult.......to Curious George! - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Very different
Bush as a monkey has nothing to do with race but you know full well what you're doing you piece of crap
Now, come on, Drew. You know, as well as I, that no one can confront a black politician about anything or refer to a black politician as any character without being called a racist pig. But, black people get a free pass to perpetrate racism, everyday. No one need to look any further than Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or that racist pig, himself, Rev. Wright.

While he makes his point very poorly, he still has a point. For years, there have been those that likened Bush to a monkey because he has physical attributes that appear 'ape like'. Now, when someone makes the same comparison to Obama, it's considered racist, because 'racists' have, in the past, referred to black people as 'monkeys'. I can understand that. But, in todays politics, one has to have a thick skin, lest their little feelings get hurt by incidents such as this one. I don't like the comparison, either. But I didn't like it any better when Bush was compared to a monkey. The best thing Obama could do to spite the assholes selling these shirts would be to walk up to them, buy one, change into it and wear it. That would get their craw worse than anything.

I don't recall anyone comparing Clinton to any animal species, but you are free to correct me, if I'm wrong. I have seen hundreds of cartoons depicting Bush with a side skewed lip, huge ears and beady eyes. It will be interesting to see if Obama will be portrayed with his huge ears in political cartoons. I suspect most references to his physical characteristics will be deemed off limits to most newspapers and cartoonists. Watch and see.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:50 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Racism is such a nasty thing, but it can be funny as hell see...

klansmen in training....
Attached Images

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 03:55 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Now, come on, Drew. You know, as well as I, that no one can confront a black politician about anything or refer to a black politician as any character without being called a racist pig. But, black people get a free pass to perpetrate racism, everyday. No one need to look any further than Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or that racist pig, himself, Rev. Wright.

While he makes his point very poorly, he still has a point. For years, there have been those that likened Bush to a monkey because he has physical attributes that appear 'ape like'. Now, when someone makes the same comparison to Obama, it's considered racist, because 'racists' have, in the past, referred to black people as 'monkeys'. I can understand that. But, in todays politics, one has to have a thick skin, lest their little feelings get hurt by incidents such as this one. I don't like the comparison, either. But I didn't like it any better when Bush was compared to a monkey. The best thing Obama could do to spite the assholes selling these shirts would be to walk up to them, buy one, change into it and wear it. That would get their craw worse than anything.

I don't recall anyone comparing Clinton to any animal species, but you are free to correct me, if I'm wrong. I have seen hundreds of cartoons depicting Bush with a side skewed lip, huge ears and beady eyes. It will be interesting to see if Obama will be portrayed with his huge ears in political cartoons. I suspect most references to his physical characteristics will be deemed off limits to most newspapers and cartoonists. Watch and see.
No, you don't get it! He's actively applying his racist view and I am actively applying my angry reply; it's a free country and he admitted that's the reason he loves America, I do too
As to the double standard that's another thread all by itself and I will tend to agree with you on some of your points but that's not the case here. Multipurpose is a racist, it's plain and simple
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 04:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
no matter, new sheriff's in town
Attached Images

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 04:18 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
"Deplicted" heh heh.

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 04:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
"Deplicted" heh heh.

Dumb Monkey
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 04:27 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
No one move or the multipurpose gets it!
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
But what if the sheriff had a pet monkey that was a bit of a racist Nazi , should he beat it ?
Attached Images

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post

Everything is taboo now as far as monkeys go.....

NO MORE MONKEYS

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 09:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Fucking racist.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in